It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexician Military Incursions into America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Mexican Army units are making uniformed armed military incursions into the southwestern border states. They have provided cover of drug smugglers and have fired upon US border agents. These incursion by the Mexican military appear to be a growing trend.

www.msnbc.msn.com
WASHINGTON -- Armed men in Mexican military uniforms have illegally crossed into the United States to provide cover for drug smugglers, and have fired upon U.S. Border Patrol agents on several occasions, a congressional panel was told Tuesday.

Border Patrol Union President T.J. Bonner detailed three incidents since 2000 in which U.S. agents were chased and fired upon by what he characterized as Mexican soldiers operating inside U.S. borders. Bonner testified before the House Homeland Security Investigations Subcommittee on Tuesday

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mexican military incursions into the Southern borders region threaten U.S. sovernity and security. These incursions by uniformed members of the mexican military are a growing threat to the border patrol. The military units have been reported to have fired on US border agents.

Related News Links:
www.gopusa.com
www.washtimes.com
www.newsmax.com
www.thenewamerican.com

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
All the more reason we need to bring back our soldiers from overseas and have them running cover for our border patrol agents.

I dont think these Mexican soldiers will have the same bravado then if staring down the barrels of some M-1s.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Or activate some National Guard Units, this would give them some real world training and experience plus help out the border patrol agents.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This story is from February 7th. What's the deal? There is already a thread for this on ATS too I believe.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And our government is treating this like a drug smuggling thing? The local sheriff is roundin' up his boys? WTF? Where are our military to protect our borders!?

Why is our government letting this happen?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Err...read the article?

If I get a U.S. Uniform, a gun and invade Canada does it mean the U.S. is doing it? Wearing the uniform, which you can buy from any good military surples store is pretty good thinking. It means the border agents, the law enforcement agents, etc, will not fire upon them so they get the jump.

I love the way people are so ready to blame the Mexican Government for everything and anything. Come on people...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Too bad there is no mention of the fact that many of these incursions are accidental:

The Department of Homeland Security said there have been 231 documented incursions by Mexican military and law enforcement personnel into the U.S. since 1996.

“There is little doubt that the majority of these incidences are accidental,” said Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas., chairman of the Security Investigations Subcommittee.
~~~~~~~~~
And on several occasions the U.S. has chased, apprehended and even detained members of the Mexican military, Aguilar said during his testimony. However, the U.S. has no concrete evidence that the Mexican military is in any way involved in drug smuggling, Aguilar was quick to point out.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I'm not saying the Mexican government doesn't have some knowledge of these incursions or that these are official operations. This has been going on for years. Probably even before we Americans cared about what happened at the US-Mexican border.
Is MSNBC reporting news or trying to create drama?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
man, thats either mexican guberment, telling them to provide cover for drug cartels, or drug cartels are paying mexican guberment's military boys to provide the back-up.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Uh, Odium, you don't really understand the situation, do you? Do not assume you are talking about a government that is like GB's or the US's. It isn't at all. The US has trouble with lobbyists. The Drug Cartel doesn't take the time for such things, they run the government. Been that way for a long, long time.

Jamuhn, you are very correct. Moving it now, Mr. Eagle-Eyes!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My point is, though, that IF this is a big problem as has been dramatically stated in the news every minute of every day lately, our government should be protecting our borders and it's not. Whether it's border patrol or Homeland security, and for whatever reason, people are supposedly pouring over the border and our government does nothing to stop it. See?

This doesn't look like much of a threat of "incursion", though.

You'd think at least they'd get some decent pictures!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This doesnt seem to be the same america i was born in, Everyday more im alive.

I mean i agree, we see what needs to be done, why isnt it., why is it we only see action is places that we feel we need not be involved in?

Its almost like that moment, in a battle or any Confrontation, where if the opposing side sees their goal, they will let smaller less important targets become compromised, in order to focuz efforts apon that main target,

Or Even they might allow this to get worse so they can us this as a means to distract people from Other more pressing issues.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Like Jamuhn said, this thing is old, and already been reported on, normally I would'nt even care, but the first thread was a good length if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, if I remember right these are'nt actual mexican trrops, rather people dresed in military outfits, atleast thats what was said in the first thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Uh, Odium, you don't really understand the situation, do you? Do not assume you are talking about a government that is like GB's or the US's. It isn't at all. The US has trouble with lobbyists. The Drug Cartel doesn't take the time for such things, they run the government. Been that way for a long, long time.

Jamuhn, you are very correct. Moving it now, Mr. Eagle-Eyes!

No, I do understand it. I just acknowledge drugs being another aspect of Big Business and being above the law or the Government. It's a shame, because many drugs destroy people but the Government can't stop it. These people putting on uniforms, are the same as those who pay the customs officers, etc. It's a real shame but there is very little the Government can do. Drugs are a massive industry, probably in the trillions [World Over]. Placing the National Guard, calling for a War on Drugs and blaming the Mexican Government won't change a thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Let me find out Mexico has always controlled the border..We have millions of dollars worth of equipment and manpower on the border and they have armed thugs in military uniforms making drug excursions into the US shooting at our agents..Yet we "accidentally" shoot a Mexican kid across the border and we're in hot water..BS

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that these aren't real Mexican army personnel, but drug cartel people who are dressed with the uniforms, which they probably stole or manufactured.

They do the same thing with police uniforms.

top topics

join