It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans: Would You Like Your State To Become Part Of Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
As the United States seems to be divided in political views fairly clearly across certain state borders, I was wondering how many Americans living in these states would be willing for their state to join Canada? I am not being a smartass. I am Canadian and would love it if you dudes joined us.

Pretty much the only differences will be that you get free health care, lower penalties for pot possession, and you won't be eligible for Wheel Of Fortune.

So what do you say? This goes out specifically to people in western states (cali, oregon, washington)and north eastern states (minn, wis, mich, new york, and new england states), but if Texas has a change of heart, we'll take 'em too.

Oh I know I am going to get so much hate mail for this, but I am just way too curious.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Can you own big trucks and fast cars there?
What about the guns laws?

Im already considering leaving the US for good, only coming back periodically to visit, and as time goes by, I will forget most of my old friends, and it will just be family, so I will need to visit even less.

Im sick of the US. and the crap it brings.
I dated this french-canadian chick, she had only lived here for like 3 years....
She was SO hot!!!!

Haha

But yea, Im about to go get my passport. Ive never left the country, but I want it just in case I have a change of mind one night. And I believe that it is very possible...

Not so sure states would follow though.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I know it's totally never going to happen, but was wondering how many citizens would support it. I wouldn't want Americans to have to move to be happy with their government. Keep on truckin'!

Oh yeah, and we still have lots of big cars and guns, so you'll be fine. (Well, not so much "fine," as "poisoned and shot," but don't worry, a Canadian won't shoot you unless you steal his beer/smokes.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Not even remotely. Canada is a wonderful place to visit, I've been to nw canada on several occassions over the years and enjoyed it. Want to live there? Nope. America suits me fine, thanks just the same.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No way. Thanks, but no thanks.

I think Americans thrive on conflict and a bit of chaos. It suits us fine. We dont need to join Canada. We are going through a rough time.

But we are Americans in the end, and I myself am quite happy to be so, and wish to stay one.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hehe yeah if any of you Americans don't like your government or can't stand the thought of Bush in power for the next three years, come here. Ok our government isn't perfect but it's also not as powerful and intimidating as the US one.

PS. Don't get mad at me, I"m only half serious. But do come here if you want.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect anyone to want to leave their home area just for a change in government. That's why I think we should redistribute land based on typical geographical politics. Heck, we don't even have to call it U.S. or Canada. Seems ridiculous to have people so strongly divided. I mayget flack from other Canadians for this, but heck, I would trade Alberta for California any day. I bet Bush would make that trade if he could, too. More oil in Alberta than in the whole middle east.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
In the immortal words of the PSP playing squirrel: "Hells yeah!"

I'd love it if my state (Washington) became part of Canada.

One thing though, am I allowed to call it Canadia [Cuh-nay-dee-uh]?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
canada, like my mistress's condo, is a great place for a weekend, but no place to live.

don't misunderstand me, i've had wonderful times in canada. you guys/gals got world class outdoors stuff and socialized medicine, but i'll stay here in da u.s. and bitch about it, thankyou very much.

i think that you and a lot of other foreigners believe that because we complain about the situation here that we want to leave. nothing could be farther from the truth. the reason we take the time to bitch, moan, groan, protest, and diminstrate is so that we can change american for the better. we (that is to say I), do not want to give up on our country. i think i can speak for most of us when i say that we are comitted to using our ability and freedoms to better our country. to a non-american, it may sound hyper-critical of the u.s., but it is how we have historically instituted change.
hell, when we got tired of paying import taxes and tariffs on something as simple as tea, we threw a boadload of it into boston harbor, thumbed our nosed at the british, and retired to the nearest bar. granted, it wasn't recent, but geez, that is about as american as one can get!

so, when you canuks ditch da british, let me bring my handguns, and find a better national sport than hockey, let me know, cause i'm there!
one thing i do have to appaulde you folks on is your, umm... entertainment venues, in windsor. the all-nude venues i've been to have got our averge topless bar beat, hand down. good work on that one.

Boots out.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the invite but no thanks. Love to visit you guys someday I hear it's very pretty but I'm American first last and always. Strange isn't it; I've lived in Washington state for years and while I've been to Europe I haven't gone north. I'll have to fix that.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No. I wouldn't expect anyone who truly loves this country to want their state to be a part of Canada. Conservative, liberal, libertarian, etc. Anyone who would like that to happen doesn't deserve to be here in the first place.

top topics

join