It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythbusters UFO film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
While watching a Mythbuster episode on Discovery Channel I was astounded to see a silver UFO in the backgound at several occations, just hovering there, in some of the shots the UFO is fairly close. The Episode is from the second season and is called "Steel toe amputation", the UFO part is from the pier in the "Bottle Rocket" experiment. Anyone recorded the show ? Can anyone grab a screenshot so we can examine them more closely please.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've watched that episode several times (I loved building bottle rockets as a kid) but I didn't notice anything. Where was the object you are refering to in relation to the dock. Incidentally, I'm glad they didn't launch a real person. That would not have gone well!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You can get it here....

I am not sure on this link.. if i get warned banned.. opps.....

ts.searching.com...

It should be in there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
we must find a screenshot of this UFO...I watched the episode in question and I do remember thinking "what is that?" but I forgot about it due to other circumstances coming up.

ATS'ers...lets find this pic, screenshot or whatever you want to call it...we need to figure this out.....I will try on my end.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
I've watched that episode several times (I loved building bottle rockets as a kid) but I didn't notice anything. Where was the object you are refering to in relation to the dock. Incidentally, I'm glad they didn't launch a real person. That would not have gone well!

Its hovering in the perfectly blue sky somewhere in the background in several of the shots I remember seeing it in atlease 4 clips at different locations in the background.

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
ts.searching.com...

A 8 GB download is alot for me, I will try and see if I can download it within a reasonable timeframe.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just finished viewing a rerun of this episode. To me, it appeared to be a balloon with the classic blimp ship. It wasn't in a position to establish a
frame of reference for size or distance. My guess is an advertising balloon, the small ones you see tethered over a business.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I dont think the torrent link is 'exactly legal'.
shopping.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'd say it's justified, just remove the link you have there and download a better torrent downloader, one that can separate files and only download specific ones, like bittornado. I'd hurry with that link removal too.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Has there been any progess, i.e. screenshots?

EDIT: Guess I should change my avatar...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Phood]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Watched a re-run of this episode the other day.

Nothing even remotely UFO-like near the Pier. Except , in one Slow-Motion sequence. There just to the left of the Pier from viewers perspective is a Sea Gull. It does look "neat" , almost like its a blinking light because wings are flapping up and down in Slow Motion , but its definitely not a UFO.

That is towards the last three quarters of the episode during one of the slow motion re-plays of the Bottle Rocket Dummy launch.

Hope that helps.

Maybe, that's not what you saw because its just left of the Pier and above the Water , with the Water as a background.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by lost_shaman]

top topics

join