It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is not the big killer. Masonry is.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

But dont you see their identical
watch.pair.com...

It's quite simple, who is going to belive you any way.

albert pike

The Sun was termed by the Greeks the Eye of Jupiter, and the Eye of the World; and his is the All-Seeing Eye in our Lodges

It's clear, the sun is the eye in your lodges.
It's a clear statement.

With such statements that exist in your lectures, and pictures that do sustain it's besicly the same I dont see who is going to belive you.
Not only that simbols are identical but are sustained in your lectures that are one and the same.

3. It's not in a lodge room, its in the middle of the street.

www.masonicforum.ro...

who is going to belive you

rofl those banners are so bright they look photoshopped in...it shouldnt be that bright being that far back, unless of course they are speaking directly in front of the sun, but it seems they are indoors.

as for the hardcore religious persecuting masons...they ARE getting their souls ready for the end of days...they are trying to kiss gods ***.

Edit: Huge quote.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ive recently moved to a new location in Staten Island, NY. If anyone has heard of the borough, then you would know how drenched with history it is. I live minutes away from a Masonic temple that is absolutly gorgeous. My neighborhood is a landmarked district. Very old, almost like travelling in time.

Long story short. Im now 3 minutes away from the temple and I will be joining the brotherhood soon. I know I will do well on their entrance exams and hopefully ill be sitting on a table inside the Conference house !. The conference house is a beautiful cottage decorated with masonic symbols and it was the temporary home of our forefathers. The bill of rights was supposedly written there !. Staten Island NY is rich with masonic history. I wonder what power brought me to this amazing place. It was destiny alright.

When I discovered the temple, there was a sign from God I believe. It was directly adjacent to the front door and it's 2 pillars. It was a bookshelf, right there on the sidewalk. On the bookshelf was a whole bunch of Star Trek novels. My love !...my reward for finding the temple !...jokin..

but my real point of this thread is finding out what benefits will come by being a Mason.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Really where does it say?
Show me the text, your inventing things again.

Well, I won't quote you our lectures... while I do not consider them secrets, there are a few brothers that do and are sensitive on the subject. If you want to read them, you're going to have to Google them yourself. They aren't hard to find.

However, I will quote this:

quoted from source
The single eye was a well-established artistic convention for an 'omniscient Ubiquitous Deity' in the medallic art of the Renaissance.

Pretty straightforward, and... oh, I don't know... exactly what I keep telling you

masonary is a concept of ainciant egiptian &other goods.
It has nothing to do with god ,cristian god.

masonary is in conclusion incompatible with crestianity.

Nah, Masonry is a system that values tolerance... something that I doubt you would understand, given your rantings.

I'll be honest with you

That'd be a nice start...

you are confused, you think th sun is the eye of god for every one

No, I'm not confused at all, nor do I think what you believe I do.

I told you that for a mason the All-Seeing Eye represents the Creator. The sun, incidentally, has different meaning for us... it represents the sun, quite literally. It is also used in some jurisdictions to represent a past master.

Your lectures made you to belive so, you should read the bible, all of it, and you will see it's a whole different thing.

You keep committing the sin of assuming... you assume that masonry tries to dictate some 'fact' about Christianity that you don't agree with. You are very wrong.

I have read the bible... cover to cover.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way...

from source
The all-seeing eye of God is noted several times in the Christian Bible:

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Psalm 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
Ezekiel 20:17 Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
Oh, and by the way...

from source
The all-seeing eye of God is noted several times in the Christian Bible:

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Psalm 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
Ezekiel 20:17 Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness.

it does not link the eye to the sun, like your lectures do, it does not say it's a freaking simbol, it does not say anything close to your concepts.
when you find pasages in the bible linking god's eye to the sun anounce me.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
2B1, U ASKED 4 IT

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
but my real point of this thread is finding out what benefits will come by being a Mason.

Well, among many other benefits, you can look forward to hours of enjoyment in this forum explaining that you don't eat babies and worship Baphomet.

Worth the price of admission right there, if you ask me.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

it does not link the eye to the sun, like your lectures do, it does not say it's a freaking simbol, it does not say anything close to your concepts.

To begin with, you keep asking for someone to show you in the Bible where the eye is used as a symbol of God, and then when they do, you dismiss it out of hand. This shows you're much more interested in your agenda than in the truth of the matter, or what the Bible says.

Secondly, Masonic lectures do not link the eye with the sun. The All Seeing Eye is used as a symbol in the Third Degree, and the lecture mentions, "that All Seeing Eye, which the sun, moon, and stars obey..."

Now, obviously, if the All Seeing Eye represents the sun, the sun can't obey it. You've confused the lecture with a book by Pike, and don't even understand what you read by Pike, who simply pointed out that to the ancients, the sun was a symbol of God. Pike was of course correct, and if you have a problem with it, take it up with your religious studies and/or history department at your local university, as your constant whining about it here is beginning to get boring.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Well, among many other benefits, you can look forward to hours of enjoyment in this forum explaining that you don't eat babies and worship Baphomet.

