It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US To Attack Iran In April 06

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
this story came out 3 day's ago ..very disturbing article on the coming war with iran the use of nukes has already been laid out on the table

the worriesome part is the lack of permission needed from congress for bush to make the push into war. i have a very bad feeling about this senerio.

apparently the day's of congress being the ones to declare war and the president being called upon to act in accordance are gone!

i smell a trap being laid here by the russians myself . does anyone else here feel the same about this ? here's the link to the article

www.antiwar.com...

mod edit to fix quote tagsmod edit to fix linnk

[edit on 3-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just so you know, that link doesnt work...

Try re-doing it. The url is good, but the link wasnt done properly, it doesnt link to anything...

And yes, I am with you... I beleive its a bunch of crap, and its going to get us in alot of trouble...

You can only kick in so many doors, eventually, someone next door that sees it coming, is going to prepare...
And the second you kick that door down and rush it, Blam, 2 shotgun slugs to the chest... Not gonna be good.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Weren't we supposed to go to war with Iran in January? No wait, wasn't it February? Or was it March?

Sorry but the threats of war have been going on for awhile now. It seems like every month we're supposed to be going to war with Iran.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.antiwar.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.antiwar.com/orig/hirsch.php?articleid=8788

here's the link again...i dont know why this seems to keep happening with link's lately

might be my computer i dont know any help on this?????

[edit on 3-4-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well we were supposed to have had alot of stuff happen in the last year according to the internet.

44 asteroid strikes,
260 terrorist attacks,
1300 bird flu outbreaks,
30 civil wars,
150 occurances of the antichrist,
and 145 invasions from the underground reptilians.

None of it has happened. This thread should belong in Predictions and Prophecies.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
Well we were supposed to have had alot of stuff happen in the last year according to the internet.

44 asteroid strikes,
260 terrorist attacks,
1300 bird flu outbreaks,
30 civil wars,

None of it has happened. This thread should belong in Predictions and Prophecies.

Its worth discussing. I dont see a problem with it. I enjoy reading stuff like this because good information can come out of it. Its great when nothing happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am not sure about the credibility of anti-war organization that advocates in defense of an Iranian nuclear weapons program.

It says:

The Bush administration now officially acknowledges that the issue with Iran arises from a "loophole" in the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, that allows non-nuclear countries to pursue uranium enrichment.

Uh, ya... You can have a civilian nuclear program without uranium enrichment, but you can't have a nuclear weapons program without urianium enrichment.

Apparently the hippys at anti-war skipped nuclear physics class that day. It actually isn't Bush's point though, it is the point the IAEA made regarding Iran, and why the IAEA referred Iran to the UNSC.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Having put everything together from what I have read, I do not see there being any sort of military aggression toward Iran from the US within the next year.

One can argue that a terror event on US soil could propel the US into Iran Quickly, but I have yet to see evidence to support any sort of plan like that.

Right now the timing isn't right. Politically, it would be suicide for the NeoCons.

What I find concern in is this ever present want and desire for war to break out. As if people are sitting by their computers waiting for someone to nuke someone else so they can be the first to report it. Work with what we have now, not what COULD happen.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
according too executive order#13292 this war is going to happen regardless of what congress thinks

I fail to see the web sites crediability coming into play here. an executive order is the engine for this theater of war to begin ....

Irans biological holdings are seemingly the reason to go nuclear on our part but i suspect that Iran switching from the dollar to the euro for their oil dealings is the real reason dumping the dollar in favor of the euro will have a destabilizing effect on our ecomomy..

as usual it's all about money and who has control of it!!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The debate over the oil bourse is a double edged sword. It would be a mutual disadvantage for both Iran and the US to stop doing "business " with one another. I have yet to see the oil bourse have any soluable impact on the economy. As for the long term outlook i see an increase in oil prices due to greedy oil execs and not Iran.

As far as the executive orders are concerned, they function more as a contingency than a declaration of war. I am sure there is one to invade Canada if Terrence and Phillip get out of line.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As far as the executive orders are concerned, they function more as a contingency than a declaration of war. I am sure there is one to invade Canada if Terrence and Phillip get out of line.

ha ha ha ha what a hoot !!!that's agood one..

but your probably right on the other hand i dissagree on Iran needing the US for business. russia and china are more than willing to take up the slack in trade....

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Did not any of you geniuses notice the date of the article was for this was Apr 1, 2006 ?

By the way here is the list of executive orders.

www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 4-4-2006 by MajorCee]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorCee
Did not any of you geniuses notice the date of the executive order was Apr 1, 2006 ?
that's really good i mean what better way to say april fool than to use the executive branch of government ......but the executive order was given march 16th

[edit on 4-4-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The oil bourse works when the world goes back to the gold standard, but while the world is using the F-16 standard for backing currency, it is unlikely you will find many bankers worldwide ready to gamble with their currency.

The risk is too high for a European banker or Asian banker to put their faith in Iran AND Europe being able to back up their investment. Europe could do it, but Iran? not.

The only way oil gets traded in Euro's is for Europe to unite and back the Euro with military power, and quite honestly, does anyone really believe that is going to happen?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksided
The oil bourse works when the world goes back to the gold standard, but while the world is using the F-16 standard for backing currency, it is unlikely you will find many bankers worldwide ready to gamble with their currency.

well i have noticed the price of gold going through the roof ...it might be that this is the reason ...i'll have to investigate this a little more.

[Mod Edit - quote tag fix]

[edit on 4/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorCee
Did not any of you geniuses notice the date of the article was for this was Apr 1, 2006 ?

By the way here is the list of executive orders.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Nice attempt at a fast edit there

As already stated, the article was uploaded on April the first - all the links contained within are from various dates. And anyway, not everything released on April 1st is a joke......genius.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

44 asteroid strikes,
260 terrorist attacks,
1300 bird flu outbreaks,
30 civil wars,

welcome to ATS. i've only been here since september, and i've seen more TEOTWAWKI threads in that time (and started a couple...hehe) than i've read on the net in the previous 5 years before i joined up. good comes with the bad, and this is definitely an informative site.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It will happen believe it or not, like it or not, love it or not.

Probably some where this year it'll happen. As for me, I'm not really concern about the date of the invasion but the effect it will bring about and the casualties. It'll be interesting to see the stance of the nations supporting up the war and the nations who disagree with it. Will it be like Iraq--an easy victory?

By the way, if the use of nukes is allowed by the U.S then I think we should prepare for the nuclear winter. Brrrr..

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
that's really good i mean what better way to say april fool than to use the executive branch of government ......but the executive order was given march 16th

?

1. The executive order doesn't mention Iran at all. It deals with how to handle classified info

2. The order was given on March 25th..........2003.

www.fas.org...

As far as us attacking Iran. Every month this year so far it's been "the US will attack Iran this month."
Are you willing to bet the US attacks Iran this month?

heart

I'm not really concern about the date of the invasion

No one (not even the US) is even thinking about an invasion. Any attack would be airstrikes against their nuke facilities.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Let's call these threads

"America may or may not attack Iran or maybe buy some Pez candy in the next 8 years-ish."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join