In The Sex- Neutral, Color-Blind society Democrats want so bad, Cynthia McKinney would Be In Jail!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can agree that Ms. McKinney did a stupid thing. She did not wear her pin. Whether she hit a cop or not? That's for the grand jury to decide.

But, is Ms. McKinney crazy? Or is it part of a smear campaign to penalize her for speaking out on sensitive issues the Bush Administration doesn't want to talk about? You be the judge.

BBC Reporter Greg Palast says some interesting things in his blog about Ms. McKinney in 2003:

The Screwing of Cynthia McKinney

Have you heard about Cynthia McKinney, former U.S. Congresswoman?

According to those quoted on National Public Radio, McKinney’s “a loose cannon” (media expert) who “the people of Atlanta are embarrassed and disgusted” (politician) by, and she is also “loony” and “dangerous” (senator from her own party). Yow! And why is McKinney dangerous/loony/disgusting? According to NPR, “McKinney implied that the [Bush] Administration knew in advance about September 11 and deliberately held back the information.”

The New York Times’ Lynette Clemetson revealed her comments went even further over the edge: “Ms. McKinney suggest[ed] that President Bush might have known about the September 11 attacks but did nothing so his supporters could make money in a war.”That’s loony, all right. As an editor of the highly respected Atlanta Journal Constitution told NPR, McKinney’s “practically accused the President of murder!”

Problem is, McKinney never said it.

It would also be helpful to read Mr. Palast's followup report: Re-Lynching Cynthia McKinney.

Furthermore, on Yiaweta's suggestion that her harassment might be because of her public questioning of Mr. Rumsfeld, I have the exact transcript of what was said. Is she certifiable or doing her job?

This is what bothers me about the entire Cynthia McKinney situation. She is being crucified over a single confrontation resulting from the undignified actions of herself and the cop. That implementation is far different from the list of crimes Mr. DeLay was accused of. But throw stones at Ms. McKinney for trying to fight for the dignity of the oppressed.

But here, the entire debate about Ms. McKinney's behavior takes a turn into deeper waters. Sadly, race and gender is brought into the issue because she is black and a woman. It would be easy for people to accuse her of simply pulling the race card on her own. But after I read the comments of Radio Talk Show host Neal Boortz, how much can a sister take?

mediamatters.org
On the April 3 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, Neal Boortz issued an apology for his remarks about Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), stating, "I've known Cynthia McKinney for a long time, and there is no way in the world that that word should be used to describe her or her hairdo or any woman." As Media Matters for America noted, Boortz said that McKinney, "looks like a ghetto slut" during the March 31 broadcast of his radio program, and later added that he didn't "blame them [Capitol police] for stopping" McKinney during a March 29 incident at the Capitol because she had a "ghetto trash" haircut and "looked like a welfare drag queen [that] was trying to sneak into the Longworth House Office Building."

This is not an excuse for what Ms. McKinney or the Capitol police did. However, I simply think it is wrong to assert that she is being racist or pulling the "race card" when there are many other ideologues or politicians doing the same. I gather, from some of the comments, that it is rather hard to take when a publicly known person of color says something that challenges the establishment. Lest, I bring in the point of Dr. Condoleeza Rice, the Secretary of State. After all, she can be used to present a dichotomy in the arguement. Comparing Ms. McKinney to Dr. Rice, I also gather when an important person of color supports an acceptible cause anything he or she says is "distinguished" and "important". The problem is that Ms. McKinney is liberal. Dr. Rice is not. Ms. McKinney is crazy. Dr. Rice is sane and "objective". Ms. McKinney is "uppity". Dr. Rice is not.

Boy. I guess there is a hierarchy going on between "good" African-Americans and "bad" African-Americans. And so it goes.

Like I said in the other thread about Ms. McKinney, I am going to keep an open mind about this situation until the findings of the grand jury are back.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This thread is so devoid of fact, I'm blown away by it.

First, let me say Ms. McKenney's politics and mine couldn't be further apart from one another. But that does not prevent me from applying some level of judgment to the circumstances (as they are presently known) and coming to a conclusion that may in fact be consistent with her view- even if our rationales differ.

Let's get some facts on the table:

1) The incident occurred at the New Jersey Avenue and C Street entrance to the Longworth Building.

2) Members of the House do not typically display their congressional ID cards around the Capitol complex, as staff do, but many wear the official lapel pin for the 109th Congress.

