It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if we are all looking in the wrong direction?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I had a thought the other day...

I was watching "what the bleep", and it came to me.

What if....we were looking in wrong....time?
In order for this to be accurate, we would have to belive a few things....
1) not only do past lives exist...they can be 1000's of years in the future, and yet still be "past" lives
2)we are able to bring back a small part of that consceinceness with us
3)our sub conscience is recalling this information as if had already occured..
like we feel its been thousands of years that atlantis has been around, but in accuality...is hasent taken place yet

i dunno maybe its stupid...but it would certainly explain why we are having a hard time finding verifyable evidence, why there are only scattered tales of it, and even why none of the technolgy survived. Maybe it wasn't a story at all......maybe it was a prophesy....or if you don't like that word......a mathmatically computated equation, like the ones they use to tell us how fast computers are gonna be by 2012....except showing us how ultimately we end up. "nirvana", "new jerusalem", "shambala"....

like i said, just a thought to share...have at it.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Jah Il]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I dont understand completly. But sounds really interesting. Could you explain the part where past lifes are 1000 years old and still be in the past ?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not sure what you mean. Please explain more.

Do you mean looking the wrong way in time? You can only see in front of you can't you, not behind, so I guess suppose what we see (the past) is in front of us and still to happen.

What if time was a loop and repeats itself?

Or do you mean the universe may only exist in our consciousness and the reality is the illusion?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Jah, so you're saying that Atlantis may be in our future instead of our past? I kinda doubt it, but I do think that remembering post-lives (however rare they may be) can indeed give us insight into future knowledge.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think he means that there is no time and existance just "is" so that these "past" lives could also be from the future (ie: my past life was from a guy in 2156).

This seems to be heading straight toward the fate vs choice wall.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OK...I drew a picture cuz I am not good explaining things with words.....u might have to zoom....

are we searching for Atlantis...or are we MAKING Atlantis, using memories that we have stored from FUTURE lives.
This could explain the spontaneous eruption of technology, astronomy, and not to mention, mathamatics...
And the different locations, but similar structures

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Jah Il]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think he means that there is no time and existance just "is" so that these "past" lives could also be from the future (ie: my past life was from a guy in 2156).

yes that is what im talking about.....and fate vs. choice...that is absolutly true.

The legend of Atlantis, by evidence, is seeming more and more intangible!! And some of these persons(including me) that swear they "know" it existed, they feel it existed, and I can't doubt their feelings on it either. They just don't lie about stuff. And they feel that Atlantis is...or was...tangible. Tangible enough to be in this "reality" or dimension of it.

And whats better... quantum physics, or mechanics....may back it up.

Its kinda like the soul question...we know its there, but we cant see it

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Could help to explain why the Mayan calender ends in 2012....after its many years of accurate predictions???

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The Mayan Calendar does not "end" at 2012..there are dates recorded that extend well past that point in time.

what happens is the end of one cycle, and the beginning of another cycle. Mayans do not view time as linear, but as cyclical. in 2012, one cycle ends.

it is not the end of the world, it is not armageddon....there would probably have been the next cycle recorded, but the spanish killed millions of mayans, and burned their literature and science in fires that lasted for 4 months, night and day.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutlawRiderCould help to explain why the Mayan calender ends in 2012....after its many years of accurate predictions???

Originally posted by toolman
The Mayan Calendar does not "end" at 2012..there are dates recorded that extend well past that point in time.

...what happens is the end of one cycle, and the beginning of another cycle. Mayans do not view time as linear, but as cyclical. in 2012, one cycle ends...

Let me also add that there have not been "many years of accurate predictions" associated with the Mayan Calendar, unless you mean the daily prediction that there will be a tomorrow. Other than this sort of "prediction," the Mayan Calendar makes no predictions at all!

Where do people come up with this stuff? And then just casually mention the "many accurate predictions" as if everybody knows how well the Mayans knew the future?

Believe me, if there was anything at all occult about the Mayan Calendar, wouldn't it have told them not to trust the Spaniards? Huh? That the Spaniards ain't Quetzlcoatl? Huh? Huh?

Please make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth (or in this case - your keyboard) in gear.

Harte

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
probably no one here understands time yet.
time is not a physical entity.
it is not tangible.
you cannot travel on it. it is a word to measure memory. not physical objects and events. the physical objects around us stay in the same exact time period, until we move them- then memory takes over and calls it's pre-moved state "then." if a gear moves 60 times, we call that one minute.

so basically we a measuring when something moved by how many times another thing moves and assigning those moves to numbers- and those said numbers to an increasing degree(i.e., seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, decades, centuries, and milleniums).

[edit on 4-6-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I must say, I found the premise to be extremely interesting.

