It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to all ATS Members with > 6 month Membership

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Right now, there is a new member seeking adoption on the Adopt a New Member thread...

So why not lend this newcomer The Pale Horseman a hand??

btw - I recall that at one time this thread was 'stickied' to the top of BQB. But not now.

[edit on 5/17/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
---UPDATE---
Right now, there are two new members seeking adoption on the Adopt a New Member thread...

So why not lend these newcomers, The Pale Horseman and chezza_glr a hand??

[edit on 5/17/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
aceofspades313rd and MikePhil are seeking adoption on the Adopt a New Member! thread right now.

Why not help out these fine new members?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Several new members are seeking adoption on the Adopt a New Member! thread right now.

mellatrix - elecampane - Englishbob - number1hammer - Pericle - Reveal the Truth

All since the beginning of the month.

Why not help out these fine new members?

Doing so, you can help the ATS community and help a new member as well!

Mechanic 32

[edit on 7/11/2006 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 7/11/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't have 6 months Mech, but when I do can you get me a nice, blond, or even brunette to adopt??

Oh Yea, make sure she is at least in her 20's

Semper

[edit on 7/11/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I help members as much as I can. Once I am a member for six months I will become a mentor. It is always great to help make ATS a better place and help new members. If any new members need help they can always send me a u2u. If I do not know the answer to your question I will find the answer out and get back to you. I am always here to help.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
mellatrix - elecampane are already adopted. Get back! They're MINE!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When I first join I had to learn everthing myself
but I made it threw but there are many new member who need help thanks for this Mechanic 32 you the man for real. You help me with the vista thing to if we had more people like you the world be a much better place (j/k but your great guy). Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think it would be a great idea to have a list of mentors like there is the list of staff on the home page to the forum. That way new members would know who to ask to be his/her mentor. Members who wanted to be on the mentor list would have to fit the qualifications for becoming a mentor and just ask the person in charge of the list to be added to the list.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I now see why there is not a whole lot of "senior" members willing to adopt new members that ask to be adopted.

Out of the last 7 or 8 potential adoptees, only 1 has consistently returned to the Board.

But I won't give up hope, or will I give up on helping new members here.

edit - spelling.

[edit on 2/12/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've honestly stopped adopting new members. I probably adopted at least 50 in a period of six months at one point. Whenever I had noticed a proposal in the thread, I would contact them via u2u. Some of the u2u's took me 20-25 minutes to create. My own stunned fault for not copying it and saving it for future reference, but nonetheless I continued to push on. If I sent 50 u2u's, I may of had 1 reply. And of that 1 reply, I never heard of the member after that.

So rather than adopting members, I look for those that are seeking help in forums. If someone asks a question, I am quick to answer. If they are looking for information, I try to point them in the right direction. I chat with members whom I've never heard of regularly through u2u. I find this more effective than the adoption process.

Like you've said, too much effort with too little impact. Help those that are looking for help. There are plenty of new members out there that want help, and it is nice to see others that have the information taking a moment to share it. Sometimes all they really need is a link.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join