It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO and ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have joked (well, half-joked) about William being a COINTELPRO agent, based on his past as an investigator with a UFO agency. Most all UFO investigation agencies were well known to have been infiltrated to the highest levels by federal agents, and a number of actions were taken to completely discredit these organizations, suspiciously similar to the original COINTELPRO operations of the FBI.

Now, stop and think exactly what are the main goals of COINTELPRO?

COINTELPRO's of the 1960s were thoroughly successful in achieving their stated goals, "to expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the enemies of the State.

Now, I would ask all members to review the more or less recent history at ATS, including a few more or less famous (to ATS members) events, and certain "hoaxes" or "jokes".

What do we see?

www.icdc.com...

*edit to insert link*

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by dragonrider]

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by dragonrider]

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We see the WITD threads that are obvious fakes and are being censored by the ATS moderators.

That fake got the FBI involved. ROFL!

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We see that WITD was real!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
DR, I think I see a dead horse somewhere ... Or this an FBI COINTELPRO-esque attempt at subverision?

Halloween does come up in 19 days you know.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Nope sorry buddy. He's a fake. The mods here want you to believe it's real. But it's not.

These posts will probably get censored/thrown in the bin like the last WITD threads showing it was a conspiracy made up by ATS mods and kept underwraps by ATS mods.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I see some very insightful thinking going on here... should have been done a while back I think....

You are right, Halloween is 19 days away...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I still haven't heard a good explanation for shhh's ip tracing to DOD nodes.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'll just say that I havent heard good explainations for a few things...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
DR,

You are presenting an very possible assumption. What better way to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the important information that is collected by a few key people as well as those few key people themselves than to Host the largest and best Site where such people and info gather?

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!"

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
DragonRider....If you want to know about WITD...talk to Netchicken. He's the one who was throwing the WTD stuff in the bin and keeping it under wraps.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
DragonRider....If you want to know about WITD...talk to Netchicken. He's the one who was throwing the WTD stuff in the bin and keeping it under wraps.

All I will say is that it is currently under discussion...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
DR,

You are presenting an very possible assumption. What better way to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the important information that is collected by a few key people as well as those few key people themselves than to Host the largest and best Site where such people and info gather?

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!"

So true. They could be reading everything we say here, tracing us down via our ip's, seeing if we are "terrorists" or people who should be taken away.

How many times here have you heard people from ATS say they are being followed by people like the FBI, or someone? Having vans parked out the front with poeple watching the house, looking through the windows?

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So true. They could be reading everything we say here, tracing us down via our ip's, seeing if we are "terrorists" or people who should be taken away.

How many times here have you heard people from ATS say they are being followed by people like the FBI, or someone? Having vans parked out the front with poeple watching the house, looking through the windows?

I have very few doubts that everything you said is true. However this also puts us in a position where everything here at ATS regardless of who posts it now has to be percieved as Info as well as Dis-info equally. Therefore we are basically right back where we started in finding out the truth. We now just have more material that needs filtering.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maj0m, You can doubt all you like. But i never lie intentionally at this site. It's about truth, and truth is what i like giving here.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does anybody know when WITD original posts were scrubbed?

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by kukla]

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
dude...those threads were scrubbed?? I didnt get a chance to read up on all of them, but were they in fact a sick joke by someone here or what?

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Maj0m, You can doubt all you like. But i never lie intentionally at this site. It's about truth, and truth is what i like giving here.

You misunderstand me. I am not doubting you or the fact that ATS is watched. The few doubts I may have would be toward some people and whether they are being watched for real or just their paranoia. But I have no doubt that it happens.

What I mean by all info being disinfo or info equally is how does anyone know who may be a disinfo agent if we consider even the Admins of ATS as suspects? Just like you for example, you can say you are here to tell the truth but REALLY how do I know that for sure. The only way is for me to filter ALL material by everyone to find the truth. So since we all were doing that before coming to ATS anyway, really all of us Truth Seekers really have just increased the amount of Possible Info and Disinfo to filter through in our quest to find the truth. You see what I mean....???

BTW, You were just an example. I'm not saying you're a disinfo agent or anything...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yes, WITD originals have been scrubbed. Why, I'm not sure. While I find the whole WITD episode fascinating, and was lucky enough to join during the midst of the scandal, hoax or not, his posts haven't really changed my thinking in anyway.

As far as disinfo on ATS and the gov keeping tabs on members...of course.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
yeah i get you Maj0m ;P

And yes it is true for those that dont know.

Admins or mods here at ATS created the WITD hoax.
And keep it under wraps from the viewing public by sending the exposing threads to the BIN.

I couldn't believe in a place that searches for the truth, they make a conspiracy and hide it like the government would.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think there's a lot more going on that we're not privy too. And some implications don't sit well with me.

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by kukla]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join