3) With or without the pin, many Congress members pass through security with merely a nod or hello to security officers. They are not required to pass through metal detectors.

4) A witness recounted that the officer pursued McKinney after she failed to pass through the metal detector. As the officer took McKinney by the arm, she swung around and punched him in the chest while still holding on to her cell phone.

5)

• In 1993, after she complained about being stopped by security guards, Capitol Police posted a photo of her on an office wall so that officers could remember who she was.

• In 1995, McKinney reportedly contacted the sergeant at arms after a white Capitol Police officer asked her to consent to a security check.

• In 1996 and 1998, she complained that White House security officials failed to recognize her and did not give her the same treatment as other members of Congress, at one time mistaking her 23-year-old white aide for the congresswoman.

...in a recent documentary about McKinney, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus. Filmmaker Ian Inaba followed her around Capitol Hill for “American Blackout,” about African-American voting rights and McKinney’s 2002 reelection bid.

In one scene, McKinney is walking into the House side of the Capitol with Inaba when a white Capitol Police officer stops her. McKinney informs him that she is a congresswoman, prompting an immediate apology.

She then told the filmmaker that she is often challenged when entering the Capitol.

Originally posted by Toelint
Just saying what I think here...why isn't Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in Jail right now? The Left screams when a white male Republican Congressman takes a bribe. So why not scream when a black female Democratic Congresswoman decks a security guard at his station?

I'm floored you would equate the two "crimes", so to speak. What does Republican or Democrat have to do with it? If a Congressmen takes a bribe, he has violated the very fiduciary duty he has to the American public! A vote for sale, in my book, is an abuse far greater than any of the worst descriptions of the McKinney affair. It's thinking like that, in my view, that has us in the mess we are in today.
Queen of Hearts, anybody? "Off with their heads. -Alice in Wonderland"

:shk:

By the way, this isn't the first time McKinney has had run-ins with security. In fact, she's had FIVE different altercations with the security staff, all for the same reasons.
She then has the audacity to wave the Sex, AND the Race Cards!!

Looking at bullet point number five above, and then reading your version, they hardly compare. Is Congresswoman McKinney that uniquely unlucky? I particularly find interesting the incidents where her white aide was mistaken as a member of Congress...and the 1995 incident (pre-911) where she was asked consent for a search.

Remember, there is no requirement, even today, post-911, for members of congress to have either ID or the congressional lapel pin to gain access...and they are NOT required to be screened.

It would be one thing if those things were required and she did what she is reported to have done...but they are not. Why do the vast majority of members enjoy the benefit of just walking by, while she continually has these problems? Is it race? I don't know, but I can see why she does.

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Unjust treatment? what is unjust about arresting a woman who obviously has no self-restraint?

stop making excuses and over compensating for past prejudices by over looking stupid behavior.....

Really? Like I said in one of my previous post, "stupid behavior" is not having procedures that can be consistently applied to all members of congress.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It really doesn't matter if the guard recognized her or not. The rules are in place for a very good reason. They MUST have their identity pin on, or they have to go through the metal detectors like everyone else.

Show me the rule that says they have to have their congressional pin on.

It would be very easy for a bad guy to find a look-a-like and have them slide through security. The identification pins serve a serious purpose.

You mean, like this one?

Yeah, like those would be hard to replicate.
Oh, and btw, what difference would it make if the "bad-guy" were a look alike? Under the facts of this situation, if some black, female terrorist had been wearing the pin, she would have sailed through...

Other politicians have forgotten their pins and have had to go through the metal detectors. It's not a big deal to do so. Cynthia McKinney's ego wouldn't fit through the detector, that's all. She thinks she's too good for it. But the truth is that everyone else who has forgotten their ID pins has had to go through the metal detectors. They have managed to do so
without becoming irate and physically dangerous with the Capitol guards that are doing their jobs to protect everyone.

Cynthia McKinney is an egotistical idiot. She deserves to be brought up on charges; at least for trying to intimidate a guard who was doing his job very well AND she needs to be taught that she isn't too good to go through a metal detector when she fails to do HER job - wearing proper security identification.

I'm only quoting the rest of your post, because it is such a great example of the kind of bull crap rhetoric and falsehoods swirling around this entire incident. Get a grip.

Originally posted by dgtempe
You know, i dont care what color she is, i dont care what party she belongs to. If EVERYONE has to show ID, she should have too.

But see, they don't.

This is nothing more than arrogance on her part. It was Fox News who commented on her saying this was happening to her because of her race.

