It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delay drops out of race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Chris Mathews just called into Scarborough Country to announce he was personally told by Tom Delay that he is dropping out of the race. He is afraid if he stays his seat is gone but another republican can hold it.

No real links yet but I think this may in fact go much deeper than Delay. Will we see others linked to the scandals start to fall off?

Update: CNN is now confirming this as well. Delay is currently on a conference call telling his Texas team of his decision.

[edit on 4/3/2006 by nativeokie]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I heard recently that there were more indictments on the way.

Maybe this is related?

If not, this will have to be moved to P@ATS since a scumbag not running again isn't a political conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Gools that was why I chose to place it here. It is very strange he drops out right after his former staffer flips and makes a plea deal. I think Delay and possibly others are about to see themselves in a lot of trouble.

If thatis the case it makes sense the big guy takes one for the team first, others to follow.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't smell conspiracy here, just fish.

I mean of course DeLay is going to be "dropping" from the race. The Republicans really don't want the stench from his personal indictments hurting them anymore than they have to.

Think about it. The American people are so pissed with Bush right now, that the Republicans are trying to at least keep control of something in Congress since it is almost obvious that the Democrats (if they get their act together) will win the Presidential Race in 2008.

So, if the Rebulicans can maintain control of Congress, they can continue backing the Lame Duck President, and then turn around and fight against the Democratic President starting in 2009.

At least that is how I see it....

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I would be the first to say, "Goodbye, Farewell, and don't let the door hit you on the way out." But even with an indictment, DeLay is not going to truly be a disappearing figure. After all, he never said that he was going to leave politics; he only said that he was not going to run anymore, perhaps retire.

So, I still see something in the cards for DeLay...besides jail time.

Like I mentioned in another post, he's probably headed for a conservative political action group.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
........and another one down, and another one down, and another one bites the dust!!!

according to this article, he isn't just dropping out of the race, he's resigning.

------------------------------------

"It was not clear Monday night whether Texas Gov. Rick Perry would call a special election to fill out the unexpired portion of DeLay's term, or whether the seat would remain vacant until it is filled in November."

news.yahoo.com...

-------------------------------------------------------

so, what every inquiring mind wants to know, will he become jailbird, or lobbyist???

I also read that he plans on making his condo in DC his primary residence....which kind of indicates that he will still be haunting the halls of congress.....

top topics

join