It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman McKinney Cites Power-loss as Latest Example of Racism (satire)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney has cited yesterday's power outage on Capital Hill as the latest in a series of incidents that have targeted her directly for being a black woman. "When the power went out, it was pitch black in my office", stated McKinney. "It was an effort to underline my status as a female black Congresswoman." Later that day, the Department of Department of Redundancy questioned McKinney's references to herself as female and woman in the same sentence. The on-site investigator noted that he hadn't heard speech like this on the Hill since President Clinton said "It depends on what your definition of "is" is."

This morning, Rep. McKinney gathered several B-list black celebrities around her and made an official statement about yesterday's incident. Among those present was the great Harry Bellefonte. Mr. Bellefonte was quoted as saying, "Work all night on a drink o rum, Daylight come an' me wan' go home". When asked what that meant exactly, Mr. Bellefonte said, "I really don't know, but it was a good song in it's day." The ensuing laughter was quenched when one reporter mistakenly asked him about the song "Limbo Rock". Bellefonte cracked back that the song belonged to Chubby Checkers and not himself.

A spokesman for Potomac Electric and Power Company or PEPCO (Sounds like a merger of Pepsi and Coke) defended his company's position on the power outage. "We are careful to ensure that our nation's capitol is always supplied with the power it needs." If Rep. McKinney would have simply used the light-switch correctly, none of this would have happened. Her office building did not even lose power yesterday. All she had to do was follow procedures and turn the light-switch on when she entered the room." When we informed Rep. McKinney that it was only the Capitol Building itself that lost power, she stood her ground and said that was all the proof she needed that racism was abundant if everyone else in the building had lights.

Rep. McKinney has made news several times in the last week when she was stopped by security guards for bypassing security measures, but Rep. McKinney is probably most noted for all the effort she puts into digging into the death of gangster rappers. Her fine work is noted on sites such as thuglifearmy.com (Thug Life Army)

Georgia State Representative Cynthia McKinney has introduced a bill, H.R. 4210. the Tupac Amaru Shakur Records Collection Act, before the United States Congress that would require the National Archives to establish a “Tupac Amaru Shakur Records Collection.”

Sadly, Rep. McKinney can not get any co-sponsors to help her noble cause of looking into the life of the gangster rapper Tupac. The real tragedy is that this is the only piece of legislation that she has pushed for and it was her sole purpose for being elected. "The refusal of Congress to seriously debate gangster rapper Tupac is yet more proof of the racism on Capitol Hill." Perhaps one day we will live in a country where the life and death of gangster rappers will be open for discussion in Congress. Sadly, we are not yet in that place. But "We have a dream!"

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That was brilliant satire man. Evedently no one else thought so. But it gave me a good chuckle.

new topics

join