Deal with it Cynthia or get out. You are no better than the rest. And bringing out the race card just goes to show her mentality.

Originally posted by esdad71
Whether she is black, white or green, she KNOWS what she is supposed to do and how to have things like this not happen. She is a congresswoman, a representitive of her state, and should act as such. I also heard her state on the TV the night after that she had recently changed the hairstyle she had had for a long time, I guess in all braids. I mean, this to me seems like an officer doing his job, stopping someone who is trying to bypass security. I don't think she should do any jailtime but something should be done to prove a point.

:shk:

Well, here's what I DO know. This links to the AOL story:

articles.news.aol.com...

Also, here's the first paragraph from the article. Read it and weep.

WASHINGTON (April 5) - U. S. Capitol Police Chief Terrance Gainer said Wednesday that Rep. Cynthia McKinney turned an officer's failure to recognize her into a criminal matter when she failed to stop at his request, and then struck him.

This was no accident! How do you misconstrue a fist in the head??

Ummmmm, where did you get "fist in the head"? That isn't in your quote, nor is it found in your article.

More nonsense...

Originally posted by dbates
Let's see there are currently 435 members in the House of Representatives. Are these security guards supposed to remember every single one of them? That's a little much to ask from anybody. Of course there would be a constant flow of staff and lobbyist streaming in and out of the building each day as well. There's no way that the officers would remember everyone by sight.

Oh, that's right, I forgot remembering more than 435 items is a human impossibility...
I guess that explains why when you have a policy that allows members of Congress to bypass normal security, the Capitol police aren't required to actually recognize any of those members.
Just look for the little gold pins...sometimes....maybe...

BTW, do you really think it all that difficult to recognize 435 faces as part of your professional responsibility? What about just the ONE face (Rep. McKinney) that has the consistent misfortune not to be recognized and HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT IT???

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You know, i dont care what color she is, i dont care what party she belongs to.
If EVERYONE has to show ID, she should have too.

Agreed! I don't care what color she is or whether she's got a dangler between her legs or not. She should follow the rules like everyone else. I HATE it when people USE being a woman or being black (or being anything) as a reason not to obey the same rules as everyone else.

...but as I've already shown, that is not the rule.

I saw her on CNN and she WOULD NOT say what happened. She kept changing the subject and answering questions that weren't asked. She was obviously avoiding answering the question: Did you do it?

BH, she has possible criminal charges pending... Do you think it unusual she will not discuss much of the details?

This is what she has to say about it:

"Let me be clear. This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black congresswoman," McKinney said, surrounded by supporters at predominantly black Howard University.

McKinney, a Democrat, declined to discuss the incident further since she still may be charged for apparently striking the officer after she entered a House office building this week unrecognized and did not stop when asked.

Source.

BTW, that very same article says:

Two law enforcement officials said it was unlikely a warrant would be issued this week. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

Why do you think that is? If the case was sound, do you really think the "race card" would be enough to stop them from doing so immediately? The Capitol police clearly have the political support:

Cynthia McKinney, Enough Already!

House to Vote on Praising McKinney Police

Democrats Distance Selves from McKinney

They didn't seem so hesitant with Cindy Sheehan and the other Senator's wife during the State of the Union address... Remember that??? And those women were only wearing political t-shirts.

In fact, as this article shows, it was only AFTER this political support was clear, that they are moving forward:

Grand Jury to Hear McKinney Run-In Case

A federal grand jury will soon begin hearing evidence about Rep. Cynthia McKinney's run-in with a Capitol Police officer, a lawyer familiar with the case said late Wednesday.

The lawyer, who declined to be identified because of grand jury secrecy, confirmed that federal prosecutors had agreed to get involved in the case in which a black lawmaker is accused of striking a white officer after he tried to stop her from entering a House office building without going through a security checkpoint.

Isn't that interesting?

My take on her is that she's a nutcase

Yes, she is, if your talking about about her politics... But what if the same facts had taken place with a demure, relatively unknown, black congresswoman? Would the same prosecution be taking place? Would EVERYONE be frothing at the mouth over this?

This entire fiasco is politics on all sides...and unfortunately, no one is focusing on the real problem of how the security rules are so ridiculously stupid for members of congress. But, I guess we're going to give them a pass on that, huh?

What is equally ridiculous is that of all the corrupt activities taking place in our legislative and executive branches, this is the prosecution our government wants to pursue.
...and shockingly, so many of you are happy to have it.
Let's spend our resources and attention on this one.
Right on!

