It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confined to the ATS Isolation Chamber?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A strange occurrance seems to have happened in the last week or so. I posted a debate-generating thread as I enjoy a good debate. I believe in the statements I made, so with that prerequiste satisfied, I don't see any problem with starting a thread for this purpose. All was going well until the middle of last week with many members disputing my views. It was not unusual for me to check the thread and have 5 or 6 different posts to reply to.

However mid last week I responded to the usual 5 or 6 posters who disagreed with my stance and awaited their response. Now bearin mind that the majority of respondants were continually responding back to my posts within hours, so I ahd no reason to think this time would be any different. It has now been about 5 days since I made that post and still no replies. I am at a loss to explain why.

I'm sure my rebuttle wasn't particularly convincing to them and my stance was definitely a most unpopular one, so to assume that they conceded is just ridiculous, especially considering the immense amount of material available to them to dispute my stance. I could understand one or maybe two members feeling that they were talking to a brick wall with me and that I was no use trying to reason with, but not all of them spontaneously at the same time. I have no idea what happened. Does this seem strange to anyone else?

Since then it seems that I have received little if any responses on any other threads I have posted on regardless of if they were mine or not. I suppose the message in that is "Beware if I post on your thread!" because it seems I have unwittingly become the ultimate threadkiller.

Ironically, if anyone responds to this thread I must conclude that I'm being paranoid, and if they don't, who knows how long I will remain in the ATS Isolation chamber?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hmm... That's weird if more than 1 or 2 people stopped replying... Who knows. Maybe it's time you check into Thread Killers Anonymous?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
People's posting habits change hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly - I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, we all get paranoid sometimes that no-one wants to talk to us but it's normally nothing to worry about

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
very true... i go on stints where I don't post for months, mostly because school and sports get in the way, so don't worry... You'll have plenty of people to argue with before you know it!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I always had the conspiracy too that the government would isolate threads from the public and put them in a sort of isolation chamber where nobody could view and respond besides the government agents.

It would be an effective tactic.

They can always figure out who you're networked with and have the thread viewable by people you could be in contact with. They could determine this by your location, who you talk to on the internet and the phone, etc. This way it avoids suspicion.

Might be farfetched but I can see how it would work.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
mytym,
You're not alone wondering that....

It's like a 'drive-by' post...someone makes some interesting points in your thread, you write a response with your take on the input, and they never return to continue the discourse. Seems to happen all the time...unless the topic is reptilians, omnipotent ETs, doubtful UFO images, etc....

And don't worry about the threadkillin' thing.....you got nothing on me man....I can flat out slaughter a thread...

NC

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What thread in particular are you talking about?

Its possible that people stopped responding because you didn't answer their questions?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This may not be the case with your observations but another possibility.....

There have been recent changes to ATS page set up,i know i now have a hard time finding something i have been interested in following,due to the recent top 5 threads you have posted in,no longer exists at the top of the screen,well for me it does`nt so i assume everyone`s the same.

I thought it was brilliant and used it most often than not.

So maybe this contributed some what to your question here?.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
the recent top 5 threads you have posted in,no longer exists at the top of the screen

That's what MyATS is for

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet

That's what MyATS is for

oops,i`ll take that like a slap to the back of the head and try and get into the habit of using that button once again.

Oh how embarrassment

Still i liked it the way they had it before though

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Was just tryin to help. MyATS and New Posts are the only pages I ever have up, and I refresh every 3 or 4 minutes, so I figure maybe they can be of some use to you

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i feel like this has happend to me in the past... like i'm on some kind of MOD blacklist or something OHWELL . it may be that an unpopular stand on a topic has generated this response it's highly likely seeing that some of the people i have dissagreed with... i dont care to discuss anything else with ethier ...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thankyou for all your responses, I really appreciate it. I guess I am just paranoid.

Nygdan:
I'd rather not advertise here, as that's not the purpose of this thread. Just click on my member name and you'll find it easily enough I'm sure. You've actually posted on it a number of times. It is definitely a possibilty that I didn't answer everyone's questions, but as far as I am aware I have made every effort to answer every question asked of me, this is why I find it so perplexing.

gps777:
I too, used the 5 recently subscribed threads religiously and was a little disorientated when it was removed, but MyATS has filled that void. Perhaps you're right and others haven't made he transition yet.

the_sentinal:
This is probably the most likely reason, as my stance was definitely an unpopular one. Perhaps this is the price of non-conformity.

new topics

top topics

join