It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Offspring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Does anyone listen to the offspring? If so...what song is your favorite?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I always liked Self-Esteem and Come out and Play. I haven't listened to the offspring in probably 10 years, except for Pretty Fly for a White Guy which my daughter just loves.

Are they still a band?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its been a few years I believe since their last CD, but they were a talented band. The kids aren't alright and Staring at the sun were two of my favorites.

I wouldn't mind seeing them come back with a few more hits.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah I like The Offspring, The smash EP is by far their best Album!

"Self Esteem", "Something to Believe in", "Come out and play" and "not the one" are my favourites.

I find their lyrics to be quite meaningful in these songs.

Are they still producing songs?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I loved the Offspring back in the day... I saw them live at Woodstock '99, during the zenith of my brief flirtation with alternative music.

Americana was my favorite album, and still is... I can't name a single favorite song from the album, but Staring at the Sun, The Kids Aren't Alright, and the titular Americana are contenders for the position. I guess Walla Walla is up there too, now that I think about it.

Anyway, they were a great band. Thanks for making this thread, I actually haven't listened to any of their stuff in a while, but i'm gonna go do that now.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I like their older stuff... I can't that song with the dog and the guy with the blue face in the video - can't remember the title of the song.

The song, "Million Miles Away" is a favourite of mine, aswell as, "Gone Away".

EDIT:
The song I was referring to is, "Hit That".

[edit on 14-4-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cojo
Does anyone listen to the offspring? If so...what song is your favorite?

I still listen to Offspring. Favorite songs are Nitro and Self Esteem.

I saw them live at Earthday Birthday, they were the headliners.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Am I the only one with the really old stuff? Ignition anyone?

When punk was still good. Ahhh...the memories.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Offspring and Green Day sound the same to me. Both these "bands" have ruined punk.

jra

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Man I haven't listened to the Offspring in so long. I have the "Smash" album. I liked that one a lot. Brings back memories of Jr High.. wow... so long ago now. I'm starting to feel old

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
The Offspring and Green Day sound the same to me. Both these "bands" have ruined punk.

I agree.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

I say it was their fans and the corporations they signed themselves over to that ruined what one could consider "punk music." I don't think Green Day was ever punk, in the musical sense, to begin with. 13-year old girls with green hair are the major followers of bands like this... and they consider themselves to be punks because they dress trashy and wear mismatched clothes and all that crap. They go out to little pop stores that sell things like leather bands with spikes coming out and think they're "rebelling against the system" by buying all this junk.

But thats what all the industries want... the industries that thrive off of Mtv-like marketing, aimed at teens. They throw them all these BS clothinglines that sell manufactured "punk-wear" and then hook them on trendy, simplistic and mindless pop-music. And all these kids think they're punks when they're just suckers.

That said, Green Day plays some decent music. I haven't even bought a record of theirs since before Dookie... but I have heard there relatively recent stuff and they definately have talent as far a songwriting goes. I'm just not into it.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i bought smash a few years ago but it got lost in the hurricane ...
got their greatest hits alblum i think in august good stuff the offspring are good musicians but never struck me as very good lyricists... my favorite song was one i remember on the end of smash, all i can remember is he kept saying "im not a trendy asshole". anyone know the song im talking about? also gotta love pretty fly for a white guy

jra

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychochick
anyone know the song im talking about?

Yep, the song itself was called "smash". It was a good one.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
On the Americana album, the intro goes, "Welcome to Americana, please make your selection followed by the pound sign...", or something similar. Does it say "pound" or "dollar" on the American copies?

new topics

top topics

join