It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do most UFO sighting seem to be in the SouthWest USA and Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed most UFO sighting occur in Mexico or the SW USA.

Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Any speculation as too why??

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't know about Mexico.

However, there are a lot of military bases in the South West US, so a large percentage of those sightings might actually be secret military aircraft.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Junkheap]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have found images of UFO's flying around our Sun. The Sun gives off massive radiation. Now I am unsure of the dates so if anyone would like to help me with that I would appreciate it, but, the government set off nuclear bombs in the past and that would give off radiation. Perhaps the beings on the ships can scan for radiation and that is why they head for that part of the world more than other parts. I am thinking they need radiation to fuel their ships.

It was also reported that UFO's where hoovering outside of a nuclear government facilities and right before they took off all of the nuclear bombs went off line. I may not have all of those facts correct, so please give more info and correct me if you know this story. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In Mexico, they have a habit of mistaking swarms of helium balloons for UFO fleets. Heck, even the air force has trouble distinguishing oil rig fires for UFOs....

In the SW US, you have the largest concentrated area for the testing of radical new airframes....so that's not too surprising.

This doesn't make bona-fide sightings any less spectacular....but TRUE sightings of ET craft are probably MUCH fewer and farther between than many wish to believe.....

It was also reported that UFO's where hoovering outside of a nuclear government facilities and right before they took off all of the nuclear bombs went off line. I may not have all of those facts correct, so please give more info and correct me if you know this story. Thanks.

I'd have to look up the exact story...but this was near a US installation a couple decades ago I believe....and yes, reportedly the missles were affected....though it could have been a coincidence, the timing means it's less likely....

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

This doesn't make bona-fide sightings any less spectacular....but TRUE sightings of ET craft are probably MUCH fewer and farther between than many wish to believe.....

I agree with you there Gazrok, out of all of the sightings that are reported I would say only a hand full are really UFO's (unidentified flying objects).

I'd have to look up the exact story...but this was near a US installation a couple decades ago I believe....and yes, reportedly the missles were affected....though it could have been a coincidence, the timing means it's less likely....

Thanks for that info, I think like you on this also, it is less likely that it is a coincidence with the timing of the UFO's and did I hear it correctly that every missle was affected by this UFO and that has never happened before, every missle shut down at the same time?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
All these threads I see about "why are there more UFO sightings in the United States than in other countries?" "why are there more UFO sightings in the southwest than any other part of the U.S.?" make me laugh a bit I must admit.

You are a bit misinformed. For example... Washington D.C. has the highest rate of UFO sightings per square mile than anywhere else in the United States (betcha didn't know that!), not to mention there are a ton of UFO sightings all up and down the east coast.

UFO sightings are all over the globe. Look at Mexico, South America, Europe, and China. All report a lot of UFO sightings. So it's kinda ignorant to say most UFO sightings are from the four corners of the U.S.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Actually I agree with shugga but maybe....

Lots of outdoor activity by folks due to the temperate climate thus they see the little buggers.

Lots of clear skies with out to many clouds or overcast days.

Large population of people with a tenuous grasp on reality.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
All these threads I see about "why are there more UFO sightings in the United States than in other countries?" "why are there more UFO sightings in the southwest than any other part of the U.S.?" make me laugh a bit I must admit.

hmmmm, I guess all the threads about UFO's over Europe would make me kinda vain about the sightings I spoke about

You are a bit misinformed. For example... Washington D.C. has the highest rate of UFO sightings per square mile than anywhere else in the United States (betcha didn't know that!), not to mention there are a ton of UFO sightings all up and down the east coast.

Hmmmm, my primary news source I look at everyday is CNN, Rense, and ATS. I honestly don't recall the last time I saw anything about UFO's over Washington. Anytime any small airplane invades Washingtons Airspace, they Evacuate congress the White House...ect....ect...

UFO sightings are all over the globe. Look at Mexico, South America, Europe, and China. All report a lot of UFO sightings. So it's kinda ignorant to say most UFO sightings are from the four corners of the U.S.

