It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-5 crashes at Dover AFB

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"Nice" pics...
what a luck nobody was killed...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Can that aircraft be rebuilt or is it a total loss? It looks like a waste to throw something that is mostly intact. Glue anybody?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
they'll just scrap it an turn it all into military dumpsters..... or maybe e-4 an below housing =) lol

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Can that aircraft be rebuilt or is it a total loss? It looks like a waste to throw something that is mostly intact. Glue anybody?

Prob cannibalize the good parts and destroy the rest. I am sure the avionics are still useable, and possibly the engines, its hard to say.

Yes it is a big mother, I flew in one from Okinawa to mainland Japan.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That thing would never fly right again after that much damage. I've seen planes that were just the tiniest bit off for one reason or another (slight twist to the backbone, wings not jigged perfect) and they always flew funny. You never try to rebuild a plane after that much damage.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
bird probably got sucked into the engine

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If you look at the pictures you can see the emergency slides coming out from the passenger cabin on the top of the fuselage behind the wing. If you figure that everyone was strapped in for take off then there would be no one in the cargo area. Both the cockpit and the passenger area look intact so I'm not surprised that no one was killed. I am willing to bet that the people who got soaked in fuel, were soaked upon exiting the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
kinda hard to tell, but I'm not sure that's soot on the wing above where engine number one was supposed to be. It could be fuel or oil staining the wing. Also, it looks like they hosed down the area around that broken wingtip with AFFF just to be sure there wouldn't be any fire. Probrably a few less obvious areas as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
on those photos I cant see where the huge tail ended up

heres a picture that shows the plane with the tail end.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As a former resident of Dover AFB's housing complex I know one of my biggest fears was one of those Leviathans coming down on my head. It's a good thing it was in a field. I feel bad for their maintenance squadrons, I bet they go ta good ream foe that incident.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i would hope so considering that a friend of mine who worked him for a total of 30 seconds before he declared an emergency and returned to dover approach ended up sitting around all day writing up incident reports and waiting for a urinalysis team to come out and test him. all for 30 seconds in which it became pretty apparant after listening to the tapes that he was absolutely no factor in the accident. they damn well better have gone over every tech that came into contact with that aircraft with a fine tooth comb.

if they had departed thirty minutes later it would have been me.....and i absolutely abhor paperwork.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join