It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all drugs are bad i tell you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"The_Doctor, are you actually a doctor?

I'm just curious. "

No not a doctor just a well informed guy.

I am a Cannabis advocate,researcher and regular user. I hear all these myths of what Cannabis does to you or how it's a gateway drug.

Just because something is illegal does'nt make it bad. For instance women voting wasn't always legal but it is now and would you argue that women should not vote in this day and age?
Some legal things weren't always that good like slavery for instance would you agree that because it was legal it made it right to trade human life?

Proper education is the key to keep your kids off of drugs not giving them a mystique that attracts them to it. By putting commercials on tv to articles on the internet and magazines telling you how bad it is it adds to the mystique of the drug. If you tell a child not to jump on the bed the kid will jump on the bed for the sheer thrill of not getting caught and because it is forbidden and fun. Well marijuana is fun and forbidden too.

Now because kids have been lied to about pot they think the anti-drug guys lied to them about it all. Meth for example does to you what they said pot would do when i was in school. However they did not lie about it's effects yet younger people will not take those warnings seriously because they were lied to several times before.

The truth about narcotics is it is not regulated by the pharma's so inturn not legalized because no one has paid the right people yet and because marijuana doesn't have a Glaxo-Smith-Klien label on them like the opium in vietnam and afghanistan or the coc aine in columbia and other CA nations.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4th disciple
i dont care i gunna smoke weed anyway.

besides they say weed makes you sterile too. nut i got a kid now, and what is long term anyway ben somkin for 15 years. just had my first kid lasy year. most of my frineds that smoke got kids too. lol

ill never think weed is as bad as cigs no matter what they say

Brought to you by the "Just Say No" campaign.

I'd like to remind everyone about this attribute of our Terms & Conditions
2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Let's avoid the discussions of what you personally use to fry your brain cells... ok?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In my experience, I must say that I understand the reasons people would naturally feel against other people enjoying themselves, but I find that to be a sort of puritanical disrespect for facts and the feelings of other people. People that go around cracking jokes about those whom need to use marijuana or any other substance are simply ignoring the data. You can call those whom call for legalization all kinds of names, but it will never stop them. Maybe that attitude has been somehwat successful for the past 50 years but it's a minor hiccup in the history of mankind and one that will see it's demise within a decade or two. Confuse people with facts and they tend to run and call you names, such as "dude". I've always found the sort of rah rah mentality of winning and losing the major support column for the war on drugs. It's the us against them of politics and religion, only in this case applied to those whom seek easing of suffering. I've written papers in the 90's in college that helped pave the way for more medical marijuana rights while at the same time having no personal use for the substance, although I've never published those on the internet. It seems to me a simple idea to have legal access to all drugs for those that require the medical treatment and a complicating factor to restrain that access. If one were going to make a society in which respect for the wisdom of law were abundant one wouldn't set up in place massive hulking gargantuan legal apparatuses and interwoven police systems to enforce laws that grow with each passing day. It seems to me wisdom comes from deregulating the majority of drug laws. I find it highly unethical to tell other people what types of medical treatment they require or should use, especially on the basis of non-factual statements and religious conviction. As a religious person myself, I take offense when someone calls someone else a sinner for seeking treatment for medical conditions, in fact i think it's fair to say the person in question has no real understanding of the basis of religion as well. I hope this will help some of you take into account there are factual basis to many of the calls for legalization, I think most of you already agree, but what I would like to see is what information and documentation does this topic point to? No I was not joking about '___' or Albert Hoffman nor William S. Borroughs these are real people, investigate them yourselves if you doubt me.

