It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all drugs are bad i tell you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And to end this nonsense, lets look at the hard facts:
-Alcohol gets you the chicks.
-Drugs put you in jail, plus they make you look like you just woke up. All the time.

The end.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
-Drugs put you in jail, plus they make you look like you just woke up. All the time.

The end.

You can get chicks on other drugs (they might have to be on them too).

Ive looked "like I just woke up" from booze.

The end.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
if i repeat anything already said in this post, my apologies. its just that i seen the title on the main page and couldn't resist.

as a medic, i know a thing or two about med.'s

according to Taber's MEdical Dictionary:drug, (n) , any substance that has n effect on the body, beneficial or harmful.

i don't know if you used that title for your thread just to get attition(sp) or if you really think that ALL drugs are bad...

think about it. water has an effect on the body, as do oxygen. thus, both as classfied as drugs. are they bad as you suggest?

as a medic, there are many 'drugs' that myself and the crew i work with use 'drugs' to save lives and improve pt. comfort everyday

example:

O2 - every pt in my i come in contact w/ get high-flow oxygen
nitrogylyceren(sp) -almost every suspected cardiac arrest pt. getsds both O2 and nitro.
glucose - it is a miracle cure for hypoglycemic (low-blood suger) pt.'s
activated characoal - it may just keep a poising pt alive 'till we get to da 'pital
apsirin - an 81mg aspirin may save your life if taken as soon as C.A. symptons happen

having had my say, and it just a list of 'drugs' that i could think of off hand, you (the originator of this post) are either an narrow-minded idiot or you did not do your homework and fully think through what you were going to say before you put finger to keyboard.

i mean no disprespect to you a, and i value your opinon, but, gez, at leasst do a lil' research before you post.

Boots out

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid LunacyYou can get chicks on other drugs (they might have to be on them too).

Ive looked "like I just woke up" from booze.

The end.

All the time? And chicks on drugs are definately full of diseases sush as stupidity and AIDS.

The end of your nonsense.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Panzeroth]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
MOD EDIT ...........................

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Please keep in mind when posting, Talking about your personal drug use is not allowed,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thank you

[edit on 5-4-2006 by asala]

[edit on 5-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

All the time? And chicks on drugs are definately full of diseases sush as stupidity and AIDS.

The end of your nonsense.

Your nonsense ends only to begin again.

No booze doesn't make me "look like I just woke up" "all the time". Are you implying all other drugs make you "look like you just woke up" everytime they are used, regardless of how much is consumed/inhaled?

And chicks on drugs are definately full of diseases sush as stupidity and AIDS.

That's definetly an assumption...and an incorrect one at that.

Drugs put you in jail

Booze doesn't? :w:

[edit on 113030p://4u29 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I must pose the question that, if marijuana,which is naturally grown,and not added to at all is bad then why does the human brain have natural receptors to it?

en.wikipedia.org...

The brain responds to the thc in cannabis NATURALLY. This is theraputical for the body. It has also been proven that marijuanna does not damage the lungs like ciggarete smoke does. A new obesity drug "pill" is undergoing trials in the uk and us. Guess what? It directly affects the cannabinoids in the brain that cause excessive appetite "the munchies". The new drug supresses these receptors causing the brain to not send the signal to eat when it's not really hungry.

For some reason i cant find the article right now but will try tomorrow.All i can remember is the drug starts with and "A" If anyone can find it sooner it will be appreciated.

Also,peyote the natural form of '___' has recently been proven to not have long term brain damage like lsd. The native americans have known this for years,as they use in their religous practices.

www.cbsnews.com...

What i'm just saying is that drugs aren't black and white/good and bad. They shouldn't be abused or used by minors, but used for one's self exploration and understanding of the reality around us that we cant's perceive without them.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

The end.

*snip* Drinking makes you act like a herb who cant control himself. Cool chicks dont want herbs. Oh and as for the morning look... Its nothing that some eyedrops a shower and some hair gel cant fix.

Mod Edit: No need for the "look how pimpin I am" talk. Plenty of other forums for that.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well this all just proves my point, apparently you hippies
have taken just about enough drugs to erase the location that houses irony, sarcasm and understanding of exaggeration for the surface of your brains to understand that my previous comments were meant to be taken in such ways. Please stop having kids.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Panzeroth]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Well this all just proves my point, apparently you hippies
have taken just about enough drugs to erase the location that houses irony, sarcasm and understanding of exaggeration for the surface of your brains to understand that my previous comments were meant to be taken in such ways. Please stop having kids.

