It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is making us NOT fight back?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Words and music by John Kay, Jerry Edmonton, Nick St. Nicholas and Larry Byrom

(Monster)
Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

The blue and grey they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

(Suicide)
The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watching

(America)
America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ill give you a well guided answer.

lets start back at its roots, the nixon administration. as we are all well aware of the things nixons administration did. Many similarities between now and then, but some extreme differences. what im going to list for you are these differences

the major one? media. the media has had the biggest effect on multiple levels. News media has played a huge role as has actual entertainment media. Another major one is business. business has changed a great deal since the 80's.

Lets start with News media though. Eventually with all of these you will come down to its roots for change, big business. News media has been effected a great deal, especially main stream news media. What has happened is a great extention to propaganda wars through the news. You will see it more now then ever. Why? because big business owns most if not all major news stations. Since they also practically own government we can see now that Big Business is actually the dictators of the country. They control our news, our government, and our supply of resources. News now is more likely to put out highly bias material then ever before because the amount of money invested into it.

Entertainment though is as i would put it "the quiet storm". We notice little of its effects, but it in facts is one of the underlying factors as to why this change in publics mind set has occured. The constant hammering in of certain messages is to say the least one of their many tactics. Again Big Business owned and dominated, since 1997, we have seen a dramatic change in rap culture. with the death of Tupac Shakur and Notorious BIG a quick paced change has occured in this part of the society. It holds a wide variety of people in this grow and is very relevent. This change in attitude has effected many people, and especially those growing up. "Victims" to new afe hip hop are in fact suffering. I am all for rap music, in fact i rap myself BUT this new form of rap is in fact destroying a wide variety of the youth. It being of great influence, it like other music forms now, promote a state of mind to not care about anything. To have a total disrespect for everything and care about nothing. This attitude limits their ability to want to search for answers. In short its become a goal to promote ignorance and laziness.

Another big factor is the information wars that have been occuring. Homeland Insecurity is probably a main reason why information and truth is having such a hard time revealing itself. Peoples attitudes have changed a great deal because of media, along with Homeland Insecurity and other agencies, have made it impossible for those who care to combat these atrocities on freedom with any effectiveness.

for anyone who is still trying to fight i suggest promoting of people finding their roots. if they are into rap, introduce every person you can to the early age of music. whatever it be, show people the time before. This age was called the Information age, but it can nolonger be known as that. It is now the Disinformation age. where it has become a war to combat propaganda and lies with real information in an attempt to save our freedom.

This is what we have become, and should it continue my question is do we deserve such freedoms? if we do not fight against the dictators of today, do we deserve to have such a nation? keep in mind that in the past couple of years it has turned into a suttle dictatorship. We dont see it yet simply because The more privilages we are aloud, the more we believe we are free. Compared to other nations we have many privilages, BUT this in no way means we are free. We are owned by big business, they are merely a looser dictatorship then others. They are in control though, not us...or at least thats what we are saying by doing nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

US, Canada, Brittain, Austrailia and other countries - rights and freedoms are being taken away at a steady pace.

What freedoms of yours have been taken away?

Eaves dropping

In the U.S. you have a court order to "eaves drop" or "wire tap" a citizen. The court order can be obtained after the fact if the person in question is calling a known terrorist. I don't really see the problem with this. You don't have the right to plan terror attacks.

Freedom of speech

In what way has the freedom of speech been hurt? We still have full freedom of speech in The United States.

Pariot Act

All the Patriot Act did was extend law enforcement powers to people going after terrorists; that drug enforcement already had. The Patriot Act is a good act.

National Biometric ID

There is no "national biometric ID".

Detainment changes

What?

No warrant search and seisure

When? Where?

Road blocks

Are you talking about the ones to stop drunk driving?

Immigration

What do you mean? Too much or too little? Illegal?

Free trade

How does free trade take away your rights?

Federal Reserve

Yes, we have that...so?

Bush signing laws without houses ok

Example please. This has not happened.

Protesters jailed

Protesters who break the law should be jailed; its the law.

Media hushed

The media attacks President Bush every single day, try picking up a newspaper.

No more privacy

We still have privacy.

There is no fight in people anymore. Plenty of complaining, but no action. Bush would have been impeached years ago if this were in the early 20th century. Folks would have been fuming angry.

No. President Bush could be impeached today if a majority of the people wanted that to happen. But thats NOT the case.

