It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Animals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is a known fact that animals such as cats and dogs have special qualities when it comes to smelling, hearing, & tasting. There have been numerous reports of dogs howling whenever something threatening is nearby or if someone dies quite a distance away....

Cats have been known to exhibit the same qualities in many of the above mentioned scenarios also. In fact one cat named Emmy suddenly bolted and ran off the Empress Of Ireland back in May of 1914. The ship was getting steam up and taking on passengers. Emmy's behaviour startled the crew and numerous attempts to coax her back onboard failed. Reportedly Emmy was so frightened she left behind her litter of kittens. Other reports state that Emmy took her little brood off one by one...
Several hours later The Empress Of Ireland was slammed into its side by another ship and sunk in 14 minutes with the loss of 1014 lives...

Before the eruption on Mt. Pelee in the Caribbean, several animals were seen bolting from the island. Birds such as parrots and myna birds reprotedly killed themselves trying to escape from their cages.....

So it seems our animal friends have a sense of the foreboding inspite of their superior human owners...

Have you had any interesting experiences with animals regarding supernatural occurences ?

I've also heard that animals such as cats like to rub up against people with heart ailments or cancer to point out exactly where the malady is. In fact dogs have been reported to howl before someone goes into an epiliteptic seizure...

Animals can be effective physicians sometimes !

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well I have a Dog but I've never noticed anything unusual like that. Although I've heard stories about it though.

kim

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It was reported some time ago (cant remember where) that small infants start with some psychic power but then lose it after around a year or 2
i have noticed that occasionally, my dog and the 11 month baby in our house both gaze in the exact same spot of air- even if there is nothing there. After this, Val claims that she saw a ghost and that she feels prescences- i dont know whether this is bull or not but she's a full grown woman and not crazy- much

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
thats a good point, very young children seem to have a connection with animals. i dont think they can communicate, but they seem to understand eachother in a way.

My dog isnt psychic tho, he's a dumbass. i set his tail on fire once and he chased it and chased it and...HAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHA...HA...hahaha..ha..ahem...

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As far as infants go, the basic theory is that they haven't yet been "indoctrinated" in the physical world until they get some growing done, so they're senses are more tuned to the immediate environment without being distracted by the more "mundane" things.

As for animals, they don't rely upon their eyes as much as humans do & their other senses are more effective for picking up on the more subtle "clues" in the environment that may indicate an oncoming disaster.

Some theories say that earthworms are the most sensitive creatures when it comes to predicting an oncoming earthquake...They've been observed going into a "burrowing frenzy" before an earthquake that people could detect.

As for the cat abandoning ship, the cat's clue might have been that she noticed the rats leaving...There's quite a bit of documentation to support the idea that rats "know" when it's time to get off at a ship's "last port".

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The only stuff like this that I've heard is when an earthquake or volcanic eruption is about to happen. Because of the animal's sensitve feet or other reason, they start going berserk, and have been known to stampede out of zoos, sometimes killing people as a result.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ok that is messed up dont set your dogs tail on fire. As far as the animals having more insight to their surondings i believe that. Dogs and cats dont think as much as humans do and relay more on their senses. So their senses become sharper and better because they use them more.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I hate it when my dog will just stare at nothing....It really creeps me out

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Now I know why my cat is so weird.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok, get serious, people.
When he was just a pup, he would make gruntal sounds if you spoke to him. As he got older he began to try to talk more and more. If a couple of us were outside sitting and chating he would come up and began making these changing vocal sounds and we would have to quit talking because if we ignored him he would just get louder. To a soul, everyone who ever met him was amazed at the effort he made in trying to speak.

We would carry on conversation, spot and I, almost every day. Of course, I didn't understand a word he was saying and sometimes I could tell it agraviated him.
He was able to understand a lot of my english words, and was very easy to train.
I have owned a lot of dogs in my life, but never have I seen one so determinded to speak the english language.
He has gone on now, at age 10 and as he was passing, I told him that I sure was going to miss him.
He replied best he could and in a language only he could understand, and died in my arms.
The night he died, all the dogs in the neighborhood howled all night long.
He was my best friend and I will miss him.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think dogs and cats just stare into space because they're stupid.

But seriously, i think its just a brain lapse in their mind or something...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheaisdumb
I think dogs and cats just stare into space because they're stupid.

But seriously, i think its just a brain lapse in their mind or something...

Do your research before making such an asinine assumption. As to children being very psychic, this is very true up till school age, where children are taught to "stop daydreaming" pay attention....and to think "inside" the box. Also, we lose more and more of our abilities by being surrounded by concrete and cement.....many no longer make an effort to stay connected to nature!

www.levity.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.health-alliance.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Do your research before making such an asinine assumption.

Agreed

We've got 2 cats in our house and their behaviour at times is strange and it seems to coincide with events around the house, with people or with the weather.

Before a storm or change of weather, they become restless and more "vocal"
Another instance which I noticed, which I thought was weird, was the 2nd cat (Leo) would never..i mean, never go on anyone's lap, but one day he started going on my mum's lap out of the blue, she was then diagnosed with cancer.
The same happened to my step dad, he started going on his lap which he never used to do, my step dad then had health problems as well
It might be a coincedence, but who knows.

When they were young and upstairs during the night time, they'd both stare at the same area of my room with black eyes and they'd do this as if something were watching me or them, it was creepy.

They stopped doing it after a while, but it was funny them both doing it at the same time.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Deimos]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
well you may or may not be right...but i just wanted to get some points, hehe

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Posting for point is frowned upon quite sternly. If you wish to participate in the discussion or debate a point, please do. If not, don't post at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Shame on you. I have only been on this site a short while, but I have found it, and most of it's members to be people that are honestly interested in discussion, others views and opinions and seeking truth. Posting in order to just "gain points" cheapens an otherwise wonderful board! That's not the just of this place!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My dog was very close to both my aunt and my grandfather. The Christmas after my aunt died, we took flowers up to the cemetary. My dog never knew my grandmother and did nothing at her grave, but when we went to my aunts grave, she layed down near the stone and started whimpering. The same thing happened a few days ago when we took her up to my grandfather's grave.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Bruno:
Wow, pretty nice story.

My hamster sometimes will stand on it's both legs and stare at something moving, it really freaks me out, because it stops what it's doing and looks at the "thing" moving. Sometimes I feel the presense of someone when he does that.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
well my cat one time freaked out and clawed me in the face until i couldnt see anything but dark red (blood for all you slow people on the web) but besides that nope nothing

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
ding! now i understand all the freaky\stupid stuff animals do!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join