It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if we are all looking in the wrong direction?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
OFF topic i think.....

I was playing pool yesterday and got three balls in by accident.
I did NOT choose for this to happen, yet there it was, a cool shot
for all to see. Does this mean I had already done that shot and
should have known about it ?

from how this sounds...no

if you were to know of everything that happened in your future life, and past from since you were born think...that would be one huge mental shock.

So somewhere in your memory or spirit, or in death, someone or someting will keep you from remembering.

or that is what i think..

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
does anyone agree with my point i had made?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew14rp
I may be wrong but I believe I have reliable evidence in my time of research that this may infact be right.

But one last idea. Maybe Atlantis was infact in the past, but is now lost due to thousands of years of earthquakes, tsunamis, continentil drift, and many natural occurances.

I think that's more accurate--although I think it was indeed the past--lost from a mistake which caused inundation with waters--radiation, somehow, contaminating the lands, which were reversed and the land became the sea and the seabeds became the lands. Not completely, but in part.

'Time' as an illusion, I agree with that, too. But it is neither linear or circular--time is a result of mortality. We live, make memories for our brains, somehow imprinting in our DNA, and we die and go back to the ground. Nowadays, people are pickled but their blood is drained--where does that blood go? Eventually back into the earth, no doubt.

I digress..
We measure time by people being born and then dying, and nations rising and falling, and events such as wars. These are all punctuations of death.

Surely the idea of 'past' and 'future' are more about life than death--what has happened lays the groundwork for what will be later on...there must be a foundation for a house to exist.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Interesting concept, and if you believe the soul is eternal (which I do) then perhaps not only Atlantis, but the escalating growth of technology today is a result of our connections to our memories (past and future) from the spiritual side of our existence. Perhaps learning new things is not always done by taking two ideas and creating a new abstract idea out of them, but the new idea is formed from a connection to our future self. Eureka? Inspiration?

Perhaps at some point in history, we were dumbed down or in otherwords; lost our connection to our spirit - severely. Maybe recently we are being prepared to reconnect with our spiritual self and what we see as "discovery" is nothing more than a quickening.

If you have read about the tales of Atlantis, and its utopian attributes, it seems plausible that what it is supposed to be could be something we long for as a dwelling place based on our souls desires. I guess I will wait and see.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am still on the fence about both Atlantis and the theory this thread puts forth.

Einstein said something similar to what this thread discusses, didn't he? He put forth the theory that "all time is now" - something about all things occurring at the same time and they only seem to be occurring in a linear manner. I think that may be relevant to what is being discussed here.

Maybe someone more versed in physics knows what I am referring to and has more information about Einstein's theory.
Anyone?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
i have no knowledge of quantum physics or any of that jazz, but can hypothesize with the best of them

i've had a couple ideas similar to this before, one i would call the "lord of the rings" theory...where lotr is set in a 3rd age of earth. what if these ages were all just reincarnations of themselves and "time" itself is truly a loop that our collective consciousness perpetually creates? it would explain deja vu, clairvoyance, etc.

i have another one, involving the relation of atlantis to mayan/egyptian technology(being connected in some way, that is). what if they learned architecture, math, science, etc. from humans from the future? perhaps "atlantis" was a future civilization that gets wiped out from catastrophic natural disasters, and they took their knowledge to a time earlier than when technology first arrived(in the "first cycle") in hopes of speeding up the technological process of all mankind so that we can determine a way to prolong our own existence in the face of this grave fate? similar to the theory proposed in this topic but without the actual loop of linear time, just the altering of it by our own will

my brain hurts

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Jah, so you're saying that Atlantis may be in our future instead of our past? I kinda doubt it, but I do think that remembering post-lives (however rare they may be) can indeed give us insight into future knowledge.

There are studies that use regretion hypnosis to take you back before you were born. Unversity of Toronto has/had one. Don't know if it works the other way

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tenlaius
So somewhere in your memory or spirit, or in death, someone or someting will keep you from remembering.

or that is what i think..

Not bad

Your soul, as it is your soul that sits in judgement over your past life, and decides your next incarnation...

Imagine if you were a King in a previous life, and now were a miserable cripple living in a third world nation... [there to learn a lesson your soul has set for you] You wouldn't focus on the lesson very well.

Imagine you were Hitler last time around... you catch the drift

Look into some Eastern Mystism and Tibet Buddhism...

