It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to all ATS Members with > 6 month Membership

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would be willing to look after some of the new members, i know how scary this place can be when u first join.

If anyone wants me to be there cyber parent
give me a shout, i will let u stay up late and party

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, thanks to this thread, I now have an adoptee. Thanks Mechanic 32

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well, it's good to see some of the veteran members sharing their knowledge and wisdom.

I would like to thank all that have participated thus far, and those that will follow.

It seems that my efforts in this area are not futile, as I have seen an increase in activity, regarding adoptions.

Thank you, thank all of you!

Mechanic 32. adopt a newbie!
edit = insert link

[edit on 4/5/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey i am new too so i might as well jump on the bandwagon lmao but i do need help even tho i have gotten some asala ty but im still lost
plz some take me as your son ill make you poud

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi there, SkYNeTUSA.

While I am not prepared to adopt another new member right now, I will try to help you with whatever you need. Just drop me a u2u.

You may also want to make an introductory post here:

Introductions

Or make a post to this thread:

Adopt a newbie!

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
*bump* Sorry Mods, I did'nt want this thread to die just yet!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
All of my prospective adoptees must take the Wonderlic test and score higher than Vince Young. Are you up for the challenge?

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The 'Adopt A Newbie!' thread has just been officially renamed...

Adopt A New Member!
Thank you Asala!

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am right now compiling a set of step-by-step tutorials for new members.

If anyone has a suggestion of what I should include, let me know.

Mechanic 32.

Copy of my original post here, for those who open this thread by clicking ">>".

Call to all ATS Members with > 6 Month Membership.

There are many New Members who are seeking guidance and tutoring here at ATS.

There are a number of unanswered requests at the adopt a newbie! thread.

As I have only recently joined myself, I feel I would be underqualified to offer any valuable assistance to those seeking adoption. (other than requests for help with the things I have had to struggle with myself)

I know that there are many members here with the skills and experience to help out these newer members.

As I am a 'do-it-yourself'er, I never sought out anyone to adopt me, but looking at that thread, it is apparent that not all new members are like me.

So is there anyone there who is willing to devote a small amount of time to help these newcomers?

You will also help improve the quality of ATS at the same time, and help develop a better sense of teamwork among members.

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 5/3/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
*bump*

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I might as well do the same. I'm gonna go let em know they can call on me anytime they need help. Dunno that I'll be able to help em, but I'll point em in the right direction if I can't.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Right now, there are a couple New Members, that are seeking adoption.

So why not lend them a hand, and share your knowledge of ATS with them?

Adopt A New Member!

Thank you, your help will be greatly appreciated!

Mechanic 32.

edit = add text

[edit on 4/20/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Slight renaming of this thread, from "Call to all ATS Members with > 1 year Membership."

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
But what happened to the mentor program? Is that a dead issue?

I know things are busy but it sounded like it was going to go beyond the adoption process.

Of course, for those of us not qualified to be a mentor, I hope there will still exist the adoption process.

I myself have been remiss in this and as soon as I can get my life back to a point where I can be a good enough mom, I will go find some kids (terms only of course - my ATS MOM is young enough to be my daughter
)

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Mentor program is far from a dead issue.

It's still in the works, albeit on the back burner for now.

That information came from one of the staff here.

To voice your concern on that matter, I suggest you using the suggestion button.

Your post there will go to a staff only forum, where it will be reviewed by Staff members, including the Administrators.

And yes, the adoption thread is still there, however renamed.

Adopt A New Member!

Right now there are a couple of New Members waiting to be adopted.

As I have my plate full, I am asking some of the more experienced members for a little help in this matter.

So why not give a helping hand to a New Member in need? Link above.

Mechanic 32.

edit = add additional comments.

[edit on 4/26/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Right now there is a new member seeking adoption, on the 'Adopt a New Member!' thread.

Share with this newcomer some of your knowledge and experience...

Adopt a New Member!

edit = repaired link

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How about a thread where the new people can browse through the members who wish to offer assistance?
We could offer expertise in any given field that we are comfortable with. That way, the new people could dig in straight away.

I have had many adoptees that have said something similar.

If a thread was started for us old ones to offer our help, then the new ones could browse at their leisure and ask that way.

Just my thought on this, because i agree that many new members do need some help to get their foot in the door.

Let me know what ya think guys.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bikereddie that is a great Idea, you should go for it.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
How about a thread where the new people can browse through the members who wish to offer assistance?
We could offer expertise in any given field that we are comfortable with. That way, the new people could dig in straight away.
I have had many adoptees that have said something similar.
If a thread was started for us old ones to offer our help, then the new ones could browse at their leisure and ask that way.
Just my thought on this, because i agree that many new members do need some help to get their foot in the door.
Let me know what ya think guys.

Bikereddie,

There are a couple of things that need consideration, before a thread such as the one you describe could be started.

First it should be started in some organized manner. Where several veteran members help with the startup of the thread.

It should be locked, so that it is not overrun by new members posts. If this were to happen, the original content may get lost, unless it is reposted, and reposted.

It should contain a short statement by the 'helping member', including which specific topics the helping member has experience with.

Definately should be pinned to the top of say, 'The Freshmans Forum'.

Should have someone to coordinate the efforts. Hopefully someone that could unlock the thread, to add other 'helping members' posts.

Just my thoughts on the idea, as I had also thought of this myself some time ago.

Any other members interested in joining in a thread such as Bikereddie suggested, post here. If enough members are willing to participate, maybe we could kick it off.

Mechanic 32.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi mechanic.. Glad you like my idea.
The points you raised are what i have been throwing around my head all day.

We do need a mod to control the thread, and also a list of members to volunteer there field of expertise.
The thread could have a list of names with whatever they can offer, then the new members could either email them, or U2U if they have enough points. That way, the thread will not get cluttered up with numerous replies. Just a thought..

Anyone out there interested? Lets see if we can get this up and running...
After all, we were new once upon a time....................

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Bikereddie]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join