Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

U2Uing the Three Amigos...

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We have an "open door" policy here in which any member is welcome to U2U the site owners. We read ALL of them. If you are having a problem with some aspect of the site and you u2u one, or all three of us, asking us to correct the problem PLEASE check to see if the correction has been done before u2uing again.

Don't think that since we didn't u2u a reply it's been ignored. We get TONS of u2us everyday and usually we just "fix the problem" and that's it. We could end up spending all day typing replies to the huge number of u2u's and that would be a huge waste of valuable time that should be spent on running/improving the site.

Generally we would only reply if we can't fix the issue.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ya, you tell em' springer.
I'm sure that's anoying, eh? So, how many do you usually get? 3,000? 10,000? 1,000,000,000?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
On a busy day, 20 - 30 an hour...

Springer...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
20-30 / hour!?

I'm thinking that many of the fixes can be addressed through the use of the gripe/idea button.

I hope members know that when they submit with that button all staff including council, mods, supers and admin will see the submission and it will be dealt with (assuming it can be).

I would think that the need to specifically contact the owners of the site should be a relatively rare event.

I hope ATS'ers don't abuse the U2U system.

EDIT: Oops it's now called the "suggestions" button.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm definitly guilty of U2Uing the three amigo's, esspecially SO...but I do it sparringly.

I didn't realise you received that many! yikes!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I only sent one U2U to SO, in an attempt at levity. I'd rather use the gripe/suggestion button rather than risk immediate incineration after angering the Great and Powerful Three Amigos.

I'm still here so I assume that SO was at least mildly amused at my levity attempt.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
On a busy day, 20 - 30 an hour...

Springer...

Dude, "open door" or "open canyon"?

I think it's time for you to change your member name...

Maybe we could hold a contest and then not tell anyone the winning selection...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I think it's time for you to change your member name...

There's an idea right there. Though then a chain of events would happen.
you'd see threads like these on a weekly basis:

newbies: WHO'S THE THIRD AMIGO? WHY IS HIS USERNAME SECRET? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

Springer 2 weeks later: *shakes head, loses control* WHAT THE **** ** ***** **** *** ****** ******!!!!????

The username change wouldn't last long.

[edit on 404/5/0606 by Acekwak]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks Springer..
I knew it kept you all busy, but didn't realize...
You have been superb and timely in your responses to me

keep up the good work, and thanks for all you do.

wait, scratch this post... i will just u2u you

kidding.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow...20-30...i pity you guys. See, thats the thing about being admins and such...you get alot of jobs...lol. I mean sure it can be fun owning somthing really awesome, but it gets to be a pain too. I understand how you feel sorta, cuz I myself own a forum thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
5, 040 U2U's a week. Wow.

I must admit I'm guilty of sending one or two in my time. 'Problem' not addressed, btw.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I must admit I'm guilty of sending one or two in my time. 'Problem' not addressed, btw.

Yeah, me too. I sent one to SO, in reference to the Icke forum. It was closed because Mr. Icke didn't appear to be posting, but I think he was here, posting under another name. This member registered March 3rd, which is around the time we were told to expect him, and his last post is dated March 24rd, a few days after SO posted that the forum was closed.

I don't want to post the member's name here, just in case he starts posting again and wanted to remain anonymous, but if Springer would be so kind as to pass this message along (
), SO could read my U2U.

The only reason I'm bothering you (Springer) with all this is because I tried to post in SO's "The Icke Forum is Closed" thread, but I couldn't for some reason, so sorry about that.

btw, in case you don't hear it enough, keep up the good work!

HH

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It wasn't Icke...

Springer...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

We have an "open door" policy here in which any member is welcome to U2U the site owners. We read ALL of them. If you are having a problem with some aspect of the site and you u2u one, or all three of us, asking us to correct the problem PLEASE check to see if the correction has been done before u2uing again.

Don't think that since we didn't u2u a reply it's been ignored. We get TONS of u2us everyday and usually we just "fix the problem" and that's it. We could end up spending all day typing replies to the huge number of u2u's and that would be a huge waste of valuable time that should be spent on running/improving the site.

Generally we would only reply if we can't fix the issue.

Springer...

TONS of u2us? Man, that is a LOT!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think we need not just a complain/suggestion box but a Piss and Moan box. That way, we can whine and complain directly into it about everything and anything, thus relieving the tension in your u2us.
\

waaah, why did you change the pictures...no more pretty pictures...I hate it...die! die die! waaah.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
But Springer, do you guys still want me to keep sending you those u2u's about products and services that could lower your mortgage and increase your sexual potency while downloading music and ringtones from my all inclusive website?

Or should I stop sending you those?

Spider

Also I got an email from some guys in Africa who needed to transfer a lot of money out of the country or something like that...they seemed sincere and I know you're busy so I decided to forward them all of SO's conact information, all he has to do is give them his bank account number and social, let me know how that works out.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

It wasn't Icke...

Springer...

Too bad.

I wanted to see if he could defend himself against the ATS researchers.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Screw the U2U..... I just call the mutha up!
Springer just LOVES my calls!

Dave

[edit on 6/11/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity, who is able to make physical changes to the site? I know SO for sure, and I'm pretty sure you (Springer) and Simon could as well. But are there any mods or councilors who also have access to the site's source?

The main reason I ask is that, if there's a minor issue with the forum, it might be more appropriate to shoot a U2U to someone else (who doesn't get flooded with them on a regular basis.)

If you guys don't have anything like that already set up, it might be something worth looking into. I know I'd have doubts about trusting anyone with the code for a site like this, but it might be better to risk it than to decide whether a couple of typos are worth giving someone the impression you don't care. (I know you guys care a lot, but I also know that people can jump to those kind of conclusions pretty quickly.)

BTW Spider, for some reason I'm no longer getting those emails; could you start sending me some? I'd appreciate it if you could throw in the random investment tip and those ones with the software that doesn't do anything when I run it. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Just out of curiousity, who is able to make physical changes to the site? I know SO for sure, and I'm pretty sure you (Springer) and Simon could as well. But are there any mods or councilors who also have access to the site's source?

At present, SkepticOverlord is the only person who can make direct code changes to the forums, and I have certain controbality over the ATS information. Both myself and Springer, along with the other admins have control over many major board functions.

Fixing errors (no matter how small they are) is not something to be taken lightly on a multi-server multi-domain database as complex as ours.

The underlying forums software has been almost completely reverse-engineered and enhanced by SkepticOverlord, he is therefore the most qualified person to make software coding alterations and ammendments.

new topics

top topics

join