Or you could use emotes to help elucidate your sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
if i repeat anything already said in this post, my apologies. its just that i seen the title on the main page and couldn't resist.

as a medic, i know a thing or two about med.'s

according to Taber's MEdical Dictionary:drug, (n) , any substance that has n effect on the body, beneficial or harmful.

i don't know if you used that title for your thread just to get attition(sp) or if you really think that ALL drugs are bad...

think about it. water has an effect on the body, as do oxygen. thus, both as classfied as drugs. are they bad as you suggest?

as a medic, there are many 'drugs' that myself and the crew i work with use 'drugs' to save lives and improve pt. comfort everyday

example:

O2 - every pt in my i come in contact w/ get high-flow oxygen
nitrogylyceren(sp) -almost every suspected cardiac arrest pt. getsds both O2 and nitro.
glucose - it is a miracle cure for hypoglycemic (low-blood suger) pt.'s
activated characoal - it may just keep a poising pt alive 'till we get to da 'pital
apsirin - an 81mg aspirin may save your life if taken as soon as C.A. symptons happen

having had my say, and it just a list of 'drugs' that i could think of off hand, you (the originator of this post) are either an narrow-minded idiot or you did not do your homework and fully think through what you were going to say before you put finger to keyboard.

i mean no disprespect to you a, and i value your opinon, but, gez, at leasst do a lil' research before you post.

Boots out

ok my bad i should have been more specific, the drugs i meant was ones such as weed cocane meth tobacco ex, and so forth. im NOT referring to life of food as a drug but the drugs listed above instead.

and to clarify, again, im not telling people what to do or not to do i want to warn noobs that drugs is not the way to go even if things are going rough or your depressed theres always other, cheaper and less toxic ways to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
But the point is, while telling kids to stay off drugs is great, trying to tell educated adults about the dangers while showing no knowledge of said substances is not fine.

People will always see the person smoking pot as a "Stoner Hippie", unproductive, unintelligent scum. Thats their problem, people generalize in every situation, this is no different. If I honestly thought it would make a bit of difference, I would go into a long debate about it. But it wouldn't make any difference, because it's illegal and thats as much as most people need to know to make a judgement. The truth is, you DON'T know what every pot smoker in the world is like, truth is you don't know many at all. You know what you've been told, and you know a few smokers I dont doubt. But MANY smokers of pot will NOT just come out and tell you they smoke.
If they know you are a "fellow" smoker, they will open up. But there are a large group of "potheads" that you will never know about, because they are in high paid positions, in good jobs, in trades, or just have lives that they don't want interupted by people telling them "You're unproductive scum".

Someone who smokes is as much a blot on society as someone who drinks, and lets face it, most of us like the occasional drink, if not more. IT's about addictive personalities. IF you have one, stay away form everything, and yes, that DOES include fatty foods and soft drinks.

If someone sits in their own home, has a job, can pay for their "sin", acts responsible, and is a good citizen - why should you stop him using cannabis? Is he harming you while he is at home? Or is it just that you can't stand him because he's a "smoker"? I don't get it, perhaps you have never met anyone like this. But if your still in school, the only people you know who "smoke" are probably your usual mix of kids trying to be cool and fit in. Don't generalize, it never ever works.

The worst kind of "anti-smoker" is the one who listens to Lennon, Hendrix, Marley and all the rest , while at the same tyime spouting how "evil" the weed is. Hypocrisy hurts my face.

On a final note, What is the worst thing about marijuana? I'm just interested, as the answer usually ranges from "Lung Cancer" to "Permanent Psychosis ala I think I can Fly, I think I'll jump through that window".

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
IT's about addictive personalities. IF you have one, stay away form everything, and yes, that DOES include fatty foods and soft drinks.

Exactly! I wouldn't say stay away from it per se, but be wary of it, and adjust your lifestyle in accordance to this idea.

On a final note, What is the worst thing about marijuana? I'm just interested, as the answer usually ranges from "Lung Cancer" to "Permanent Psychosis ala I think I can Fly, I think I'll jump through that window".

