It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Domestic SAM Sites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just wondering...anyone found any domestic SAM sites on Google World?

I live and was born in Pensacola, FL where primary training for all Naval Aviators takes place and 40 miles to the east we have Eglin AFB in Ft. Walton Beach and 60 miles further to the southeast in Panama City is Tyndall AFB - home to one of the first deployed and operational F-22 Raptor squadrons.

Seems that with all of these military assets there are certain to be some SAM Batteries located around them but I have been unable to find any suspect sites on Google World and assume they are hidden.

Any ex-millitary photo analysts want to give it try?

Just curious,

W.E.S.B

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wild_Eyed_Southern_Boy
Just wondering...anyone found any domestic SAM sites on Google World?

Seems that with all of these military assets there are certain to be some SAM Batteries located around them but I have been unable to find any suspect sites on Google World and assume they are hidden.

Any ex-millitary photo analysts want to give it try?

Just curious,

W.E.S.B

SAM batteries are concealed in peace times for security reasons. The idea is to keep them away for the spy sattelites that pass overhead. Also many of them, like the Hawk and Patriot missiles are moble.

Word of the wise: If you ever see SAM sites out in the open, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! They Only come out when we are under attack! Hint you other clue will be the Air Raid Sireens blaring around you.

Tim

new topics

join