It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Fighter ((SHAFAGH))

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
we have made a fighter that is has a very new and proffesional systems i am waiting for any other infomation

*Edited caps-lock title*

[edit on 5-4-2006 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
doesnt look particualy good. i wouldnt bother waiting for the stats they will be huge over estimates.

Justin

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3
doesnt look particualy good. i wouldnt bother waiting for the stats they will be huge over estimates.

Justin

On the contrary, it is almost certainly low-observable (~stealth) and potentially widely marketed as the "poor man's JSF" in maybe 10 years time. It's basically the Mig-I-2000 design.

PS. There are loads of threads already on this type.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

On the contrary, it is almost certainly low-observable (~stealth) and potentially widely marketed as the "poor man's JSF" in maybe 10 years time.

having a fighter thats going to start production in 10 years isnt a very good reason to start celebrating now is it? most new planes claim to be low observable so thats hardly special. and the poor mans JSF. its going to be competing against planes from america, russia, china, Sweden.

So its not really very special.

Justin

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

On the contrary, it is almost certainly low-observable (~stealth) and potentially widely marketed as the "poor man's JSF" in maybe 10 years time.

having a fighter thats going to start production in 10 years isnt a very good reason to start celebrating now is it? most new planes claim to be low observable so thats hardly special. and the poor mans JSF. its going to be competing against planes from america, russia, china, Sweden.

So its not really very special.

Justin
it's pretty special if you are Iranian or Russian - it's the future. Yes it will be competing against other types, but it will probably be marketed by Russia (it is a Mig design afterall, in a similar way lockheed market the Korean T-50 Golden Eagle) - a major competitor is the FC-1 which is probably less capable.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

very new and proffesional systems

How can you say it has very new and proffesional systems when you dont know anything about it except from what you can see by looking at the picture?

It will have to be a very impressive plane to make an impact of any kind on the market. although mig marketing it will help its sales.

Justin

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

How can you say it has very new and proffesional systems when you dont know anything about it except from what you can see by looking at the picture?

It will have to be a very impressive plane to make an impact of any kind on the market. although mig marketing it will help its sales.

Justin
You seem to have an agenda. It is a safe bet that it does include "new" and "proffessional" systems. and it's place in the market will have as much to do with politics and price than anything else. It's direct competitors will be F-35, MAKO, FC-1, L-15, F-50 and LCA.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
LOL@Iranian propaganda attempts.

Dude, it looks like a ruddy F-22.

And production starts in 10 years?

W-o-w, you do know that wars are generally pretty quick events right?

Seriously, I'll start a thread up about this new helicopter I'm inventing, post a picture of a new and reengineered Hind and this model of a Hind I've got, and we'll talk about that instead.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Dont think it'd be THAT special for Russia, don't they have their own special fighters like the SU-47 and what not?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
the fighter in "?"

is actual the direct copy of the MiG Legkij Frontovoj Istribityel' I-2000 or LFI(Light Frontal Intercepter) concept

IRAN's involvement in the program is as an acting foreign investor and partner

not much is really known about the current program at this stage other then that its still in its early developmental phases

the I-2000 is said to be on par to the F-35(JSF) in capability and performance

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is a short video of the plane.

www.irandefence.net...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
it's pretty special if you are Iranian or Russian - it's the future. Yes it will be competing against other types, but it will probably be marketed by Russia (it is a Mig design afterall, in a similar way lockheed market the Korean T-50 Golden Eagle) - a major competitor is the FC-1 which is probably less capable.

I don't see any Russian interests in this Shafagh. Could you get some recent(2005/2006) sources which show enduring Russian commitment in this program?It is a Russian design but the Russians left off long ago. They (MiG) are now concentrating on the MiG-35 and the I-2000 w/o involving Iran.

top topics

join