In all fairness, and this comes from a former "pothead", weed does affect short-term memory and affects inhibition and motivation (granted this only applies to the "potheads"). I don't believe in long-term problems; I think the brain repairs any damages given enough time.

[edit on 043030p://5u19 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well in all fairness, and this comes from a former "pothead", weed does affects short-term memory and affects inhibition and motivation (granted this only applies to the "potheads").

Agreed, I'd say Short Term Memory is the major bad point. But when someone who knows nothing about the drug reads that, they think Alzheimers, they think about people not remembering they put the oven on. This is far from the "norm". For most people, the STM loss amounts to not having a good recollection of the boring parts of the week, or not remembering a phone number off the top of their heads.

As for inhibition and motivation, again, that has a lot to do with the "user". Inhibition - thats alcohol's forte, nobody loosens you up for debauchery like Lady Alcohol. The inhibition loss of cannabis, IMO, is almost always simply being more open to others feelings and thoughts, which I have always observed to be nothing short of wonderful. Two people who would normally eye each other for a fight and end up arguing over a spilled pint, can sit down, have a giggle and respect each other.

Motivation? Ya got me...it can make you change your priorities, and give you a different outlook on the "Capitlaist" way of life, but at the same time, you can be a sensible, educated "user" who does his work, pays his bills and gets along. There are hundreds of thousands of them, and it's always a surprise when people find out they smoke. It's because a good few people who smoke pot will spend a good few years doing not a lot, and they will be the ones who are pointed at while being told "See? See what it does? Scum". This is not every smoker, just like everytime you see some idiot being locked away for mowing down a 5 year old girl while drunk, you don't think "Those drinkers, they should be locked up as soon as they open a bottle of booze, just to prevent this madness".

Prohibition didn't work, it's a shame pot smokers aren't confrontational like alcoholics, perhaps then Pot Prohibition wouldn't work either.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by chebob]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
and to clarify, again, im not telling people what to do or not to do i want to warn noobs that drugs is not the way to go even if things are going rough or your depressed theres always other, cheaper and less toxic ways to deal with it

Okay worksoftplayhard give an example of another way that isn't potentially toxic and is "cheaper".

If you say "meditation" then I will applaud you. Then again, you could just be saying that because I just said it...

[edit on 043030p://5u23 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hi evrybody, ive read all through this thread and have seen things that well, annoy me. First of all like more or less everyone else has said, not all drugs are bad, id rather live an extra 20 years while getting the occasional side effect of a headache than die, prescription drugs are usually the best option. another thing, whoever said that our economy would collapse and we would lose political relations with other countries if we legalised cannabis, have you ever heard of a little place called the netherlands?? its a nice little country where weed is declassified, and guess what, theyre doing fine, less crime than us, less polution, its a realy nice place to visit. I cant see why there is such a big hatred of weed in the world, i dont smoke cigs but i smoke weed everyday and drink alcohol regularly, ive been smoking since i was 15 and guess wot, im not a criminal, in fact i got some of the best results in my school and could have gone to any college i wanted, im working for a major computer firm at the moment and am taking my A levels and trying to decide whether i should go to uni. anyway, i smoke evry day as soon as i get home from work ill skin up and have a smoke, ive always been incredibly hyper and cant realy focus on one at a time, but weed chills me out and sets me straight, ill have a smoke, cook dinner, clean up, get changed and all incredibly quickly cos i can focus on each task. also i hate this 'evryone who smokes weed is a layabout hippie' trip that evry1 is on. i like garage, hip hop and any british rock ever made, i have very short hair and am definatley not a hippie. oh, the guy who said only the poorer classes do drugs, i grew up poor and am now not, but have always done drugs, more or less all of my friends do drugs and they are mostly middle class. dya know coc aine?? dya know who made that big?? all the incredibly rich guys on the stock market in the 80's, all those millionaires, so its definatley not for the poorer classes. and, the guy who sed u can get girls on beer but not whilst stoned, are u mad?? pissed up guys can only pull drunken girls, yes this sounds like a good thing but its not, if i want to pull a nice girl i always find it better to have a smoke, it opens u up and relaxes u so u can talk but it doesnt make u chat bs and fall all over. ive never had any short term or long term memory loss, to the best of my recolection anyway, and have no problems with my coordination. the only reason the government isnt legalising it is $$$$$$ as has been said before, their is no way to tax it if it is legalised because evry1 will be growing it, britain (yes im british) has a massive drinking culture, from which the goverment makes billions, now if weed was legalised, what dya think wud happen, less drinking and more smoking, so less money for mr blair. why wud they allow this to happen?? they wouldnt. anyway to wrap it up, weed = chilled out, happiness, lust for cheetos, doesnt cost much, makes u focused. beer = beer belly, falling over, lust for jumping about and shouting to oasis tunes, makes u wake up next to women who resemble jaba the hutt, ooo stay away from absinth it does sum bad things to ur sight. im not bad mouthing beer, i love drinking, i love bouncing around the pub with the boys and trying to pull every girl in the place. but i keep that to thursday nights and the weekends. anyway, i just wanted to put down my thoughts on the subject, im not trying to annoy anyone or give advise.

