It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 2006 Tornado Outbreak Underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Lots of touchdowns, reported fatality. Looks like a quick moving storm. Anyone have more info on this?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There is a possibility that a funnel cloud may have clipped downtown Indianapolis. The 2nd tallest building in town sustained damage to about the top dozen floors.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yop, windows broken and there was a large crowd downtown:

www.theindychannel.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yep, 5 states hit.
Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky and Illinois, as well as Tennessee.
At least 14 dead.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is bad. Is the storm over yet?

BBC: Deadly storms batter central US

Violent storms, with tornadoes and large hail, have swept several US states, killing at least 14 people. Tennessee was the hardest hit with 11 deaths reported. Two men died in Missouri and one in Illinois.

The storms uprooted trees, brought down power lines and overturned mobile homes and cars across wide sections of some central states.

The US National Weather Center warned on Monday that severe storms, with tornadoes and large hail, could hit the Carolinas and Virginia later in the day.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They passed through southeast Kansas about midnight Saturday night. No tornados, just strong winds and hail. I was watching the radar on wunderground.com and at one time there were 5 tornado vortex signatures in N.E. OK.
According to the weather, watch for another outbreak later this week as another storm is getting to Cali coast and expected to strengthen as it crosses the Rockies.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Storms kill at least 27 in Midwest, South

DYERSBURG, Tennessee (CNN) -- Authorities in parts of the Midwest and South were assessing damage and counting the dead Monday from thunderstorms that killed at least 27 people.
Source & full info. : CNN

Many injured, some even seriously injured.
The storm and tornadoes also hit Iowa, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, Ohio, Illinois & Indiana.

I understand that Twisters are usual in April, but is this really normal? Isn´t it too bad?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This was probably the worst single storm (one of the worst hit towns is about two miles from my house) I can remember, but its really not unusual for this area to get hammered at least once in the spring.

Cug

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo
I understand that Twisters are usual in April, but is this really normal? Isn´t it too bad?

It's normal, just unfortunate that it happened over more populated areas. Last year we had far less than normal severe weather outbreaks, sometimes we will have more than average.

One thing to keep in mind this season, when you hear that there were 27 reported tornadoes that doesn't meant there were 27 tornadoes, just 27 reports. It could be that 27 people reported the same tornado.

With the growing popularity of the "sport" of storm chasing there are more people out in the middle of nowhere looking for tornadoes than there were even 10 years ago. So the number will go up just because more eyes are out there.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i'm from TN...................not the western side where this particular tornado touched down. i live in the S/E side of the state. but anyway...........springtime in the south is the pits for severe weather.

i've lived here my whole life (42 yrs) and been through 2 myself that destroyed the neighborhood i lived in.

as PRETTY as spring time in the south is....................unfortunately it is just as deadly.

no conspiracys here folks...............just springtime in the south.

angie

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Lookout Mid-West, the West Coast got walloped today by high winds and heavy rain, and I'm sure it is heading your way. The wind was blowing steady at 25-30 mph with heavier gusts and a front moved in fast and started pouring down heavy rain this afternoon. Very unusual storm activity for this time of year, in my experience.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Get ready, the next round has begun! Here in Southeast Kansas we presently have a tornado on the ground 10 miles west of my location. More severe storms are building and headed this way. This whole system is heading East.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yop, the twisters are popping up this evening:

iwin.nws.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just heard a interesting fact on the local evening weather, we have had more tornado's in this area within the last two weeks than we saw all of last year.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
We are looking at our 3rd severe weather outbreak in 7 days. This is a pattern that looks to repeat itself a few more times over the next couple of weeks.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Popping up in the south now.

iwin.nws.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ten people killed in Tennesee. RIP

www.breitbart.com...

new topics

top topics

join