It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Scientist calls for Ebola to kill 5 Billion Humans!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is shocking! I can't believe it...

Professor Pianka said the Earth as we know it will not survive without drastic measures . Then, and without presenting any data to justify this number, he asserted that the only feasible solution to saving the Earth is to reduce the population to 10 percent of the present number.

He then showed solutions for reducing the world's population in the form of a slide depicting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse . War and famine would not do, he explained. Instead, disease offered the most efficient and fastest way to kill the billions that must soon die if the population crisis is to be solved.

This is real. The story also tells that the T.V. camera's were turned off before Pianka began speaking.

After praising the Ebola virus for its efficiency at killing, Pianka paused, leaned over the lectern, looked at us and carefully said, “We've got airborne 90 percent mortality in humans. Killing humans. Think about that.”

Everyone should read this link. It has the whole story...

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is already a thread about this here: Ebola

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That's an ATSNN thread though.

There can be an ATSNN thread and a general ATS thread about the same thing.

As for the topic, well he is right we do need to eleviate the number of people on the planet, I however think his idea should be a last option.

What we should do is build orbital habitats and colonies throughout the Solar System, or atleast colonise the sea.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ebola isn't and never has been ariborne. Also, the Ebola vaccine has just passed its first human trials. Vaccine

Now, remind me why this bug is an issue?

Also, this isn't about "saving the planet" at all. Ecologists, who more accurately should be called "human ecologists", are concerned with actions that will save our species, not the planet itself. No matter what we do, we will not kill nature. We could launch every nuclear weapon we have and start a nuclear winter, wipe out every plant an animal, and there will still be bacteria around which will evolve and replenish nature. Perhaps we should all just admit that ecology is just a means of prolonging our species' existence, no?

~MFP

[edit on 4/2/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Whoops... didn't even notice that was an ATSNN thread... I just saw the titles. My bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
hope this is an april fools!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Too bad it's April 2nd already!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hmmm, makes me wonder if professor Pianka would volunteer to die by ebola?
No, he'd like to watch in glee, insulated from the poison of his own evil mind.

From what I hear, ebola is not a fun way to go.

But then again, the human population if it keeps growing like it is, will end just as badly, or worse.

I wonder how big a pile of over 6,000,000,000+ pennies would look like?
Well, here is a billion that I found here

www.kokogiak.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
hope this is an april fools!

It's not if you would read the link. This is a real thing; very creepy.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You just blew my mind Boat.

-The Count

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
it seems that he is one of the freaks that thinks every lifeform but humans should be paramount. i have heard some of these freaks before. some even make a pledge not to procreate. there is a big group of them out there, in fact i believe there was even a few threads about them a couple years ago.

I OFFER A CHALANGE to people like him. line up and we will kill you that way you can "save" the planet in your way, without killing innocent peoples, just think if enough people think like this then problem solved. why should others die for your screwed up beliefs.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
it seems that he is one of the freaks that thinks every lifeform but humans should be paramount. i have heard some of these freaks before. some even make a pledge not to procreate. there is a big group of them out there, in fact i believe there was even a few threads about them a couple years ago.

I OFFER A CHALANGE to people like him. line up and we will kill you that way you can "save" the planet in your way, without killing innocent peoples, just think if enough people think like this then problem solved. why should others die for your screwed up beliefs.

His beliefs are'nt "screwed up", they're based on the logical facts
of the matter, though I will admit he does'nt take into account
certain very important variables, like off-world colonisation.

The problem is, humans are clouded by there emotions to such
a point, that when logic and emotion clash, emotions tend to win,
and honestly, that's a very bad thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This just proves that a 'professor' with all the appropriate academic credentials is still capable of saying and believing stupid things.

And there will always be naive and gullible people that hang on to every word he utters as if it were holy writ.

The letters "PhD" after someones name does not grant any more credibility than anyone else. In some cases less credibility.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
This is shocking! I can't believe it...

Professor Pianka said the Earth as we know it will not survive without drastic measures . Then, and without presenting any data to justify this number, he asserted that the only feasible solution to saving the Earth is to reduce the population to 10 percent of the present number.

He then showed solutions for reducing the world's population in the form of a slide depicting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse . War and famine would not do, he explained. Instead, disease offered the most efficient and fastest way to kill the billions that must soon die if the population crisis is to be solved.

This is real. The story also tells that the T.V. camera's were turned off before Pianka began speaking.

After praising the Ebola virus for its efficiency at killing, Pianka paused, leaned over the lectern, looked at us and carefully said, “We've got airborne 90 percent mortality in humans. Killing humans. Think about that.”

Everyone should read this link. It has the whole story...

-- Boat

Whats funny is that I dont think you guys have noticed that the story was published on March 31st, one day before April Fools. This way people would see this the next day and think to themselves "What the ____".

End of Case

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As pointed out when this first came up, months ago, it was not an april fools joke, but no, pianka isn't calling for mass murder. He is being misrepresented.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
As pointed out when this first came up, months ago, it was not an april fools joke, but no, pianka isn't calling for mass murder. He is being misrepresented.

Misrepresented? How? I REALLY want to hear this.

If you look at the guy's background, youll find that he has a great interest and love of reptiles. Im surprised David icke's fan club haven't jumped all over this with some theories.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
He's been misrepresented because he is not calling for millions of people to be infected with ebola or any other disease.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
He's been misrepresented because he is not calling for millions of people to be infected with ebola or any other disease.

he doesn't? Could have fooled me. He certainly sounds like a spokesman for human extinction!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm with you Skadi, I'm not sure what Nygdan is trying to say, since his response is quite vauge. Unless,
A.) He doesn't believe the story (which I could see why)
or
B.) Proff. Pianka is trying to drum up attention to the population issue. (which is very important.
or
C.) Nygdan works for Pianka

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

As for the topic, well he is right we do need to eleviate the number of people on the planet, I however think his idea should be a last option.

What we should do is build orbital habitats and colonies throughout the Solar System, or atleast colonise the sea.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by iori_komei]

....We don't need to kill millions, or billions of people just because some enviromentalists think it is a good idea.... This is one of the reasons why i don't trust most enviromentalists....they are delluded people, no offence to anyone, but i have heard of late several of these people make these claims.... Perhaps they would like to volunteer, with the rest of their families to be the first ones to be killed....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join