If you went to work everyday where the rules were applied differently for you than all your peers, wouldn't you be pissed off about it?

Just because McKinney may be grasping for straws, as to the reason why she has experienced disparate treatment, does NOT mean disparate treatment hasn't occurred. It obviously has....and for whatever reason, that keeps getting lost in the debate.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Good post Loam. Its gotta be all or none. You are absolutely right in regards to the comparison of Delay to Mckinney. He's a thief and shes a representative of the people and should be treated the same as the rest until proven otherwise. Thats like the pot calling the kettle black. (no pun intended)

I don't know who it was that said that about the Saudi King who offered 10mill to help out with the WTC and Bush refused , and she said "She'd give it to her blacks" if Bush didn't want it. Well whats wrong with that if they are poor people involved or for the school system? Would it have been better if she said she would take it so she could go and buy a house or a yacht? That would be the thing that should embarrass you.

Pie

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Ummmmm, where did you get "fist in the head"? That isn't in your quote, nor is it found in your article.

You're right, of course. There's a big difference between a fist in the head...and a fist clinching a cellphone launched into your chest. I stand corrected. As for comparing her to Delay, you're right again. You see, Tom Delay went to court! He is now awaiting trial in Texas! He has also resigned his seat in Congress! The real kicker is, the laws he supposedly broke were Texas State laws, not federal laws...and weren't on the books when he broke them!

Should we keep comparing Delay to Cynthia? Naah, even I'm tired of going there. But, I AM taking bets that this whole Cynthia "thing" never sees a courtroom.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Good post Loam.

Thanks. You too...

And, you also, ceci2006. In fact, reading the 911 stuff made me laugh... She would be right at home on ATS.

Maybe she ain't all that crazy.

I'm glad to see people looking past the rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Would anyone like to bet that this whole Cynthia "thing" never sees a court room?

Of course, it wont. Which begs the question... Isn't it a little self serving to fan the flames on this issue, while the Delay story is happening? Mighty convenient, don't you think? ..."Quick, look over there!"

Now, there is an example of "lucky" ...everything thereafter is planned...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
While no one really knows to what extent she "STRUCK" the officer...i think that this case simply shows what her true character is like. If you saw the discussion about her on the daily show you too would understand why the security didnt recognize her she had DRAMATICALLY changed her hair style. She went from looking like a PROFESSINAL Congresswoman to looking like a Black Crack Hoe. Her hair is all over the place she looks nothing like what anyone would expect a UNITED STATES CONGRESSWOMAN to look like. Not only that she wants to play race and gender fine play race and gender. Ill have fiftty Doctoral Psychologists all lined up to explain CROSS RACIAL IDENTIFICATION. its a documented scientifically proven Idea. People of different races and genders have trouble identifiying others of different races and genders. That being said WHY DONT YOU WEAR YOUR SECURITY PIN. I know its been said over and over again on this thread but SHE BROKE THE LAW. Regardless of wether or not its a Bush conspiracy(which wouldnt really surprise me) she failed to stop at a security check point. She had recently DRAMATICALLY changed her hair style....and looked nothing like what the security officers could REASONABLY have been expected to recognize. Seriously when I saw her face on TV for the first time i didnt believe that she was a Congresswoman.

This woman is a disgrace to the United States...just like EVERYSINGLE other congressperson. Therfore why do we care at all. Insider trading doesnt get us riled up. Pork Barreling doesnt get us riled up. People being ILLEGALLY DETAINED for unspecified amounts of time. National Security Letters..All of these things and the American People dont make a peep...but some unprofessional LOUD RACIST SEXIST woman allegedly "STRIKES"(whatever that means) a Captial Officer and everyone has a fit. Confusing

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally quoted by loam
And, you also, ceci2006. In fact, reading the 911 stuff made me laugh... She would be right at home on ATS.

You're quite welcome, loam. She sure would be right at home here. Your post was pretty spectacular, btw.

I just wanted to say that people should embrace the facts more instead of relying on value judgements.

I don't think she's crazy, imho. She's a strong, outspoken woman. She says what she feels. That's really the part that bothers the naysayers.

Ceci

P.S. And *sigh*, just when I look up...there's another post that attacks her on her characteristics again....

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006

P.S. And *sigh*, just when I look up...there's another post that attacks her on her characteristics again....

