It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 8 wackiest self proclaimed messiahs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you've ever wondered who the second coming of Christ was, look no further! Our prophesied savior is none other than one of these 8 people. If you're curious about the conspiracy, here it is. I'd bet that any one of these people were just as devine as christ, but that's not what the Christians would have you believe.

Do you think that these people were played down in their time so that Christianity wouldn't lose power?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Do you think that these people were played down in their time so that Christianity wouldn't lose power?

Are you kidding? Michael Travesser?
And the rest? Played down?
Reverend Moon? I don't see the Messiah as being a Billionaire. All Billionaires become Billionaires by being scum bags.

Matayoshi Mitsuo? Here's some interesting info on this guy:

His first step as the Savior is to be appointed the prime minister of Japan. Then he will reform Japanese society and then the United Nations should offer him the honor of its General Secretary. Then Matayoshi Jesus will reign over the whole world with two legitimate authorities, not only religious but also political.

He has presented himself in many elections but he has not won yet. He has become well-known for his eccentric campaigns where he urges opponents to commit suicide by hara-kiri.

source: www.2spare.com...

Oh yeah...these HOLY MEN have been played down by Christians!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
why isn't jesus on this list...?

honestly, no one claim to messiahood is more credible than another

unless anyone can give any rubric for messiahship, all claims are equal

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Er...You care to back that up?

I mean, I could see Jesus being wacky were it not for 3,000 years of prophesy being fulfilled in His life and the evidence supporting Christianity, from literary to scientific, but that's there. How is that equal to, say, Travesser?

Also, the second coming is preceeded by prophesy that hasn't been fulfilled yet. The Christians you claim are trying to maintain power, Rasobasi420, would have to manipulate everything, including God, to cover up that whole Apocalypse thingy. How do you suspect they're doing that?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejakeI mean, I could see Jesus being wacky were it not for 3,000 years of prophesy being fulfilled in His life and the evidence supporting Christianity, from literary to scientific, but that's there. How is that equal to, say, Travesser?

We see in recent years the literary proof for his life...or do we?
(dead sea scrolls, book of thomas, judas, etc.) who is right? They were all written years after the fact as they were wating for Messiah ben david to return after messiah ben yosef (Jesus) died.
But when it didnt the whole thing became a mess. Or is this even what happened?

By the way, the worship of the messiah as God was never a Jewish concept.
Even "Jesus" said, "Why are you angry at me for saying I am God, did not david say we are all Gods"

Sounds somewhat Kabbalistic to me, and that someone (church) has badly ruined a Jewish tale to confuse and make conflict for the past 2000 years.

Perhaps its time for Jews to talk about this Jesus in the proper context, and for Chrisitans to study Judaism which is the root of what they claim they believe.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Even "Jesus" said, "Why are you angry at me for saying I am God, did not david say we are all Gods"

Where does that quote come from, dAlen?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Er...You care to back that up?

I mean, I could see Jesus being wacky were it not for 3,000 years of prophesy being fulfilled in His life and the evidence supporting Christianity, from literary to scientific, but that's there. How is that equal to, say, Travesser?

Those responsible for that prophesy obviously didn't see it. And it took an emporer 300 years later to bring a council together to make the stories fit into both the prophesy and 'modern' paganism, not to mention much bloodshed to convert the world to their entirely made up belief of Christo-Polytheism: father, son and Holy Ghost.

So I guess the difference in Jesus and Travesser is Emerpor Constantine won't kill me if I don't worship Travesser.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

not to mention much bloodshed to convert the world to their entirely made up belief of Christo-Polytheism: father, son and Holy Ghost.

So I guess the difference in Jesus and Travesser is Emerpor Constantine won't kill me if I don't worship Travesser.

well, Constantine isn't around anymore, but Jesus is.. though it be in heaven, He's still within reach of a mere thought. Constantine was not baptised untill he was on his deathbed, and used the newly born christian religion in a political way, only caring about how it was effective in subdueing the people.. perhaps before he died he got to his senses, but he did give christianity a very bad start.

As far as your confusement about it being Polytheïstic, Jesus Prayed to God the Father, clearly showing the relationship between them... and the difference.. The Father God, Jesus the beloved Son. The Holy Spirit is the spirit sent from the Father, wich is of the Father, like Jesus is. So no poly-gods... just God the Father, his Son and his Spirit.

The "me" that is in you is you spirit, right? In the vessel wich is your body. You are not multiple persons, just because distinguishment is made between spirit, body and soul?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phiniks
Where does that quote come from, dAlen?

Hope this helps:

John 10:33-34 N.A.B.
The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because you, being man, make Yourself out to be God."

Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I said, YOU ARE GODS'?

So here we have 2 things: (actually 3)
1) The Jewish leaders clearly state that the issue is with Jesus calling himself God.
2) Jesus, now defends himself by stating that the Law says "YOU ARE GODs"
The point here, is according to Christian belief, there would be no need for "God" to defend himself in such a way.
3) My 3rd point goes to the original verse where it says, "The JEWs answered him".
I have noticed it appears to say "The Jews" quite a bit when it is referring to times when certain Pharisee's address Jesus.
Saying, "The Jews answered" is almost implying a separation between Jesus and the Jewish nation as if he is not Jewish. (How can Jesus, a Jew, answer himself). This kind of translation gives rise to the conflict between Jews and Christians. Statements like the Jews killed Christ. Well, Jesus killed himself, as he to was Jewish. (Actually, he said that he laid his life down, and that no one can take it...)
But there is the argument that Jews are cursed because they said, "let his blood be on us and on our children". Well, then Jesus, a Jew, is cursed to? The disciples, jews, are cursed to? Well, no, it appears that the Jewish label gets rubbed off and they turn into Christians. (So Jesus converted to I suppose?

This is rather lengthy, but interesting none the less.

Judaism has never held that one individual is God, nor are the messiah's alone God.
(yes two, and no not including the anti-christ)

Messiah ben yosef
Messiah ben david

Gods Peace

dalen

[edit on 9-4-2006 by dAlen]

top topics

join