It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal aliens at Nuclear Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Direct from the US Department of Homeland security, illegal aliens have breached the security of nuclear plants on numerous occasions. Fradulent papers and false statements in order to breach security check points.

www.ice.gov
Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
September 15, 2005
News Release
ICE AGENTS ARREST ILLEGAL ALIENS AT OMAHA NUCLEAR PLANT --Arrests are latest in series of illegal alien apprehensions at nuclear facilities in recent months --
BLAIR, Neb. — In the latest in a series of arrests involving illegal aliens at nuclear facilities, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents arrested three illegal aliens here Tuesday when they attempted to enter the outer secure area of the Omaha Public Power District’s Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station to perform contract work at the plant for the first time.
The three men, all citizens of Mexico, had been hired by an independent contractor to perform maintenance work at the nuclear facility. As they attempted to enter a secure area of the plant, the men presented identification documents that raised the suspicions of Omaha Public Power District employees. They contacted ICE special agents for assistance, who responded and arrested the men after determining that they were illegally present in the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is not just strawberry picking this is a breach of security into Nuclear Power Plants. This is a grave danger and unwarrented risk to national security. This may be the time for gate keeper of america to wake up

Related News Links:
www.ice.gov
moonagewebdream.blogs.com
www.commonvoice.com

[edit on 4-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 4-4-2006 by aliencowboy]

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
if i had read this post 3 months ago i wouldnt of gave it much thought, but with all thats going on today.

ive got to say it gives me a uneasy filling, to say the least

i hope i dont fill worse 3 months from now.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh, wait, it gets even better:

Nuclear-plant security: Is it enough?

If the terror attacks of 9/11 taught one lesson, it was that America must make itself less vulnerable to attack by air - perhaps nowhere more urgently than at the nation's 103 nuclear power plants, given their potential for inflicting massive casualties and destruction if hit by a plane loaded with fuel.

Yet 4-1/2 years later, those plants are little safer from air attack, say critics. And squabbling has set in over what the security standards should be.

Some antiterror experts are concerned the current criteria do not require nuclear plants to be protected against a threat equal to the one posed by the 9/11 hijackers, particularly if they attack again by air. A report to be released Tuesday by the Government Accountability Office is also critical of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), finding that it has not increased standards enough to ensure plants are genuinely secure, but only as much as industry officials believed was necessary.

More...

And:

Nuclear Agency Faulted After Easing Reactor Rules

After consulting with the industry, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission weakened security regulations it had proposed for reactors, government auditors said in a report to be released on Tuesday.

The auditors said the process "created the appearance that the changes were made based on what the industry considered reasonable and feasible to defend against rather than an assessment of the terrorist threat itself."

The report, by the Government Accountability Office, stopped short of saying that the commission had made changes "based solely on industry views."

More...

Both articles appear from today's news...

What a freakin' joke...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
How is this "news" when it is from September 2005?

ATSNN is for news.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
is it just me or are we slipping back into a pre 9-11 mindframe?

wake up america, the hatas want to play us.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Umbrax: Good catch! I totally missed that... Of course, my two are from today...

...but you have to wonder why this story is not widely known...

Here's somebody complaining about the same thing:

American Chronicle

...You'll rarely, if ever, read a story in the New York Times about criminal aliens who routinely kill, assault, rape and rob American citizens. And when hundreds of illegal aliens were discovered working at military installations and nuclear power plants, where were the reporters from the wire services?

Good question.... I never saw it...

I'm gonna thank the poster, nonetheless, for making this more visible...After all, September was not that long ago...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wake up what? You dug that out of the old news bin.

Is this a propaganda site for draconian border control now?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Regenmacher:

Huh? You don't have a problem with illegal aliens at our nuclear power plants?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Loam, my post was addressed to the initial poster, I woke up already.

I would be more concerned if it was timely info, and I hadn't read it months ago. I see this was immigration bill manipulation to promote a straussian styled government. Timing is everything.

My state holds the nation's largest nuke plant and I know they already stepped up security over 2 years ago. So currently I am not too concerned as I once was. The AZ National Guard and sheriff's dept do a great job. Maybe if they start bombing Iran, I would be more concerned about retaliation attacks.

Recent news:
Kansas to let nuclear plant guards "shoot to kill"
Feds: Security Fine At Shearon Harris

Nuclear-plant security: Is it enough? -CSMonitor
The industry says such thinking is alarmist. "There's nobody who's stronger than we are," Floyd says. "If they're being critical that the nuclear industry cannot totally withstand a terrorist attack, I shudder to think of what that means for the rest of the critical infrastructure that hasn't done a tenth of what we have done."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Real time reality card trumps boogeyman propoganda card...news at 5

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliencowboy
Direct from the US Department of Homeland security, illegal aliens have breached the security of nuclear plants on numerous occasions. Fradulent papers and false statements in order to breach security check points.

This is an old story and there are already far too many threads on this issue. Please contribute to one of the existing threads.

Closed

new topics

top topics

join