It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons - Leave Me Alone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Alright.

Im about sick and tired of these mormons coming up to me. They see me with my backwards cap and my cigarette and ASSUME that im some f***in thug wannabe that doesn't know who christ is.

I studied the bible for so long it'd make your head spin.

I know God, and im trying to get my life back together, but I don't need some brainwashed mormon fool to shove their religion and or denomination down my throat.

[end of rant]

-J

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah seriously, last year I was visiting the States and one day when I was walking peacefully around in LA I was attacked TWICE by first mormons and then some scientologists who tried to make me hold their stupid orbs and see the light at the same time. Jesus wasn't from Mars, Israel might seem far away but there is believe it or not a cignificant ratial difference. At least 500.000 to 1.
Learning is doing, and they should learn to leave people alone.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
hey, want to know a good way to get the LDS ( mormons) off your back ?

ive lived in the mormon capital (UTAH ) all my life and as long as i can remember whay have tryed to save me, butt thay have a weekness.

thay live thier lives in a bubbel , thinking that thier way is the only right way
and you must remember thay are on a mission...

there are a few ways to get them off your back . tell them your the
son of satan or somthing like that most mms wont want to have much more to do with ya,

but, some are very dedicated and persistant ,then you might have to indure a little testimony but if you listen close to what they say soner or later they will contradict them self and you got them.

butt why not have a little fun ?
tell them you have been to the temple then say paylay, paylay, paylay..

im not sure what this word means , butt ive heard thay say it when thay go into the temple, some kinda secret pass word or somthing..

they dont like to hear non LDS say it.............

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hey all,
Random person here who is interested in what ya'll have posted and hopefully can add something. First of all, I was raised Mormon until I quit after turning 16 and having my parents divorce. I have a lot of things against the religion but lot of people I've met have been very nice people who honestly mean well.

I can understand how the missionaries are annoying, but please understand they think what they are doing is right, and are making many personal sacrficies into it. If they have been bothering you too much all you can do is be honest with them and discuss why you think they're full of it. It's not hard to do either, as there are a million inconsistencies in the religion.

In conclusion, I'm not trying to say anything supporting mormon, as I've left them and will never go back. I've seen and read about a lot of darkness involved with the religion. I'm sorry I can't go on further but I was running out of steam anyway.

Thank You

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
the mormomns i ment seemed frendly they wanted to hook me up with a dvd
and they gave me a really coold baseball card with aryan jesus on it.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

the mormomns i ment seemed frendly they wanted to hook me up with a dvd
and they gave me a really coold baseball card with aryan jesus on it.

Yeah they seem very friendly, which people automatically are suspicious of it seems. The suspicion is justified because you couldn't possible understand the complex conditioning that Mormon children are subjected to. I hope the DVD he gave you was something worthwhile, god knows I've seen enuogh Mormon produced videos that were less than convincing. Also nice of them to give you a baseball card of Jesus, I'm sure he had a great career.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I thought it was kewl, I use to bust him out when I'd smoke so its like jesus was like sup y'all.

They also askedme directions to a street i know they know where its at lol.

I never got the dvd. but they said if i called the number I could have them deliver it to me personally LAWL.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've just always said thanks but no thanks and then they go away.

Maybe that's because I shut the door.

Seriously though, the ones on the street here never bother me. They just stand there giving away magazines.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Honestly, in their hearts they're trying to do what the feal is right. Unfortunately some (can't say all) have been conditioned to such a point that they feels its their duty to inform you about what they're all about. They might be doing it for the genuince good of human kind, but I'm paranoid and don't believe that for a second. I wish I could give you better advice to avoiding the distress of dealing with these people. But please remember most of them mean well (I think) and if you want to mess with their heads thats always a fun time.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to mess with their heads. I figure they are worried about my soul and I appreciate the concern. I just don't want any magazines.

Maybe the Mormons where I live just aren't as pushy as the ones you guys run into.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I wouldn't want to mess with their heads. I figure they are worried about my soul and I appreciate the concern. I just don't want any magazines.

They might be worried about your soul, or they might want to manipulate it to their own desires. Most mormons come off as incredible nice, but they can be the ultimate conman. Not that I'd compare them to scientology, only because I don't understand in the least what's going on there. You don't have to take anything they offer you. Mormons are good at manipulation but you don't have to take any crap from them and shouldn't feel bad for dismissing them as a little out there. And on a final note that soul stuff they talk about is mostly just to scare and influence your choices. If you wanna try it out (I realize you didn't say you want to) you might be amazed at things are handled there.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Possible blasphemy alert!

I don't really have any Mormon stories to share, but in my younger days I was quite a hit with the local Jehovah's Witnesses. Everyone else shut their doors, told them to move along, or pretended not to be home, but I always talked to them. Not because I believed in them or anything they had to offer, but because it was so fun once I discovered many of them knew less about the Bible than I did. Word apparently spread, for soon they sent "hit squads" after me - no, nothing evil intended: these were just some senior church members specifically brought in to make me see the light and confute (is that a word?) my arguments. Well, that made everything even more amusing to me, of course, and we used to have hour-long discussions about pretty much anything - they trying to convert me, and me trying to hide my amusement. Sadly, I moved away and never again has any sort of church, cult, sect or similar bothered to track me down.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Invite them to join your cult!?
Me, I worship caffiene.

top topics

join