It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Paying for Our Advert FREE Fox News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Recently Fox news turned up free on my Amstrad Sky DigiBox (channel 510). This happened before when we had a VideoCrypt satellite box. On both occasions Fox News is being shown with no adverts whatsoever.

On the first occasion Fox turned up shortly before the Afghan war. During American commercials you where presented with some repetitive music against a constant background. At first I thought they were simply breaking into the market so they could one day replace this music with English ads. But instead they went off air about the time the war in Iraq turned ugly.
Now they are back!!! And they defiantly weren’t available on our digibox till about a month ago or so. The dreary music has been replaced with a variety of music, and the constant background has become a rotating global weather forecast map.

But still no adds!!!
I know Rupert Murdoch likes to use his media empire to influence our politics. But I had no idea he was so charitable (not that I would pay for the wretched service anyway). But my question is this: Who is paying for free fox news? And to avoid jumping to conclusions I guess we should also ask “why?”

Also about Fox News: Has anyone ever noticed the colouring is really odd and the contrast really high. Surely it’s not just our reception that gets colour filtering?
Why do they do this? You never seem to get it on something like CNN (at least for now).

Finally why do you watch Fox News? For me it’s a slightly mind corrupting form of entertainment. Although maybe it’s not that corrupting because where possible I try and spot the propaganda (which is a useful skill). To me Fox is anything but fair and balanced and is far more anti peace than it is pro war.
But does anyone here think they are immune from propaganda? For me the best type of propaganda is when you miss out certain annoying facts that harm your argument. I would love to know who is immune from that, because whoever they are must also be immune from what they don’t know.
Who are you?
And why is fox free to some (even when it’s without ads)?
Are rich people really paying for it to be on air in order to twist public opinion?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
May have been a problem on their end or something, or a free promotion. I am on digital cable in Canada and I was getting Fox for free for a while, too. It stopped about a month ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Oh, and I watch it because, well, what's a fire without fuel? It's so bad that it's entertaining, much like any Bush speech.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Count your blessings and be thankful that you are getting good quality news coverage for free. It's the best news coverage available.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi,
Not sure if there is prehaps a prob with your digibox? I have been able to receive Fox News for at least a couple of years. It is part of the basic channel package so the subscription presumably pays for it. If you not getting it you are not missing all that much apart from right wing propaganda. Sky News or BBC 24 have far better news coverage

new topics

top topics

join