It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switchblade: designed flawed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 140th CES
i recall an article a few year back in Avation Week or Popular Science that described an eyewitness account of an aircraft with a similar looking tail arrangement. it was described as extremely manouverable and had double horizontal stabilizers, almost like a sawtooth pattern.
with the switchblade's wings swept backward i can see a similar shape.
I beleive the article was published before the switchblade story came out.
does this ring a bell for anyone?

Like this?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
no it wasn't the YF-23 but looking at an overhead view of it is bringing some old memories back. they had a sketch in the article of the mystery aircraft and the back was a similar sawtooth but it was a really more dramatic pattern and the wings were of a more traditional shape. i also believe the article came out after the ATF competion.
i really wish i had more to go on than vague recollections.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ok, maybe this one?

Or,

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A lot of AC I've seen including the Berkut and PAK FA have some serious shaping problems. This is defineletely not stealth especially since it doesn't use proper blending.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
A lot of AC I've seen including the Berkut and PAK FA have some serious shaping problems. This is defineletely not stealth especially since it doesn't use proper blending.
Please explain proper blending to us.

Also, what pictures of the PAK-FA are you referring to?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
This is defineletely not stealth especially since it doesn't use proper blending.

If you are referring to the drawings in the post above yours, you would be wrong. The aircraft at the top is the unsucessful Northrop concept for the Joint Strike Fighter, which became the Lockheed F-35. The bottom one is a Stealth test plane built by boeing that was called the Bird of Prey.

If, on the other hand you are talking about the Switchblade concept, You're right! there are too many signature issues with the design!

So, which aircraft are you referring to?

Tim

<< 1   >>

join