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ceci2006]

Not sure if your talking about me or not but all of my judgements were made AFTER watching her LIVE interview on CNN and looking at the Photo Comparison on TDS. So yeah... I made an unbiased(seeing as i am a left leaning Independant) observation. I knew nothing about her past run-ins with the Bush Administration..and while its nice that she has come out and challenged the Administration. What she is doing is just a micro-examaple of the Macro-problem. All government officials, or rather most since using words like all and never are counter-intuitive, feel/believe they are above the law. the problem is She broke the law and is unwilling to except the consequences.

Its quite evident even here on ATS that even the people are okay with G.O breaking the law. If an everyday average citizen did that they would instantly be arrested...Nuff said...if you disagree with that then you agree that G.O's are above the law...its that simple. Break the law...no matter how siml;e you pay the consequences...either that or we change our judicial system to reflect INTENT and not ACTION. But thats an entirely different topic.

El senor Pom pom rides again

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
well, if it was truly a fair and equal world, where all were treated the same, well, if anything she might be charge with simple assault. but, I do believe to do this, well, there would have to be some form of physical evidence on the security guard? at least this is what the police always told me when the neighborhood kids decided to use one another as punching bags. if there isn't any damage, nothing can be done. so, is there any bruises on the guard? if so, well, there's been cases where there's been horrid bruises up and down child abuse victims and well, the abuser might spend a night in jail and be out the next morning. go to trial and get community service, or counseling ordered, whatever....but not much in jail time. I wouldn't hold my breath for this lady spending much time in jail really. it won't happen! meanwhile things still running according to the status quo in washington, votes are up for auction to the highest bidder, and billions are wasted for services that were probably never intended on being fullfilled.

why all the fuss about this one little congresswomen? except to take our minds off of the legal troubles of some of the others, like DeLay..which are there to remind us of just how corrupt the whole system is? heaven forbid that the extent of corruption should actually sink into the average person's brain....that would be bad for all of them, dem or republican, since they all probably have their own little auction booth with their votes up for sale!

thus the chastisement of this one little lady from both sides of the aisle...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Cynthia McKinney is a psychotic with too many teeth. I don't know what type of mold formed within her racist brain, but it's there. She hates just as any Klansman and I am sick of people using their skin tone to slide into homeplate while others serve 90 years for less. We all know what would happen the other way around so let's chunk her over the wall with a catapult. And yes I am a white fella ( OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!) and I'm not fat, bald or short ( that TV stereotype gang ). Most of all I dig the chicks, except the ones with scary teeth and moldy brains.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
And people say racism is dead...

I saw her on CNN with Wolf Blitzer on Tues., and he, too, and brought up the issue of her change of hairstyle. My first thought was, Don't white women change their hair? (Of course) The second, Damn, do we all really all look alike to white people? (I don't think so, but how else can you explain this rather shabby defense?)

To me, what Wolf seemed to be implying was that they hadn't actually used her face for identification, they had used her hair. This can't be true. Could someone please explain this?

And, in reference to the oft-repeated excuse that one couldn't possibly remember all 435 members, BS.

Did you know everyone in your highschool?

Sixteen year old Congressional pages are required to recognize all 435 of them by face, and to know their names, so, until we establish that the Capitol Police are as inept and incompetant as our Chimp-in-Chief, they should be held, at the very least, to the same standards as the interns.

*shakes head in complete and total disgust*

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh don't even bother worrying about that idiot. She hates everybody's gutz and a fact is a fact. She spends all of her time more or less hanging around other people who hate the same people she hates and hardly a second on those who supposedly voted for her. Let her talk, she is the worst weapon shes got.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I can tell everyone of you what this whole thing is not about.....leadership.

This is about privelege...and the capitol police are about to be hijacked from what security ability they have into political privelege...later to be crucified when something goes wrong.

This is not supposed to be a feudal nation...with Privelege.

This issue is being hijacked and people should know enough to be looking at the leadership angle...not the privelege angle. Represenatives and Senators should be responsible for security too...since they will be among the first to scream foul and make politics of any lapse in security.

I can tell you one thing for certainty..this woman will not survive a job in the private sector unless it comes with privelege perks. This is not leadership. Keep your eye on the leadership ball not the "Confusion tactics"

This woman and others make a nice living in this "system" by investing in confusion..this is not leadership.

