It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Flaming UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
video.google.com...

I have no idea what this is, and I'm not sure what country it takes place in, but this is very strange.

It -could- be debris from something entering the earth's atmosphere or possibly a meteor, but it seems to move too slowly. What are your opinions?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's simply a plane with a short contrail. The contrail is being lit up by the setting or rising sun. Here's an example of longer contrails lit up the same way.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The video is from Finland. This was aired on MTV3

I agree with sensfan. I think this might just be a plane flying at sundown. The ‘flames’ look like a contrail that is lit up be a setting sun.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
A flaming contrail? You MUST be joking. That was NOT a contrail. It looked nothing like your pictures. Contraols do not follow the planes around. They hang out, then dissipate like clouds.

It looked like a falling piece of space debris, from what I see. Although I do not understand Finnish, so I cant tell you what the guy on tape was saying.

Whatever it is, it certain is strange and unusual, even if not necessarily a space ship.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Seems to be 2 maybe 3 sources for the plumes that appear to be ignited or illuminated. As for the speed who's to say? At one point I thought I was looking at some sort of set of columns or pillars of "fire" or light that do seem way strange if not potentially engineered.
How about an aero-spike vehicle separating from its launch platform? Love to see this phenom in infra-red spectrum!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here is an image of a lingering contrail lit up by the sun.

This photo was also taken in Finland.

www.axis-of-aevil.net
When we decided to move to Finland one of the agreed upon features was that each year, budget permitting, we would take a Winter holiday somewhere the sun makes more of an appearance than glow occasionally on the horizon on the rare day that it's not cloudy.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There is no freakin way thats a contrail and ima pretty skeptical guy. It could be some kind of sattelite burning up. It was definatly something burning up.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As an amateur astronomer, I can tell you that yes indeed, depending on the atmospheric conditions (level of humidity), there can be short or long contrails. A short contrail that dissipates quickly indicates low humidity, and clear skies for a while. A long contrail indicates high humidity, thus less than favourable sky watching.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by sensfan]

[edit on 4-4-2006 by sensfan]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Move here to the midwest. I see them most evenings when the sky is clear at sunset. I have seen the contrails stay short behind the aircraft, and I have seen ones that start short and then expand as the aircraft goes for higher altitude.

I live in one of the "corridors" between Indianapolis airport and Chicago airport. I can also see aircraft headed for Cincinnati, Ohio.

JDub

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just watched the video, and I have a different slant. From the sparkling and tumbling nature i'd actually say that this was an excellent shot of eithere a large meter or space debris coming into the atmosphere at high altitude.

The width and depth of the tail, and also the fact that there was multiple origions to the trails makes it my best bet. nice footage though!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was going to say jet contrails, too, since I see them all the time. But this thing is actually moving/falling too fast, and I personally don't think it's symmetrical enough to be a jet contrail. There's a big "chunk" missing out of the right side of the trail, which suggests that the object making the trail is an odd shape that extends back into the tail.

I would think space debris, but after having seen the Space Shuttle repeated about a thousand times, I think we're all pretty hip to what falling space debris looks like.

So? Maybe a controlled landing by some other kind of vehicle? The Secret Shuttle? Or maybe another one of those interesting asteroid near misses that are occasionally captured on film.

Don't know. Nobody reported any big, flaming debris falling on their house, did they?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I could have sworn the guy mentioned asteroid. That was a ball of flame. That didn't look like contrail from a plane. I'd lean more towards a meteor then a planes contrail.

Looked cool. I wonder why it seemed like it was going in slow motion.

Pie

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a contrail... I was thinking a meteor too, when I first watched the video. Then, about half way through, it starts to turn, slowly, like a plane, to the right.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm still not so sure... on the separate meteor vids, that's an easy call, as the same sunlight would be visible on the clouds....but in the first vid, it could certainly be sunrise/sunset....

Could be contrails, could be meteors... It really did look on fire more than illuminated contrails though..... But, I certainly see no reason to leap to spacecraft....(other than falling satellite maybe)....

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Something odd seems to be going on in this video. It feels like the lit up object is moving relative to the background, back and forth, too fast as the tree moves when the cameraperson changes position. When the tree moves left an inch, the lit up object moves a little to the left, then a little right, then a little left again, but not far enough.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I don't really see what you're talking about, but it sounds to me like you're describing the optical effect called parallax.

An easy way to demonstrate this is hold a finger up in front of your nose. Now alternately blink your eyes. As you do it you can see your finer seem to change from side to side. Now, hold the finger at arm's length in front of your nose and blink your eyes alternately again. You'll see that your finger appears to move from side to side less.

So the trees are like your finger when it's close and the object in question is like your finger at a distance.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If it was a contrail then the plane was also on fire! Looks engulfed to me and as far as the speed, I don't think you could say it was going that slowly. Size and distance have a great deal to do with how fast something appears to be going. IMO, misjudgment of speed is a common mistake with UFO's.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Where do you see the plane engulfed? You can hardly see the plane (which is common for high altitude airliners), but once in a while you can see a light, i.e. reflection of the sun off the plane.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Where do you see the plane engulfed? You can hardly see the plane (which is common for high altitude airliners), but once in a while you can see a light, i.e. reflection of the sun off the plane.

I'm saying if it is a plane, it's ingulfed. Meaning, I don't believe it is a plane at all. It looks like something on fire to me. Since when does a contrail from a plane have that kind of pattern to it? Most are 1 single or 2 seperate and distinct trails. This has a jagged, firey nature to it.

<<   2 >>

join