It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think the weathers gonna be like this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Last 5 years we had some interesting weather patterns, the hottest summer in Europe, tsunami and new orleans.

What do you think this summer is going to be like?

I for one hope that its hot here in the UK, and everywhere else.

So far interesting developments: hottest summer in Australia.
Then rain in South America when its not rainy season.

Anything else?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
im sorry but tsunamis are not weather events there geologic. Second go read a farmers almanac b/c for some funny reason its fairly close to actually events! Rain in south America …..there are reasons they have rain forests there lol as for asking what its going to b like is trying to predict the future its not gona happen we as humans do not poses the tech to do it yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I grew up in the North - Churchill Man. I now live in Toronto. It is April 4th and I saw the largest snowflakes I've ever seen fall today - easily 25mm across and very fluffy.
If the summer is hot, North American and European cities are ripe for unrest aggravated by the heat... and if there's a power failure or some other "accident" it'll make Detroit '68 look like a nice beach party.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
engener

Do you know anything about seasons? Theres a rain season in S America and it aint NOW, but theres rain. And never been before. What have you got to say about that.

The eco system is unballanced im afraid.

I for one hope we get a Califrnia style summer here in the southern UK

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
looking back longterm, 25 years or so, there's been a definite change in the weather. Here in SE England we used to consistently get sometimes a foot or so of snow which would stay for a week or two. Now we rarely get any at all and the winters are drier than previous years.
There also seem to be more of the sudden and localised severe bursts/storms rather than regional weather systems. That seems to be a pattern elsewhere in the Northern Hemisphere too.
I just got in from a drive a short while ago. I was following a truck across town and it was throwing up so much dust, you'd think we were already in the middle of summer and a drought!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
then when is the rainy season? let me give you somthign to read to show that from dec to march ...wait thats now well it was lol! there was no need to insult me especily sence i just made you look like a fool by proving you wrong on your own thred

check it out its under climate
south-america.com.au...

for spellin hehe

[edit on 5-4-2006 by engenerQ]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I was hearing that this year's Atlantic hurricane season will be more intense than last year's.

No, I don't remember where I heard it, probably might want to run a Google search or something. I think it might have been the Weather Channel.

Hey, maybe we'll make it through the Greek alphabet too....

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The weather this year in the US will be off the charts. Massive, frequent and deadly tornadoes in the Midwest but also in places that have never seen severe tornadoes.

Drought in the Rockies will spawn forest fires that will break all records. The resulting smoke will darken skies for weeks if not months.

Hurricanes will devastate Fla. and the Gulf coast. FEMA again will be found lacking.

I think all this weather will be caused by the rising temperatures of the oceans and the resultant change in the currents.

The weather world wide will most likely be devastating too.
Man has some impact on global warming; but I think Solar radiation, sun spots, flares are mostly to blame.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is just a guess of course, but I'd say this years' weather will follow the trend of the past few years. Extremes of heat and cold, unpredictable weather patterns. Hurricanes will probably continue to get worse, causing people to repeatedly evacuate the Gulf Coast. The Atlantic coast will probably get some of that too.

Global warming will continue to accelrate and the icecaps will continue to melt. I think the warming IS caused by humans. The vast majorty of climate scientsts believe this and I see no reason to doubt them over the assertions of laymen and scientists employed by oil companies. Even if warming is caused by some natural cycle or the sun, spewing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere can only make it worse.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You can get long range climate forecasts and seasonal drought outlooks here:
Climate Prediction Center
Drought Monitor: Forecasts

Dr. Bill Gray's CSU hurricane forecast:
17 named storms
9 hurricanes
5 major hurrcanes

EXTENDED RANGE FORECAST OF ATLANTIC SEASONAL HURRICANE ACTIVITY
AND U.S. LANDFALL STRIKE PROBABILITY FOR 2006

Trend of this season is:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
All I know is at current rate So California will get it's annual rainfall this April,we have had thunderstorms and hail,not to mention snowing in the mohave desert,looks like I may have to shop for thermal boxer shorts

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wind gusts, yesterday that knocked down telephone poles in the Four Corners region. Thatsa soma wind, but my prediction for the latter half of April and May, looks grim for the flat land in the mid west and the plain states. Batten down the hatches!!

In my opinion the National weather Service is low balling their predictions so as to not alarm the public. They Know!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As a Floridian I now will be taking my vacation from Aug 26th to Sept. 16th in Vermont. The Gulf temp will be at 90 degrees for those three weeks. If you can't beat it , leave it! Houston, Tampa or Miami mayhave a rough summer.

top topics

join