Funny you mentioned Mexico, please pardon my igorance, but I did say "SEEM" What Im saying is Most reports I have seen in the last year "seem" to be in the SW USA and Mexico....

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Lots of outdoor activity by folks due to the temperate climate thus they see the little buggers.

Lots of clear skies with out to many clouds or overcast days.

Large population of people with a tenuous grasp on reality.

This is a very good theory as well whaaa. That is quite possible.

You can also see maps of UFO sightings and this might give everyone a better look at where some of the sightings come from. I do not believe though that all sightings are reported. So these are only the sightings that are reported.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
I have found images of UFO's flying around our Sun. The Sun gives off massive radiation. Now I am unsure of the dates so if anyone would like to help me with that I would appreciate it, but, the government set off nuclear bombs in the past and that would give off radiation. Perhaps the beings on the ships can scan for radiation and that is why they head for that part of the world more than other parts. I am thinking they need radiation to fuel their ships.

Very interesting Theory, you might be on to something, thanks for the reply

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
In Mexico, they have a habit of mistaking swarms of helium balloons for UFO fleets. Heck, even the air force has trouble distinguishing oil rig fires for UFOs....

In the SW US, you have the largest concentrated area for the testing of radical new airframes....so that's not too surprising.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Gazrok]

Most of these UFO's could very well be USA experimental airframes for sure, but that doesn't include the sightings in Mexico....And I agree with you about the ballons being called fleets of ships as laughable....But there also seem to be many other sightings....of both ships and of beings

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that people in big cities or concentrated areas of population just don't look up as much. Sounds simple but think about it. Most areas of concentrated UFO sightings (excluding Mexico City/many are baloons IMO) are in vey open areas with lots of flat land. you are just more likely to be viewing the sky in those areas.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I am of the opinion that people in big cities or concentrated areas of population just don't look up as much. Sounds simple but think about it. Most areas of concentrated UFO sightings (excluding Mexico City/many are baloons IMO) are in vey open areas with lots of flat land. you are just more likely to be viewing the sky in those areas.

I agree. In the city the stars are barely visible, the buildings tend to block the view [of nothingness], flying objects with lights on them are incredibly common, and there is so much going on around them that they are likely looking at what is going on around them instead of what's going on above them. There really isn't any reason for someone to look up at the sky in a densely populated city (I rarely did when I lived in Indianapolis.) In the country areas there is less air traffic, almost 1,000 more visible stars in the sky, 360-degree panoramic view of the sky because man-made obstructions are less common, there is little going on around them (there's a reason country folk are nosy and like to gossip!) so anything happening above them would be more obvious, etc.

I also think the population density may have something to do with it. I have not studied the locations of the thousands of sights and I'm merely throwing an idea out there to see how it bounces back. I think it is possible that more sightings in densely populated areas go unreported because there is a greater factor of ridicule that would be experienced. Most country folk tend to separate and isolate themselves and this would help encourage reportings because it would be less likely that all of the people in an apartment building will scoff at you. Again, just throwing the idea out there to see how it bounces back.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well there are more lights out there i guess, so maybe they think they'll blend in...lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cuz aliens helped built the pyramids in south america.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
because its not as much a hostile place/airspace, wasnt it a nuke Silo in SW USA that had its launch codes scrambled by a UFO during the misile crisis??

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Are there really more reports from that region or is it just confirmational bias? Reports come in from all over, maybe you are just paying more attention to the ones from the SW.

Other interesting observations -- Mexico and Latin America have virtually no reports of abductions. Less than a handful have any credibility. It seems to be a U.S. and European thing.

Reported EBEs in Latin America are overwhelmingly reptilian. Grays are rare. Conversely, grays are the majority in the U.S. and Canada. Northern Europe reports are predominantly the nordics. African sightings of any EBEs are very rare, and Asia seems to be a mixed bag.

Has the planet been carved up into territories like the European colonial powers of the 18th century carved up Africa and parts of Asia?

new topics

top topics

join