Also remember that time for us is linear, not so for the soul

[edit on 11-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm truly loving this theory, very interesting thread so far. I also have an idea about the atlantis story. Could it be that the Atlantis story is just a story made up to teach a lesson to the people of the world? It could mean that all great societies will have a great chance of 'falling'. Atlantis was told to be an evolved society too, but in the end it just didn't last. Just like the Persian, Roman and Greek empire couldn't.

Maybe the atlantis story is partial prophecy, and partial warning?

I was playing pool yesterday and got three balls in by accident.
I did NOT choose for this to happen, yet there it was, a cool shot
for all to see. Does this mean I had already done that shot and
should have known about it ?

I think it's not like you SHOULD have, but you COULD have known. I'll give an example of what I mean, a few weeks ago I was watching a soccer match from the World Cup, one of the Dutch players got a free-kick, and somehow, I just knew that this free-kick was going to be a goal... and guess what, he scored it.
Ofcourse you can say that maybe I always think a free kick is going to be a goal because i'm desperateley hoping it to be, but still it's kinda strange cause I don't usually get that feeling.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSuchAgency
I'm truly loving this theory, very interesting thread so far. I also have an idea about the atlantis story. Could it be that the Atlantis story is just a story made up to teach a lesson to the people of the world?

You're partially correct. Plato made the story up as a critique of the city-state of Athens. But we could all learn a (somewhat elementary) lesson from it, suppose.

Harte

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman
The Mayan Calendar does not "end" at 2012..there are dates recorded that extend well past that point in time.

what happens is the end of one cycle, and the beginning of another cycle. Mayans do not view time as linear, but as cyclical. in 2012, one cycle ends.

it is not the end of the world, it is not armageddon....there would probably have been the next cycle recorded, but the spanish killed millions of mayans, and burned their literature and science in fires that lasted for 4 months, night and day.

2012 is the last cycle and then something happens,maybe the 9 cycles restart, who knows... they've been counting the cycles from about 16.4 billion years ago back before they even existed, this means they knew something about their past somehow.And why did they start from 16.4 Bill. years ago? heck if i know.

2012 is the end of the 9th cycle,the trully end of all cycles,the top of the piramide cycle,we are in the 8th currently. I think we're in the 5th day of the 8th cycle.(7days and 6 nights in each cycle)
look into Ian Lungold's vids as he explains it.

Believe me, if there was anything at all occult about the Mayan Calendar, wouldn't it have told them not to trust the Spaniards? Huh? That the Spaniards ain't Quetzlcoatl? Huh? Huh?

Actualy they did know,but history was meant to be. They can not alter the history as they predict.And there is still mayan people that continue the culture, they're not extincted like most people think.

And you can't deny that they owned the most perfect calendar in the world.It has the smallest margin error of time, yet to be equaled by any of todays calendars.

Back to topic,i think this a good theory, yet i would like to add that history allways repeats it's self, it's a cycle, it's where past and future meet , so there is a chance that Atlantis might be under there somewhere, waiting for it's birth.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This whole thing makes sense. Congrats to Jah Il, fine thread. What if we really are looking in the wrong TIME. Maybe it didn t hapen yet. This explains a lot of other things for example the Deja Vu thing and the precisity of the Pyramids, it explains even the prophecies made by "prophets". Maybe they are no prophets, maybe time left something in their memory, well who knows.

PS read about Edgar Cayce

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jah Il
I had a thought the other day...

I was watching "what the bleep", and it came to me.

What if....we were looking in wrong....time?
but in accuality...is hasent taken place yet

maybe it was a prophesy....or if you don't like that word......a mathmatically computated equation, like the ones they use to tell us how fast computers are gonna be by 2012....except showing us how ultimately we end up. "nirvana", "new jerusalem", "shambala"....

like i said, just a thought to share...have at it.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Jah Il]

i totally agree with this. maybe it was a mathematical equation(all things are a mathematical equation) for atlantis to come of age...soon....sooner than we think actually. the "new atlantis" is being built right under our noses. maybe not so much a prophesy but a idea that has been passed on for centuries. by whom you ask and why a "new" atlantis.....

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've read articles that try to explain this. Basically time is the thing that we all have an issue with. As one bumper sticker says "Time prevents everything from happening at once"

But perhaps time is a constraint that we percieve during our existance here on earth but when we move to the next plain of existance perhaps time is somehow different. Perhaps time is like a distance in that existance. So just like we can now journey across our world perhaps in a different plain of existance we can travel across time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join