Also, President Bush is doing a good job.

We're all guilty of doing nothing or not enough - even myself. Writing our congressmen does nothing.

Well, you could just move to a country you like better.

We still call ourselves 'free'

Are you insane? Do you realize that Americans have more freedoms than any other nation on Earth. We are FREE.

What is all this trouble you speak of? Are you in jail?

-- Boat

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Boatphone]

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
First time i'd seen this thread tonight, at the same time i was looking at t-shirts on this site, this one seems fitting!

www.cafepress.com...

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
smallpeeps:

if i remember correctly, the bombs weren't comprised of only am-fo. donts forget that they/he also used bottles of acetelyn and oxygen as 'kickers' to the explosive drums. this would increase the destructive potentional of am-fo/diesel mix exponentionally, just ask any welder who works with 'em on a daily basis about their volatility.

Hey DB, thanks for commenting. I hadn't known about the welding tanks, but I've not heard of such types of bombs displacing reinforced columns like at the Murrah building. Some of those columns went straight down into the ground, as with demo charges. That's not done by a single gas-bomb like the cover story. But then, since the OKC murder scene was wiped clean (demolished) five days after the murder, there really couldn't be any objective analysis of the crime scene. Ah yes, just like WTC eh?

Anyway, if you want to talk about that, there's probably a thread for it somewhere. I was just poking fun at deltaboy and I'm sure he knows this. I have told him how much I do respect and enjoy reading his posts. [BTW, deltaboy, you are absolutely right about civil rights. Malcom X was a tool, and when he figured it out, they axed him. Rabble-rousing wasn't ever going to get civil rights for blacks. Only peaceful and dignified protest will work, as it HAS worked for crowds of blacks (and whites) who demanded civil rights together. Also worked for India.]

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
if you think taking up arms to overthrow the government is appropriate, then you fit into that catagory of people called 'traitors'. i'm not saying that you , or anybody else, fits that title, but it is just at the edge of quite a few threads, skirting the very perpiphery (sp) - btw, i hate it when i am trying to make an intellegent post, and i have misspelling and typo's, don't you - of thought.

You made your point perfectly, and no, I am not a terrorist or a traitor. Violence solves nothing. I do believe (and was alluding to the idea, in the case of McVeigh) that any kind of super-patriot or whatever who thinks he can send bombs or do harm against humans, will be USED by his handlers and will end up looking like an idiot in the end. Mcveigh became a killer of little kids because he was stupid. I don't think he knew the daycare was up there, but I am sure the controllers of John Doe #2 at the WTC murder zone knew it was there. My point is that mcveigh thought he'd be some kind of hero, but didn't realize he was a tool. Same with Ted K/unabomber He thinks he's going to get his point across by sending bombs? What is accomplished if you murder someone? Nothing good, and nothing noble. Oh but there's so many patsies, where does one start?

am i mistaken, or is one of the purposes of this site to educate people about this sort of thing? or is it to advocate that those disenfranchised with the system act out. if it is the latter, and not the former then there are plenty of 'survivalist' sites that may be a more appropriate forum for this conversation.

You are right to point out (though it's a misunderstanding) that there are sites out there where people discuss terrorism with an idea toward planning it. ATS is not one of these. Well said.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have always wondered about this very question myself.
And i was even gonna post my thoughts here. But...Dock6,ya stole my thoughts.
So nothing left to do but applaud ya and tip my cap to ya.
Well said.Bravo!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
to the poster who was bashing malcolm x, go do some studying of him AFTER he went to mecca and left the Nation Of Islam. once he left that he really became a threat. his whole views changed, only reason why i idolize him so much, he practically dropped and denounced all his racist comments he made after he returned from Mecca. do some research please

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
o and by the way

dock6 earned another way above vote from me. excellent man.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks much. Heartening post, especially "the courage to continue" part.
You need to run for office Dock6
OK... so what now? What is the trigger? What is the mechanism for repair?

Maybe we need to try talking about how to fight back. I'm at a loss as to what any one person could do? There's a great many culprits and no one trustworthy agency to clean it up or am I missing something?

Perhaps a chink-in-the-armor will be found - someone like this alleged HS perv - maybe someone who does know will screw up and get caught by folks that won't disappear the culprit... an overseas diplomat?

Or maybe another country with "detailed files" and a rendition history will fall and data will come to light...

