It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Freemasons take on the afterlife?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There are probably hundreds of possible outcomes after death everything from reincarnation to a place of everlasting pain and suffering. But nobody really knows what happens. Personally, I don't believe in hell, so I'm pretty confident I won't be going there. Or maybe that's what happens, our ideas of what hell or heaven is become reality when we die.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi there Eudaimonia,

Freemasonry doesn't exactly have a collective view on this kind of thing, as we incorporate members from different religions and beliefs.

I personally believe that Hell is simply a state of separation from God, rather than a literal lake of fire. I believe that this (fairly morbid) concept derives from the ancient use of the Hebrew word Gehenna as a nickname or euphemism for Hell. Gehenna was a literal firepit where garbage was burned, and my opinion is that some over-active imaginations took this concept to a darker level and a literal meaning.

Hope this makes sense. Haven't had any coffee yet this morning...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It would depend entirely on what religion or faith/mindset they belonged to when they joined.

It almost certainly varies from person to person.

Cug

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
I personally believe that Hell is simply a state of separation from God, rather than a literal lake of fire.

Going on memory here.

At one time Hell was depicted as cold (painted in shades of blue, etc..) because it was hidden/separated from the light (warmth) of God.

::EDITED::

Hey! No fair moving a topic when I was posting.. I was like What's with this blue stuff?

[edit on 4/3/2006 by Cug]

top topics

join