It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury reaches verdict in Moussaoui case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Jury has reached a verdict in the Zacharias Moussaoui case, and it will be announced in one hour, at 4PM EST. This just in from Fox News.

Details to follow.

Edit: This phase is to determine whether he is eligible for the death penalty. The only question that the jury has had for the judge was, what constitutes a WMD.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes on all counts HMMMM

Death penalty yup.

Wuz next?

Hang him high or Weecktric Chair; Lethal injection is too good for him

[edit on 4/3/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have a feeling some rules in the system are going to be changed after this case.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So now that he has been determined eligible for the death penalty, the next step will be the impact phase of the trial:

The jury's verdict means the trial will continue with additional witnesses and evidence. The jurors now must decide whether Moussaoui will be executed for his role in the 9/11 deaths.

In the second phase of the sentencing trial, prosecutors plan to tell the jury stories of dozens of September 11 victims. About 40 relatives will describe the impact of their losses.

Defense witnesses are expected to describe Moussaoui's troubled family history, his struggles with racism and relocation in France and his vulnerability to radical fundamentalist Islamic recruiters. His mother may return from France to testify. Mental health experts are expected to say Moussaoui is schizophrenic.
CNN

If he is sentenced to death, he may be considered a martyr by other fanatics. As the jurors left the courtroom, he was shouting "You'll never get my blood. God curse you all."

Ironic, since not long ago he was saying that he wanted to be a martyr. Maybe he thought that the American justice system would ultimately set him free.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Most excellent, I tend to think that if a jury says your eligible for the death penalty then you most likely will be sentenced to death. And I too think that lethal injection is too good for that scum, I would prefer we send him to old sparky.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It is times like this I wish he was being tried by a military court. As I understand it they only have a firing squad or hanging as the method used, but I could be wrong.

new topics

top topics

join