It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi PM: US/UK Will Not Force Me Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I will not be forced out by US and UK, says Iraqi PM -Guardian UK

Iraq's embattled prime minister has defiantly refused to give up his claim to head the country's next government in spite of strong American and British pleas for an end to a deadlock which has paralysed the country for almost four months.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian in Baghdad - his first since Condoleezza Rice and Jack Straw pleaded with him and his rivals for an immediate agreement to prevent a slide to civil war - Ibrahim Jaafari insisted he would continue to carry out his duties.

"I heard their points of view even though I disagree with them," he said, referring to Ms Rice and Mr Straw's hectic arm-twisting visit to the Iraqi capital which ended on Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wonder what forcing out Iraq's prime minister has to do with implementing democracy in Iraq?

Maybe they should release Saddam, if they plan on totalitarian regime tactics to govern Iraq. After all the US put Saddam in power before and they can take him away again if it doesn't work out (sarcasm).

What a hypocritical web we weave...

Our nutbag leaders are destroying what little credibility we have left.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm as right-wing as it gets, yet I feel as if Iraq should have been left as it was. Considering Saddam was in power for 35 years, is it any wonder why they ( Iraqis ) see him in a different light? We did'nt remove an evil leader by their means, we removed an abusive man with a belt. What is freedom for an Iraq who is 35 years old? Even societies we consider evil have a certain structure that they are built around. We may see it as odd, yet to them we are odd. When they see a man who was a terror to them for 35 years, a man who twirled his society to fit his mold, those who dispised him feel as if their ex-leader should not be tried on his own soil. It's a shock that eventually leads to a void. What forms in void is a mystery within this Iraqi world and the wind blows in every direction on a day to day neverending begining of nothing.

By the way, I like the choice of music on your site. It's been a while since I heard Peter Murphy, etc. What, no Dragnet Drag?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cellerdweller
We did'nt remove an evil leader by their means, we removed an abusive man with a belt.

Considering they haven't bumped off Castro, I have a hard time believing it's all just about Saddam and principles either.

This adminstration seems to have a hard time with calculating intangibles and weighing the costs of risk, that is if we consider they actually care about the nation. I'd say they are just in it for themselves and to hell with the rest of us. Paleoconservatives seem to be a dying breed and these new politcos like excessive meddling in foreign affairs, pushing their weight around and stealing what they can.

Thanks for the compliment, press the lightning button on the mp3 control panel

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
All political parties are a meaningless waste of time to me. I've left TV tubeland and it's left me too. I suppose we broke up long ago. I used to write to our supposed leaders but nobody is listening anymore. I look at the big picture and it's very small. You see it as well as I do. The supposed news is dependant upon how you want your world presented. Here in America all we seem to do these day's is knock ourselves down for being who we are. The whole planet is coming here and we have armies far away fighting the planet. Osama is in a cave and we are in a sewer. I've been to every state in America and make the rounds yet again this year. They all start with Wal-Mart and end with Wal-Mart. It's kind of freaky driving from Dallas to Utah only to see the same set-up of stores etc,. Haliburton is the furthest from my mind, you know? I'm starting to wonder about the effects of Motown upon society. For crying out loud if it's not in a butter commercial or movie, it's being sung on American Idol. The memories that once came with old songs have long ago faded and have been replaced with butter or whatever product. Soul music with no more soul. We've got enemies out there ( Iran ) but so what? Russia was our enemy for decades and we fought that WW3 thing that was supposed to take place in Europe. I think we are all waiting for a real leader besides the Bush and Clinton saga. One day perhaps.

top topics

join