It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1977 Tenerife Accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm interested in doing a thread about the 1977 Canary Islands accident between a KLM and Pan Am 747, but I'm not really sure where it would fit. There was a big issue with the Dutch government and the accident report that I'm interested in. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I remember that accident from my youth.

What aspect in particular were you interested in?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
aviation-safety.net...

there's some detailed information

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm sure this was the crash that claimed the life of our schools 'nit nurse'. Can't really add much other than that, I remember she was a nice woman though and we had a memorial for her. Useless info I know but thought I'd share

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'd think that it would fit quite nicely in the Aircraft Projects section of ATS.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Zaphod58, could you post a link and title of your thread here when you post it, I don't want to miss this one.

Having heard all the recordings from this crash, and reading the reports, I'll be very interested on your take on this.

And I agree, post it in Aircraft Projects.
I don't think anyone will chase you away.......

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think this was the subject of an episode of Seconds From Disaster on the National Geographic Channel:

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there was a list of the victims of the Canary Islands crash and where can I locate or view it?

Thank you for any leads.

1Cali-Girl-Ranch
Palm Springs, CA

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'd put it in General Conspiracies and see where it goes from there.

I'm interested in seeing it Zaphod

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I think you will find that the obfuscation from the Dutch Government in this case existed to cover up that it was the KLM pilot's imaptience that contributed, with other factors including a radio warning being missed because two messages were boradcast at the same instant (can somebody help me out with the technical term opn that?), to the disaster.

No doubt the Dutch didn't want to readily admit that the collision was their man's fault.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Seeing that this thread is almost 3 years old, I think it's time to close it. I'm sure Zaphod58 already posted the thread by now.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join