It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1994 NASA test involved 110 landings of Boeing 737 with GPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Crows Landing Facility (NASA)

Name: Crows Landing Facility (NASA)
Category: Research and Development
Archive ID#: CA3033

Description: Crows landing is a 1,500 acre NASA facility in the Central Valley of California that was transferred to the County in 1999, and is undergoing clean-up by the Navy for eventual civilian use. It was a Naval Auxiliary Air Station for decades, serving Moffett Field (located in Silicon Valley), and flight research at NASA's Ames Lab (also at Moffett). NASA aquired it from the Navy with the transfer of Moffett Field to NASA in 1993, and it has been used by NASA sporadically. A 1994 test at the site, for example, involved 110 landings of a 737 airliner using an experimental GPS navigation system.

(POINT(-121.1078893325 37.412109375))
(show on map)

Address: CA
Stanislaus County

Visitor Info: On the intersection of Ike Crow Road and Bell Road. Visible faintly from Interstate 5.

Links: www.efdsw.navfac.navy.mil/Environmental/CrowsLanding.htm

LCS: Aviation, Former Defense Site, R&D

Source: The Center for Land Use Interpretation

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So? Even the aircraft involved in 9/11 had full Autopilot and Auto-Land systems.
I even saw a program where the ex-pilot husband of one of the flight attendants said he could tell her how to make the plane land itself if they took it back over from the hijackers.

www.rockwellcollins.com...

I thought it was common knowledge, I've said it before a number of times but people arn't interested

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
im sure there's a point to this thread but im not sure what it is, or why its in the 911 conspiracies section.

are you implying a connection between nasa, gps systems and the planes hitting the towers? something like this - www.globalsecurity.org...

an explanation of your reason for posting the article would be useful

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
im sure there's a point to this thread but im not sure what it is, or why its in the 911 conspiracies section.

are you implying a connection between nasa, gps systems and the planes hitting the towers? something like this - www.globalsecurity.org...

an explanation of your reason for posting the article would be useful

Some people who believe that all or most of the planes hit their targets believe they most likely were flown via remote control/GPS etc. (It shouldn't have been that hard to figure out why I posted it here.)

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah, but wouldn't a link like mine from the manufacturer of the flight director system be more useful? One that details the capabilities of the hardware/software?
Here it is again:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Yeah, but wouldn't a link like mine from the manufacturer of the flight director system be more useful? One that details the capabilities of the hardware/software?
Here it is again:

Cool, I added that to my site.

top topics

join