It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to all ATS Members with > 6 month Membership

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There are many New Members who are seeking guidance and tutoring here at ATS.

There are a number of unanswered requests at the Adopt a New Member! thread.

I know that there are many members here with the skills and experience to help out these newer members.

As I am a 'do-it-yourself'er, I never sought out anyone to adopt me, but looking at that thread, it is apparent that not all new members are like me.

So is there anyone there who is willing to devote a small amount of time to help these newcomers?

You will also help improve the quality of ATS at the same time, and help develop a better sense of teamwork among members.

Mechanic 32.
Edit = Rename Thread From 'Call to all ATS Members with > 1 year Membership.'

[edit on 4/25/2006 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 26-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Cheers to you Mechanic 32 for your initiative...ATS members never cease to amaze and impress me. This is what our family is all about.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks.

I was browsing through that thread, and was amazed at how many calls for assistance go unanswered.

I can imagine that there have been more than a few newcomers who never came back, just for the simple fact that their call for help went unanswered.

I just hope that as this thread finds its way to the lower regions, it is not forgotten, and drifts into oblivion.

Mods - please bump this back up from time to time, to keep the awareness alive.

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Mechanic 32,

An excellent idea that should be embraced by ALL members on ATS!

If we don't support and assist our newer members in learning the ropes on ATS, then how can we expect them to become productive and contributing factors in Denying Ignorance. ?!?

as requested

*** bump ***

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'll bump it too, because Mechanic 32 has been very helpful to me also. Not just for the avatar. Simple stuff.....really simple stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I haven't adopted in a while, so I guess I'll pick up a few more,.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank You DarkHelmet for your support!

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
oooo I want to adopt somebody

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"Electronic Social Services" told me I couldn't adopt after an incident involving :w: and
and some new members.

But the adoption thing is great, it helps new members "get with it", and helps keep the help forums a "bit" less cluttered with questions, I should think

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ok so a minute ago AgentSmith replied, only for it to be viewable. And now Springer.

What the deuce?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Ok so a minute ago AgentSmith replied, only for it to be viewable. And now Springer.

What the deuce?

MODS can bumpity bump...bump bump, without posting....

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I gotcha. You learn something new everyday, this is mine for the day.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
what about a missing list?

i seem to have lost my adobtees!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As the Above Top Secret Resident Nobody

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now how'd you go and do that asala? Any idea where you might have lost them, this is a very big place ya know!

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
what about a missing list?

i seem to have lost my adobtees!

Go SuperMods!

That's what can happen as you must be very busy with your work.

Anyone else out there care to be the saviour of a lost soul?(on ATS that is)

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You have voted Mechanic 32 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

*Claps* this is a very good thread Mechanic, and very true alot of newer members do need help with site issues, and sometimes other things.

Anyways, just wanted to say, even though I don't have it in my sigLine, I have adopted two people.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
thanks for your help last night mechanic...

It isnt very often I will have a blonde moment or lose my eyesight...lol but when I do, it is nice to get the help and rotflmao....

oh edit to ask...how do I get adopted? yanno I had this visual of me being the last kid in the orphanage...

so what...do we ask? or does someone u2u and say 'hey, think you need some help' um?

[edit on 4-4-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well this really was'nt the adoption thread, but it seems that I have a little while ago, just adopted NJE777!

So are there any other members out there, who would like to share their knowledge with a newcomer?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I spend a good deal of time on here and am familiar with most of the rules. I would be willing to help out where needed or adopt anyone who needs a little extra help. Guess I will check out the freshman forum and see whats up. U2U me if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on how we can help the newbies get better aquainted.

TD

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join