I've also thought about this before. Many sources stress that wherever you go, when you die, it is timeless. I've heard it put in this way; when you die, you enter into a timeless place... could be heaven, could be realm... I don't know. But since there is no time, we all seem to get there at the same moment...instantaneously. I've always thought it was amazing to think about-- your grandfather could be dead for thirty years but when you, yourself, die... maybe you take that first step into the afterlife along with all your grandfather, your friends and family, at the same time. Going even further, I've heard Near-Death-Incident reports that say the person saw friends they hadn't yet met and family-members that were not yet born.... because there is no time.

Back to the subject, I think you make a great point chibidai_rrr... Time, as we know it, is not even a thing at all. It is not real. I've thought about that before too... if we didn't have a sun, in which our revolutions around it are measured and divided so that we can organize our memories into a "format" in which we can relate to everyone else, we might have another concept of time... but it would change. It would speed up or slow down because hypothetically, we would not have the sun to calibrate our own smaller and less accurate clocks. And if time can change, as a concept and as it surely would to us if we were to lose our current structure, then it only proves that time is relative and the meaning of it is only constructed by our current reality and way of thinking. So like you said, chibidai, time is not actually a real thing at all. It is an extremely intricate deviced invented by the human mind.

Addendum:

As it relates to souls, I think souls are independent of what we think of as time. I believe it's plausible that they're inserted into different points on different timelines in different dimensions and in different locations. Maybe we make the decision, pre-"birth" about when and where we're going to go. Or maybe it's decided for us... who knows. But I like this topic a lot.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by firebat]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is brilliant and actually makes sense. Atlantis hasn't been constructed yet, however there are many who know about it, the design and so forth so it probably will be built in the future at which point the future us will remember it and when we die and are recycled, then we will "remember" it from the past.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Did you mean that there might be a possibility that we retain memories of our forefathers in some form. Much the same as the instinct to survive that we are born with?

If so I have been giving that some thought, basing it on the life of the cuckoo's'. A bird raised by others yet does not take on its adopted parents habits but retains it own kinds life style to lay its eggs in anothers nest and to flee the scene.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Queen of the Damned
Did you mean that there might be a possibility that we retain memories of our forefathers in some form. Much the same as the instinct to survive that we are born with?

The "Childhood's End" theory of ancestral memory. In that book, Arthur C. Clark postulated a sort of "reverse ancestral memory" of what demons look like, which came to fruition when an alien species came to Earth (the Overlords) and they had pointy ears, pointy tails and hoofs.

Harte

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Jah Il, brilliant topic. This hypothesis puts the reincarnation theory in a whole new perspective.

The only problem with it is, according to the dramatic Atlantis history, after the sinking of the island the Atlantians fled to, amongst other places, ancient Egypt and had influence on that nations culture and history.

If it was in the future then it wouldn't be ancient Egypt that aquired and benifited from Atlantian knowledge.

But the premise of how the soul knows no time and how our past lives could have existed in what we understand as the future, is in my opinion, very likely.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I personally do not agree with this future idea and time idea. First of all if Atlantis was made by our forefathers then who made them?

You may reply that time is a loop and that their forefathers were themselves, but how can this be? If the go back won't they have already been there? So where would the "they that are already there" come from? Time is not a loop so there is no possibility of this. I believe time has a beginning but extends on forever. Stephen Hawking's theory that when a black hole is formed so also is a universe for it to connect to.

This is the beginning of a time that will last forever. Some may believe that the universe may end in gravitational collapse, but is there proof that the universe is not eternal as our ancestors, present day physicists (not all apparently), and even our gods? I believe that there is no future people coming to the past and creating us now.

I may be wrong but I believe I have reliable evidence in my time of research that this may infact be right.

But one last idea. Maybe Atlantis was infact in the past, but is now lost due to thousands of years of earthquakes, tsunamis, continentil drift, and many natural occurances.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can you tell me how to paste a picture and I will show you what I mean then incase you are confused with my writing.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
interesting..truely

with the theory of no time...you have reminded me of something
a quote from THe Oddyesy
"Time?What is time more than a mear illusion man has created for himself"

and if you take that into consideration with the near-death cases where people seen non-born family members, and non-meet friends...the author of that tale has a very good, and in a way true point.

Without time we would be lost. And if we were constinaly lost...we would die out.

even back to ancient times...they devised ways to 'keep' track of time, and since we never have derived from it.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Now that I semi understand it sounds realy realy amazing.
I am still having trouble getting my synaptic nerves to connect
and understan how future is past. How can time be future and
past. I understand the concept, I just dont see how its possible with
your choice of words. Maybe try some diffrent ones.. ?

Future is past which is behind us, so that makes present the future.

OFF topic i think.....

I was playing pool yesterday and got three balls in by accident.
I did NOT choose for this to happen, yet there it was, a cool shot
for all to see. Does this mean I had already done that shot and
should have known about it ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join