Tony signing off.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"something to think about if your gonna smoke weed:
What are the short-term effects of Marijuana use?
The short-term effects of marijuana use include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch); difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate, anxiety, and panic attacks.

What are the long-term effects of Marijuana use?
People who smoke marijuana often have the same respiratory problems as cigarette smokers. These individuals may have daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, and more frequent chest colds. They are also at greater risk of getting lung infections like pneumonia. Marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in cigarette smoke."

I am a medical and recreational user respectivly and i am an activist who attends rallies and other pot related events here in Canada.

As for the first part of the quote i will say how wrong this is. After years of smoking ingesting and vaporizing pot I do not have learning impediments, lung problems, loss of cooridination however the first time using the drug for most people is an eye opener to the reality of the fact they lied about it for years.

As for the second part no one has ever died from smoking or ingesting marijuana. If they indeed exhibit the same symptoms and illnesses as cigarette smokers there would be deaths and numbers. I know an old lady who has been smoking since the 60's and her lungs are fine no coughing, no phlegm etc.
-------------------------------------------------
www.usask.ca...

Up here in Canada at the U of S they did studies of the plant and it's effects on the brain the study says it increases brain growth in areas associated with memory, learning, anxiety and depression.

"The team found that rats treated with HU-210 on a regular basis showed
neurogenesis - the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampus. This region
of the brain is associated with learning and memory, as well as anxiety and
depression.

The effect is the opposite of most legal and illicit drugs such as alcohol,
nicotine, heroin, and coc aine."
-----------------------------------------------------------

I have known people who have smoked for years all of which have never had an adverse reaction health wise with the acception of anti-histamine reactions etc. My conclusion and the conclusion of over half the population here is legalize and regulate.

We can use it for economical purposes as well including: Paper, medicines, Industrial manufacturing, oils, fuel, clothing and much more. In fact i beleive that the bill of rights was written on hemp paper which is the male derivative of the female Cannabis species. It also contains no THC well not enough to get high on anyway.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Religions were founded on psychoactive substances and entheogenic plants. Scholars beleive that Jesus and his followers used Cannabis on a ritualistic basis. We see this today with the Rastafarians and many primative cultures as well.

Drug use has had a signifigant role in our culture when you listen to the beatles you can her it in their music or when you read Shakespear you are reading stories most likely written on Cannabis. Since they of coarse found several clay pipes with canna resin still in them.

Everything from books ,tv ,music, art and movies have all been effected by the use of drugs.
-------------------------------------------------------
removed personal reference

[edit on 4-5-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The_Doctor, are you actually a doctor?

I'm just curious.

P.S. you may get flack for your post. And probably an edit or two.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lucid_lunacy said:

I personally don't think the amount of recreational drug users would change significantly if they were all legalized. There would be some fluctuation at first but it would average out and be about the same.

Well, look at it this way, if somebody wanted weed and has never tried it but was curious. Chances are they know, or know somebody that can get it for them if they wanted it bad enough.
Look at it this way too, for a lot of people, weed is easier to get than booze.

So what good is the law doing, increase the penalties, increase the 'risk' profit to be made and that equals more dealers and more gangs.
Gangs don't sell booze anymore, do they?

Good ole' Al.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join