It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive stealth flying saucers?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some weird stuff on DefenseTech -

Pt I - Stealth's Radioactive Secret
www.defensetech.org...

Pt II - Glowing Planes, Hidden Bombers
www.defensetech.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bazarre! To say the least, this is weird. It almost sounds unreal. However, if there is truth in this, it would explain two mysteries of steath:

1. Why are steath coating supposely toxic? I've read reporst of Lockheed employees getting sick from working on the F-117 Project. Also, you should see the protective clothing they wear when they paint the B-2.

2. In the earily days of the stealth porgram, they had a cover story about Atomic powered anti-radar pods. How did they Get on atomic power?

Tim

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanx for the links. A bit over my head but this does seem to explain some gaps in knowledge - would the plasma layer of charged particles be any danger in a JP leak? Could this be adapted for use as an igniter/plume tuner for an aerospike external combustion bird? I got the impression that there was a visual element in this form of stealth... what might that look like? Heat haze? Could the plasma colour be tuned?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

1. Why are steath coating supposely toxic? I've read reporst of Lockheed employees getting sick from working on the F-117 Project. Also, you should see the protective clothing they wear when they paint the B-2.

www.patricksaviation.com...

In the above link, it is said the RAM solvent is the one that is toxic. In the Have Blue program, the RAM comes in sheets. For F-117, they spray RAM on the jet in a special way(read the link). Obviously B-2 will be too big to be sprayed with such an automatic method, so they have to do it manually.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I don't think there's any suggestion that the current RAM is radioactive, what's interesting is that plasma stealth technology has been around so long - 50 years now - and came from the US not USSR.

Would be interested to know more about Project Kempster, the failed (?)plasma stealth idea for the Blackbird!

Don't think the plasma would be a fire risk, you'd need a physicist to say for sure, but there are no actual sparks.

new topics

top topics

join