Old ideas up in smoke, pot might help the brain
Businessman gets 21 months for growing marijuana in backyard

The Emperor Wears No Clothes: The Authoritative Historical Record of Cannabis and the Conspiracy Against Marijuana (Paperback)

Marijuana Myths Marijuana Facts: A Review Of The Scientific Evidence (Paperback)

Cancer Treatment & Marijuana Therapy: Marijuana's Use in the Reduction of Nausea and Vomiting and for Appetite Stimulation in Cancer Patients. Testimony
WVLT VOLUNTEER TV Knoxville, TN: Medical marijuana bill headed for study committee

The Crimson White Online - Bill would allow medical marijuana in Alabama

Poll: 4-1 Support for Medical Marijuana in Wisconsin

Medical Marijuana? Rhode Island Says Yes - New York Times

Hou se passes medical marijuana bill

Good news for the medical marijuana movement: pot proliferates brain cells and boosts mood

Federal interference hinders medical cannabis dispensary regulation, hurts patients

DEA raids medical marijuana clinics

Evangelicals Applaud Supreme Court Ruling on Medical Marijuana

Muscle Spasm, Pain & Marijuana Therapy : Testimony from Federal and State Court Proceedings on Marijuana's Medical Use (Paperback)

'___' faces an acid test as a pain killer

Psychedelic drug, '___'-25, likely to be legalized in Russian medicine

Hammer of Truth » The Internet, Revolution and '___': A Brief Review of a Recent Speech

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Old ideas up in smoke, pot might help the brain

Heh, I'll be a genious in no time!

MUA,HA,HA,HA,HAAAaAAaaaa

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden."

Drug use and information should not be censored. How will the kids learn to take a bong hit properly. Think about the children!!!

Drug use is a great topic to discuss since a lot of people are clearly still mis informed. People need to freakin grow up already drugs do not create criminals our own society does.

I am legally entitled to marijuana as i am infact a canadian card holder. This means i am exempt from the law. I can openly discuss smoking pot and growing it too. As for bongs and pipes etc they are not illegal to possess here in Canada as you can walk into any hemp or head shop and buy one. You can even buy seeds for the plant at the head shops here.

So I understand that for legal reasons you would not want your site associated with illicit drug use but talking about it is not law breaking. Up here in Canada we are entitled to free speech how about down in America?

You should change the rule above as it is in direct violation of free speech. I mean come on we can talk about government tech., aliens and David Icke but we can't talk about drugs? WTF mates!

Unless you are trying to supress the pro drug people and others as well so you can earn another $$$ off of those ads at the top of my screen. I know people who became millionaires from websites. Companies pay good money for ads on widley used websites.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Free Speech:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

In the mysterious cycle that seems to drive events and membership on ATS, a recent theme has begun repeating once again, that of "freedom of speech".

We've had a few ugly incidents of new members using their "right to freedom of speech" to create posts containing idiotic slander, name calling, and vulgarity (and then legal threats for taking action against one such member). So we thought it was time to remind everyone what's really going on here.

This is a privately owned and managed website. We are within our rights to establish standards by which we expect members to behave. These standards are clearly expressed in the Terms & Conditions which all have indicated they agree upon registration.

Freedom of Expression and the Free Exchange of Ideas are very important to us, and supported at all times. No topic is discouraged from discussion other than those that clearly conflict with our T&C, or that have an intent to cause conflict (such as posts containing racial hate messages) with our T&C.

Here, your "freedom of speech" is a privilege granted by the owner of this website. Any topic whatsoever can easily be discussed without insults, vulgarities, and taunting language. Our management style, organized structure, and efficient services are designed to created an environment in which members aspire to our higher standards, not scoff at them.

Now that this is clearly expressed, this thread will be included in the new member application message sent to registrants, and included in the U2U welcome message (each contains several important links to board features and guidelines). If you decide to test the limits of our T&C in this regard, you'll find our patience wearing thin.

Thanks for your time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

This thread is now closed.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
I can openly discuss smoking pot and growing it too.

You do understand that you can't discuss this on ATS, BTS or PTS?

Originally posted by The_DoctorYou should change the rule above as it is in direct violation of free speech.

There is no "free speech" on a privately owned discussion board. I'm sure you understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join