Or maybe one of the other countries who lost folks that day will conduct an investigation that might start the domino effect.

Folks like Dock6 give me faith.

Wouldn't it be unusual if someone - anyone came forward and told all and for all the best reasons.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you want a change try voting. I did and it worked for me.

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
If you want to do something, go do what Timothy McVeigh did. Nobody is holding you back. After all he did say something about retaliation for what the U.S. govt. did.

He was set up by his handlers to divert focus away from the group as they stole more freedom from us.

Dock6......Simply outstanding.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I fight back by staying alive. I continue to live, in spite of all attempts to do me in. I know I'll eventually lose, but until then, I'll keep at it.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Back to topic. We here in the U.S. are really more like lab rats for the NWO than typical citizens of other countries. There is an incredibly interesting read here-www.biblebelievers.org.au... which is a little lenghty but will help to explain how we as a society have been craftfully manipulated through many decades. Television has and is a devastating tool for control.
Drugs, Rock and Roll and the liberal mentality that ensued was engineered. Feminism was engineered through the likes of Freidan and Steinam.The destruction of the family unit is ultimately the target. The only thing you can honestly call "grassroots" are grass roots.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

US, Canada, Brittain, Austrailia and other countries - rights and freedoms are being taken away at a steady pace.

What freedoms of yours have been taken away?

If you don't see anything wrong with any of the mentioned points, then this thread is not for you. To explain them all would be far too lengthy a post - especially if you also need proof.

I would advise at least looking into some of them.

For example, DUI checks usually nail almost no drunks, but plenty of other citations. That must be OK with you, right?

If you don't know what is wrong with the federal reserve, then it is time to some research.

Many protestors are jailed for doing nothing wrong. Not to mention, they are being pushed away where those ears we try to reach cannot hear.

Also, you said: "Do you realize that Americans have more freedoms than any other nation on Earth." Are YOU insane? There are countries more free than us - look at Holland for one.

Seriously, not be mean, but this is exactly what we call the 'sheeple'. If you see nothing wrong, then I am truly sorry.

You will disagree with me, I am sure, but try researching in such a way as not to try and make what you want to come true be - look at both sides.

Remember mostly what our fore-fathers said about NOT giving up freedoms for security.

As far as you saying I should move to a better country - I have seriously considered a couple of times, but I figure this is MY country and I will try to fight for it back.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dont worry boatphone would have said there was nothing wrong with COINTELPRO back in the 60s when they were trying to destroy the civil rights movement, violent and non violent, in a variety of ways like making non violent groups and people look violent etc.

some people are just like that, they are little minions for the government, they will go along with it, and the government gives them a pat on the back and calls them patriots.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
If you want a change try voting. I did and it worked for me.

The thing is, here in the UK a change of party may not actually bring any noticeable difference in the way the country is governed.

The order of the day for British political parties seems to be 'hold the centre ground no matter what' so as a result none of the three paries, at the moment, offer anything different to the voters. The 'Labour' party are now adopting policies within education particularly which the Conservatives have been advocating for some time. It is no wonder that some people are turned off from political discourse when they don't even know what their elected representatives truly stand for.

Perhaps this could be one reason for the rather apathetic attitude adopted by a lot of the populace.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Also, you said: "Do you realize that Americans have more freedoms than any other nation on Earth." Are YOU insane? There are countries more free than us - look at Holland for one.

In The Netherlands and most all European nations the class mobility is far less than in the United States of America. Meaning that more people in Europe stay in the social class they are born into, while in the United States there are more chances for a lower social class person to advance in society.

That is an example of an important factor in our Freedoms, that people who complain about America take for granted. America is the place to be for freedoms people!!

Unless you are just taking about drug laws? But we do have CA and Alaska....

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

For example, DUI checks usually nail almost no drunks, but plenty of other citations. That must be OK with you, right?

I can't find that anywhere. Can you please link to that stat? I really, don't think thats true BTW.

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What is making us not fight back? The fluoride in the tap water. Hahaha. JK, if this was true, all the poor kids in public schools who can't afford evian water would be model students. In contrast, they are the most unruly.

edited for spelling

[edit on 5-4-2006 by MilitantAngel]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well personally I'm all for a rally of all the common people of these nations to march against these evil governments; either live free or die trying. Let's grab our pitchforks and our torches!
Down with the government

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join