It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO and ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just a thought...

What are the likely goals of a COINTELPRO that would affect the conspiracy theory community?

First, a complete compilation of exactly what information is available to the general public, what kind of discussion is taking place related to that information, and how close to the "truth" the public is getting.

Second, a way of keeping the public a little off center, and discredited in the event that people were getting "too close" to the "truth".

In this event, starting a conspiracy theory discussion board complete with others of like mind certainly is the perfect way to keep tabs on exactly what is circulating in the general public, who knows what information, where information is coming from, and what conclusions are being drawn about that information.

Doesnt ATS meet that criteria?

For the second criteria, in the event that too much accurate information is being circulated, and too many accurate conclusions are being drawn, it is important to be able to "shut it down" if need be. The easiest and fastest way to do this is to discredit that information.

In an online community, taking that information, or the basis or source of the information in question, setting up a very sensational story or event around it, and then letting it collapse as a "joke" or exposing someone as a "hoax" would be a very effective method for controlling just how "close" people got to the "truth".

How many times has this happened on ATS?

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
1.) WITD - Arives with secrets to share.

2.) Secrets are Decoded as Similar Events Happen.

3.) WITD is gone. Rumors Build. Confusion of Credibility.

4.) WITD original posts are made semi-private and edited, yet still remain. Rumors Continue about Credibility.

5.) Mods point to other Mods as Being Disinfo Creators.

6.) Mods now represent a possible enemy!

7.) Distrust and Secrets turn to sides being picked.

Did I miss a step???

Who benifits??? At who's Cost??? For what Reason???

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Watch this space:

I may not be here tomorrow.....

Seems I touched a nerve...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
oh, relax. we're all being tagged. prison or death is the question.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No, Im talking about being gone from ATS

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
dragonrider

Hang around at least a decade more.

Your investigative abilities, technical knowledge and discipline are invaluable to the community at large.

I have personally retired from discussing the WITD/shhh scenarios as points of interest at ATS, because it is impossible to convert some of the half-truths to full truths in an environment where information might be withheld, and also, for me, I don't know nearly enough about IP spoofing to follow through the whole track on who/where WITD was.

But it was interesting to have dialogue with the guy, and to watch the different styles of interpretation by members of what had happened before it became abundantly clear that the guy did not anticipate Jakarta.

RIP WITD.

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What are you saying Dr?
Im not sure wether or not we are being watched on this here site.
And im not too sure wether or not WITD was a hoax created by the mods.
but what I do know is that whatever the Mods do they do for the best of this forum and its members.
Deep

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, it seems that one of my ideas to start a thread here in RATS, which would have been a critical analysis of nothing more than how W (cant say his whole name now) posts relate to real-world current events. NOthing else. No rehashing of it being real or a hoax.

This idea was heartily vetoed by admin.

A vote is currently being taken on my future.

Stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I may be the only one here willing to stand by you.

I don't know what to make of this situation, what evers happens. I have seen this event from a non participant perspective the whole way. I am in absolute agreement with you about the discloser of this, and other issues.

You and everyone else who has spent a good amount of time here at ATS knows the modus operandi, I don't ever expect anything to truly change in the individuals who are involved. Nor do I want them to, they know who they are.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ADVISOR,

Thanks man, at times like this, you see who the real friends really are.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
William being a COINTELPRO agent

I cannot express how deeply I resent the implications being bantied about here about my intentions.

Some time ago, when ATS was faced with monthly downtime and horrific performance from it's web hosting provider, I decided to help by improving the features, technology, and performance, as well as pay for a dedicated server. While I never expected thanks, I certainly didn't expect this.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have joked

You seem to have missed this part of the quote...

For someone who is so interested in "not taking ourselves so seriously", and an occassional "joke", would have thought you would have seen the humor in that...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I am sorry DR but if you arn't here tomorrow then its no ones fault but your own.

Attention seeking threads like this over a topic that we all wish would just go away and I have talked to you over an extended period about, are really not on.

Don't make yourself out to be the persecuted victim, you are not.

Some of us are just fed up with such adolescent and paranoid behaviour.

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
regardless of "if that was the case" we've all learned a great deal from each other....

DR, I think I see a dead horse somewhere ...

*pitches in...and continues to kick the dead horse...*

I doubt it's the case, but an interesting idea....of course, one might think we were paranoid...no?

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If DR disappears, its my fault

I dont understand tho, why his ass would be ridden about his continued searching into the W issue, it still has left many unanswered questions, no matter what side of the fence youre on.

This IS a conspiracy site, hoaxes, real events, ect are constantly debated non stop. Why not this one?

For those who still believe, the olf W threads provide a focus, or reference, for current events today and the relation of them to the world.

We allow people to discuss grey aliens and reptiles taking over on here, but why not a real human being whose credibility is still being questioned?

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Skadi

So Speiche VerdeckterAvatara:

Es ist eine Abdeckung oben !

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Attention seeking threads like this over a topic that we all wish would just go away and I have talked to you over an extended period about, are really not on.

*15,15*
NC, these topics shouldn't go away.
Should we stop discussing 9/11 because people died?
Should we stop discussing JFK because it's too "dangerous".
To ignore possibilities is, initself, ignorant at its maximum.

I'll be the first to say it, we all get paranoid at one time or another.
DR, you do sound a little more paranoid then usual.
However, William, government, a bad guy?

William's more clean then most of us.
He spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME fixing this site to be one of "them".
Also William, I extend my apologies over the no intro thread, I meant it to be more of a reccomendation, not a rule.
I will refrain from such activities again.

Cheers, hopes, and regret... all in one post...
- Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
MA,

Vieleicht du hast rechts,

aber es ist mein Fehler, denn am Freitag, ich suche fuer die Herr Whispers, und finde es nicht. Ich Frage Herr DR, wo sie geht, und, ich offne viele Probleme.

Es tut mir leid mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut jetzt, es war so viele jahre vor wann ich war im Deutschland mit Deutscher zu mitsprechen, und neiman hier kann, sie alle sprechen Spanisch.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Your knowledge of Elvish gets more impressive with each passing day, Skadi.

dragonrider is here.

Seems like business as usual.

I am still retired from discussion about quietly spoken nocturnal harbingers of doom, but I appreciated your post.

In order of competency, my languages (though thoroughly incompetent) are English, Spanish, Russian, German, French, Japanese, Czech and Elvish.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The decision hasnt been made just yet...

Watch this space....

Could be interesting...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join