It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Tom Delay went down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In 2003 Delay made an impressive speech to the Israeli Parliment. Attached is a link. He crossed Bush and was against the Gaza "giveaway". His fate was sealed. I encourage all you "haters" to read these words.

www.nationalreview.com...

(note to mods....unable to copy text fron this website)

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hmmm forget all the corruption, influence peddling et al. Had nothing to do with his stepping down? He should have done so months ago and is only doing so because he relizes he cannot win reeelction.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Re-election, I dunno, Fred.

I'm thinking it's more likely he can make more money as a lobbyist, writer (book deal in the works?) and speaker.And, don't forget that lucrative pension

Not to mention, he may escape prosecution if he quits????

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Delay went down because he's a criminal scumbag. He's a corrupt goon of a politician that the party decided was going to be a 'net loss', so they asked him to leave, and, the dolt, actually did.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
While that speech contained a lot of lies, half-truths, and deceptions, I'm having a hard time pinpointing any words that "crossed Bush." Could you quote the passage(s) you're referring to, please?

In any case, assuming that he did get on Bush's bad side somehow, all that means is that Bush did not use any of his influence (if, at this point, he still has any) to protect him. Had he not been a corrupt scumbag, that would hardly matter.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I noticed last week that a new strategy which they obviously hope will endear him to the foddering masses/sheeple. It is to allow himself to be exposed to public criticism in a desperate play for sympathy. Last week there was a 'town hall' meeting with 'the people' where a Moveon.org member chastised him for his shameless ineptitude. Contrary to the many past events where jack-booted thugs wrestled the Cindy Sheehans out of the halls for daring to wear t-shirts or hold signs which could be deemed critical of the fuhrer's national policy of death and destruction, at this event the man was allowed to speak his mind without being accosted or arrested.

Much of the audience booed the man but Bush told them to let him speak. Maybe he's coming to understand that the term 'freedom' which he is so fond of bandying about to support his failed policies abroad and at home includes the public's First Amendment constitutional right to express their opinions.

Nah. More likely they believe that all he has left is to fall on his own sword.

Would that it were more substantial than mere metaphor.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Actually Delay went down because he wouldn't use his position as majority leader to take out a a cancer on america. He pussed-out and they got rid of him. The bad guy is a little too powerful for Delay to take on. Bad guys don't care about law, they feel like they are above the law. Delay would have to take him down lawfully, in this case the law was an albatross.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You mean that there's a guy out there badder than the hammer?

And who exactly would that be and why was Delay trying to "take him down"?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Of course Tom Delay went down. After all, he is part of the republican - bush - war mongoring - right wing conspiracy - reptillian - illumati - new world order - rich white elite.

Once again the members of ATS have not let me down. You have him tried and convicted. So, he's guilty. Of what, I don't know.

No chance to defend himself.

After all, that's what this country has turned into - guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The answer, the polls.

Republicans #'s were down and with elections coming up and a close race, better to get some new blood in there in the hopes that it will help the midterms.

Delay was on his way out for a while somehow he was just "delay"-ing it!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1701
Once again the members of ATS have not let me down. You have him tried and convicted. So, he's guilty. Of what, I don't know.

No chance to defend himself.

Just what are you talking about? Mr. DeLay would be welcomed with open arms here at ATS.

There is no restrictions to keep Mr DeLay from coming on the board and telling
his side of thing. I for one would like to hear him defend himself and answer a few questions from the members here.

I'm perfectly willing for Mr. Tom to make his way thru the jucicial system before I chastize him for being a criminal.

However In my mind he stands convicted of being an arrogant, bullying little Twerp that makes me ashamed to be a Texan.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure they have internet access IN PRISON!

new topics

top topics

join