It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sapphire and Steel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension. Trans-uranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life. Medium atomic weights are available - Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond, Radium, Sapphire, Silver, and Steel. Sapphire and Steel have been assigned."
www.cix.co.uk...

Hands up anyone who remembers this Sci-fi series from the late 70s-early 80s involving these two paranormal detectives assigned to sort out breaks in time?
If I could choose any program from my youth that I would really really like to see again, this would be it. I remember being pretty spooked by some of the story lines, I remember worrying that supernatural forces could get to me via my image in photos, and the eerie image of a ghostly soldier whistling 'pack up your troubles in your old kit bag' has always stuck with me.
Great stuff!
Of course I can't guarantee that it would seem as good today, as is the case with many programs that seemed so good in our yesteryears, but I would love to get the chance to find out. I've never heard of anyone showing re-runs though.
Perhaps when I'm feeling a bit flush, I'll try and get hold of the videos or DVDs, although they seem to be like gold dust, and pretty pricey.

JAK

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow Pantha. Get out of my head!

I've just got hold of the first two assignments.

They are a great giggle! The ghostly soldier whistling 'pack up your troubles in your old kit bag' is the one that struck me the most and that my girlfriend remembered and (after a quick Google) seems the one most people recall. If I remember right I think there was a little controversy over it being too scary to be aired so early. Also this 'assignment' was aired twice as a strike interfered with the first showing so that might contribute.

I was positive I remembered these being single episodes though but they're not. Sapphire And Steel Assignment II - The Railway is in eight parts. But it was great to see it again.*

Jak

*Still scared me though.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow! JAK, I am green with envy!
It's strange , but I always thought that each assignment was contained within one episode too, until I looked into it.
A couple of years back, I even e-mailed UK tv gold to ask that they show them, but I guess it's not that easy! perhaps if I e-mail them and Sci-fi channel ,and any others that might show that sort of thing, I might get somewhere.
How many e-mails a day do you think would get their attention?
Or I might just have to start saving up my pennies.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That show scared the hell out of me when I was younger, and who didnt fall in love with Joanna Lumley!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join