Loam....this is about security..not privelege...you keep returning to privelege in several of your posts. To do so is hijacking. I dont care what she looks like or how many hair doos she has or will have...anyone else either. The capitol police are responsible for security..not politics/privelege. Anything less is hijacking.

dgtempe..I agree with you ..this woman is arrogant..and has made a career out of this...this kind of thing in any politician needs to be front page so that the public can see the fingerprint or pattern of what kind of confusion and privelege they are supporting. This is not leadership.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They need to wind up with security badges...with pin numbers. This would eliminate many of the capitol police which would make many like Cynthia Mckinney very happy ..but then they would have to be responsible for thier badges.
The most secure areas require a pin number.
Many government buildings and security areas are like this.
Its difficult to make politics for milage this way. Politicians will fight this tooth and nail...no privelege here..all responsibility.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
The capitol police are responsible for security..not politics/privelege.

Then I think you missed the point... THERE IS NO SECURITY based on how things are currently done.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Speaking of Tom Delay, did anyone else see him last night on Hannity and Colmes? He hammered McKinney on the head verbally and flat out called her a racist. He's pretty ticked off at the way she treated the capitol police and I have to say I think he's honestly sincere.

"These are not tour guides, they are policemen"

He brought up the incident that happened back in 1998 were the gunman that killed 2 capitol police ended up in Tom Delay's office and how the police risked their lives to save his. It wasn't just a news story for Delay, he was in his office when it happened. After hearing what he had to say I think McKinney is done for. They don't call him "The Hammer" for nothing and I think she has managed to personally offend him.

Later, McKinney's lawyer managed to call Tom Delay a "Rich white boy" at least 3 times.
No, no one's racist on McKinney's side at all.

I should have posted this in politics, but I couldn't find a political humor section.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
She has been harrassed ever since by Capitol security.

SHE has forgotten her required identification five times.
SHE struck the security guard that was putting his life on the line to keep everyone there, including her, safe.
Others who forget their required ID walk through the metal
detectors without punching out the security guards.
So how exactly has SHE been harrassed?
SHE is the one screwing up.

She apparently didn't get the memo that she should
now act like the other complicit whores.

Following security rules doesn't make you a complicit whore.
It makes you a responsable grown up who can be trusted to
help run this country.

And YES, she absolutely did 'get the memo' that she was supposed
to be wearing her identification. Not only that, but it's common
sense that even my fifth grader knows ... she has to wear her
identification badge to get into her school and she knows how to
take care of it and to make sure she wears it every day. She knows
that there are consequences if she doesn't. AND my fifth grader
knows enough NOT to punch the principle if he doesn't allow her
to go into the school without the identification badge.

If a fifth grader can follow simple security rules in regards to an
identification badge, then certainly Cynthia McKinney should have
enough brains to be able to follow as well.

Like I said ... when others forget their required IDs, they manage
to 'lower themselves' to walk through a freak'n metal detector
like the rest of humanity. It's not a big deal to do so.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
it is such a great example of the kind of bull crap rhetoric and falsehoods swirling around this entire incident. Get a grip.

tsk tsk tsk. Loam... such personal attacks devoid of any substance.
Right back atchya'. YOU need to get a grip.
I'm absolutely allowed
to form my opinion (based on the evidence) that the woman is a loud
mouthed idiot who's pulling the race card to get herself out of trouble.
Even her fellow democrats and radical liberals aren't backing her up.

She failed to follow simple rules. She smacked a security guard.
Her own party, who would LOVE to jump all over the republicans,
aren't behind her at all.

I'm looking forward the facts coming out in the investigation.
I'm sure she'll be exposed for being the racist that I know her to be.
Until the jury decides, we can bicker over this all we want to. But
until that happens that's all we will be doing; bickering.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Great post, Loam.

I agree that we don't know all the facts - and we need to back up and see what really happened and determine if any 'rules' were broken and so on. So I reserve judgment of the legal aspect of the matter.

However, her statement here...

Originally posted by loam

"Let me be clear. This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black congresswoman," McKinney said, surrounded by supporters at predominantly black Howard University.

Source.

...sounds TO ME as though SHE thinks that being female, black or a congresswoman gives her some kind of immunity from being 'touched' by the law enforcement professionals specifically put there to protect her.

What does being female, black or a congresswoman have to do with this? She would have a lot more of MY respect if she left those adjectives (and noun) out entirely.

In my mind, this is her way of saying, "This didn't happen because I did something wrong. This happened because I'm being picked on for who I am."

And I say, "Welcome to the age of accountability, where we are responsible for what we do REGARDLESS of who we are. "

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join