It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choc-Cola

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Out here we have Bosco chocolate soda. It is one of the few sodas that I will drink, if they don't make your Choc-ola anymore maybe you can try getting this instead.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is so depressing. I can't believe they don't make Choc-ola anymore. You would think some other kind of chocolate drink would be similar (other than Yoohoo, which is only about 50% as good as Choc-ola was) If you like Yoohoo, imagine if it tasted twice as good! That's how I would rate Choc-ola. I don't know what the heck made Choc-ola so much better than Yoohoo, but it sure was. You people who never tried it don't know what you missed. You just have no idea how great it was! The world is walking around blindly without even missing Choc-ola because they never tried it or are too young to know about it. Much better than Yoohoo. And it didn't taste at all like Soda or Cola. It was similar to Yoohoo, but twice as good!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by desert rat

i have a choc-ola glass bottle. Never seen in in a can before.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I also drank it a lot, as a kid, during the 50's & 60's and I was raised in South Central Michigan, just north of the Ohio/Indiana State lines. I remember it as Choc-Cola, but I always had in a bottle in those days. It is a Chocolate Coke(or Cola). These days I go to Sonic and order a Coke and have them add Chocolate to it. It is still good, but I sure wish someone still bottled it. I would be a regular customer. And it is so much better than any of those chocolate drinks that are out there, anyone that says those are good is crazy. When I order it at Sonic, they most all say, I have never heard of it, and I say, try it, you will like it. I have started others on it. Can we email each other, maybe we need to start a business.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hey, I drank Cho-cola as a kid in Cincinnati. The folks who say it was far better than any other chocolate-flavored drink like Yoo-Hoo are absolutely right. Creamier, but not exactly like chocolate milk. RIP Cho-cola.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I am 59 years old and I remember drinking it as a little kid in the 50's. I drank it through the early 70's. My dad and I owned a sprint car, and we thought we had Choc-ola signed as a sponcer one year, but they back out at the last minute. Shortly after that is when you had problems finding it. I loved it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I an from northern indiana and i drank chocola in the 90s. I was born 1984 and i have a vivid memory of it. So it was still around then.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I remember choc-ola, and Cowboy Bob's Corral. Drank the drink and watched the show as a kid, late 70's early 80's. I live in Indiana. I did search because kids got some Yoo-hoo drink, which is nowhere near as good as I remember choc-ola being, and I wanted to know if it is still made. I think it was a chocolate "flavored" drink. No milk in it. It was not a cola. It could have been a "local" drink. I guess as a kid you think something you drink all the time was probably being enjoyed by other kids all over the country. I remember commercials for it all the time, but only local channels back then, no national cable. Choc-ola and Yoo-hoo are two different drinks, and I think they were both sold back in the 70's, 80's at the same time, but everyone here liked Choc-ola much more. I don't know why it is not made anymore. Maybe makers of Yoo-hoo bought the rights or the company and got rid of it because of competition ? Don't know, but would like to know !

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i too remember Cowboy Bob, and Sammy Terry,and the choc-ola,there was a soda machine outside the neighborhood corner store where i was raised in Indianapolis,In the summertime you could grab a cold choc-ola from the soda machine oh my how delicous!!!!!!!!!!!! and was there not a lady who was on channel four along with cowboybob and sammy terry?????

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I know exactly what you are tlaking about. I have also been searching for the same drink. I remember it like yesterday, going to a store buying a six pack and racing to see who could drink the most in the quickest time!!! I loved that drink. I see these pics that people have posted of bottels, but I dont see the can pics. I am from Indiana and I never seen them in any other state, now I dont see them at all, I guess it will just be memories.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Choc-ola was availabe in Kentucky. I remember it being available in the fifties. Only problem with it was that it was so good, you could practically kill the bottle with one long drink. And, one bottle was never enough. Yoo Hoo is not the same. Wish Choc-ola was still around.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I too have searched for the elusive Choc- Cola (SP?) but have not been able to find it either. The funny thing is (to tell my age) I remember it in small glass bottles that had to be opened with a bottle opener! The bottle top even had cork under it and you could see the chocolate settled in the bottom of the bottle. You had to shake it up to mix the chocoate into the drink. They were not carbonated. I have also heard that Yoo Hoo is the same as Choc- Cola but if they are then the formula has completely changed. My 11 year old drinks Yoo Hoo and I have tasted it but it tastes nothing like Choc- Cola used to. It probably was a bit of an acquired taste but it is one you would never forget. My grandmother used to get them for me when I was 8 or 9 years old. Sure would love to have one last one... ICE COLD!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yoo-hoo killed it... They bought the brand and killed it. I miss it greatly.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I used to Choc-ola as akid as well. I used to live in central Indiana. it was the smoothest drink ever. 11 oz. of smooth chocolate drink. You had to drink at least two of them because the first one went down so easy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I remember Choc Cola as well here in NE Ohio and it was the best!!! YooHoo doesn't hold a candle to it!

If Ford and Chevy can bring back the Mustang and Camaro, why doesn't someone bring back Choc Cola? We've got enough energy drinks already.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
According to information I have found on the web, Choc-ola is now owned by Motts. Yes the same Motts that makes apple juice & sauce. See here.....Motts Inc.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is where it was bottled, at least in Indianapolis:

maps.google.com...,-95.677068&sspn=51.089971,89.648437&ie=UTF8&ll=39.735541,-86.116891&spn= 0.003057,0.005472&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=39.735611,-86.116951&panoid=Unwq_U2HeCWw98EfgHap-A&cbp=12,50.05683619820133,,0,7.056357644733553

The building was vacant for many years, but then was used by a company that made parade floats and such. No idea what's in there now.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I know, I know , I know!!!!!!! I had it when i was between 5 and 7 i think, I think It was in a glass litre bottle over here though ....... lovely stuff, been searchin for it forever

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Choc - Ola Was Bottled By Choc - Ola Bottlers Inc. It Was Discountinued In the Late 90's. By then it was only available in Indiana(Where it was bottled). Choc - Ola was not a Coutry-wide Drink. It was only distributed to the surrounding states(all the States that touched Indiana)and of course..Indiana. Now It was later Bought out by Motts. and was no longer made due to the fact that it could only last a couple of months without preservatives. So they could no longer make it. Now, Something they don't want you to know is that Yoo Hoo Chocolate Drinks are really the same formula except for one thing. They Use water. Now, The following is how to make Choc - Ola. Do not abuse this by selling or distributing this in anyway. This is specifically for your own use, for drinking purposes on your own. Please enjoy the taste and the Memories.

Choc-Ola Recipie:
1- 15 oz Yoo Hoo Can
6- Tsp of Non - Dairy Coffee Creamer

Makes two Servings(about how much it takes to make you only need about 20 more!!)

Take 7.5 oz of Yoo Hoo(half a can) and pour in in a glass. Put 3 Tsp of coffee creamer in. Heat in microave for about 50 sec. take out and stir.

Chill in freezer for 30 Minutes.

ENJOY!!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I remember Chocola in southern Illinois. It was the best, Yoohoo sucks big time compared to Choc-ola. Thanks for the recipe, I will try it. Those of you that never heard of it, missed out. It was the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join