Have you ever tried to plan a banquet where babies are served? It's hell... first, it's tough to find 60-75 babies that are all age-appropriate for the recipe chosen. Then, it's difficult to find enough freezer space to hold them all. And at 25 minutes per pound, you're committing yourself to lots of kitchen time.

Logistical nightmare, I tell ya.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ooh, touchy, aren't we? I just pointed out these passages... I didn't say what they meant at all, or what they said. You just inferred on your own.

Our lectures link the eye to the sun? Really... show me where. Quote our lectures. You can skip Morals & Dogma, though... despite your insistance, that's not our lecture material.

As has been pointed out, our lectures are freely and easily available on the net, so I'm sure that a worthy scholar such as yourself will have no problem making your point.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
hes just drank too much pepsi thats all..made him a lil crazy.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
My friend, i have a cage with a bird in it, which makes more sense than the twoddle you have just come out with.

Read your history on the Spanish visit to South America and also Holland. The involvement in Ireland and the world over.

And that is just one also think about Iraq, Iran. The great Roman Empire.

O mote it be.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have been following this "discussion" for quite some time find it absolutley amazing how many of the Brethren here will continue to argue the same points over and over again concerning the same boring questions obviously posted by those (non-Masons) who don't seem to read many of the other numerous threads posted in this forum.

I applaud your efforts, but at times question how you maintain your sanity.

To change gears a bit, I would like to ask the orinator a question based on the title of this exchange:

Originally posted by Edelweiss Pirate
Religion is not the big killer. Masonry is.

EP, would you be so kind as to attempt to provide some type of factual evidence as to how many deaths have been attributed to "Masonry" and similarly provide the same statistics for deaths attributed to "religion"?

Isn't that the core of what you were intending to convey?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specter6
I applaud your efforts, but at times question how you maintain your sanity.

Blibble blibble dimm dimm boooooo

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
"Does Freemasonry have a creed or tenet or dogma to which all members must adhere? Does Freemasonry continually teach and insist upon a creed, tenet, and dogma? Does it have meets characterized by the practice of rites and ceremonies in and by which its creed, tenet and dogma are illustrated by myths, symbols, and allegories? If Freemasonry were not religion, what would have to be done to make it such? Nothing would be necessary, or at least nothing but to add more of the same. That brings us to the real crux of the matter; the difference between a lodge and a church is one of degree and not kind. Some think because it is not a strong or highly formalized or high dogmatized religion, such as the Roman Catholic church, it can be no religion at all. But a church of friends (Quakers) exhibits even less formality and ritual than does a Masonic lodge. The fact that Freemasonry is a mild religion does not mean that it is no religion."

Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, Henry W. Coil 33 deg.

"Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion; and its teachings are instruction in religion."

Albert Pike 33 deg Morals and Dogma, p.213

"Now it is plain that in any sense in which we take the word religion, Freemasonry may rightfully claim to be called a religious institution."

Albert G. Mackey 33deg, Encyclopedia of Freemasonry

Until one of you guys publish an Encyclopedia, or write any book on Freemasonry I'll have to take the experts opinion on it.

Peace!
Distracto

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Distracto]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distracto
(Snipped for brevity)

Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, Henry W. Coil 33 deg.

Coil was unique in that he considered Freemasonry to be "mild religion" (whatever that means). He wrote in his encyclopedia that it's possible for a man to hold two opposing religions, but it is possible to hold to two religions that do not conflict. As an example, he mentions that the first Christians were also practicing Jews.

Coil's opinions on this matter are his own. The authorities of Masonry (the Grand Lodges) are in agreement that Freemasonry is not a religion, and I'm not aware of one single Mason who shares Coil's opinion. Coil himself did not consider Masonry his own religion, as he was a Presbyterian.

"Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion; and its teachings are instruction in religion."

Albert Pike 33 deg Morals and Dogma, p.213

This is a bit deceptive because Pike is being quoted out of context. Unlike Coil, Pike is very clear that Freemasonry is not a religion. In the above quote, Pike is referring to what the Apostle James wrote in his Epistle, in which he says that true religion undefiled before God is the practice of charity. Pike was not insinuating that Masonry was a "religion" in the common use of the word.

"Though Masonry neither usurps the place of, nor apes religion, prayer is an essential part of our ceremonies." (Morals and Dogma, p. 6)

"Masonry is not a religion. He who makes of it a religious belief, falsifies and denaturalizes it." (Morals and Dogma, p. 161)

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If you didn't know that there was something wrong with the freemasons, then there was something wrong with you.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The Temple down the street dissapeared without notice about a month ago. No one knew, it was just gone one day. The day before it had been completely in tact, the day after the entire place was gone like it had never been there before.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIghtWorldTrade
The Temple down the street dissapeared without notice about a month ago. No one knew, it was just gone one day. The day before it had been completely in tact, the day after the entire place was gone like it had never been there before.

Do you suspect witchcraft or bulldozers?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can't believ you gave EP 13 pages worth of responses to his original post. He makes a statement and never appears again. Typical.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Without people like EP posting his tripe there would be no opportunity to present the truth. He's really doing freemasonry a big favor and I for one am pleased he's here.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join