It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ecologist advocates use of Ebola to exterminate 90% of Earth's Population

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Dr. Eric R. Pianka is also sometimes referred to as Dr. Doom. A recent speech at the Texas Academy of Science during which Dr. Pianka, a world-renowned ecologist, advocated for the extermination of 90 percent of the human species in a most horrible and painful manner demonstrates exactly why this is such a fitting monkier for the ecologist. The video cameras were turned off for Dr. Pianka's speech as the material wasn't 'fit for public consumption.'

www.sas.org
But there was a gravely disturbing side to that otherwise scientifically significant meeting, for I watched in amazement as a few hundred members of the Texas Academy of Science rose to their feet and gave a standing ovation to a speech that enthusiastically advocated the elimination of 90 percent of Earth's population by airborne Ebola. The speech was given by Dr. Eric R. Pianka

Professor Pianka said the Earth as we know it will not survive without drastic measures . Then, and without presenting any data to justify this number, he asserted that the only feasible solution to saving the Earth is to reduce the population to 10 percent of the present number....AIDS is not an efficient killer, he explained, because it is too slow. His favorite candidate for eliminating 90 percent of the world's population is airborne Ebola ( Ebola Reston ), because it is both highly lethal and it kills in days, instead of years.

When Pianka finished his remarks, the audience applauded. It wasn't merely a smattering of polite clapping that audiences diplomatically reserve for poor or boring speakers. It was a loud, vigorous and enthusiastic applause.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Of course I think it's completely inappropriate that a 'scientist' would advocate extermination of more than 5 billion people as a 'solution' to the problems we face. I think it's further disturbing that his statements received such enthusiastic approval. Of course since the video cameras were turned off, I guess we'll never know how accurate the account as recorded by Forrest Mims really is.

Related News Links:
www.cdc.gov
www.who.int
www.who.int

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
SCI/TECH: Bird Flu Alert: Europe on the brink?
NEWS: Bird Flu News
Is Bird Flu Killing All Those Whales?

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well that inhumane scumbag can step up to the plate and take a shot of ebola first just to show how good he is

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why?

If human being can't work as one unit, to do what is best for the World what right do we have to destroy it for every other creature on Earth? For a long time, I was against people like this Dr but now with the way the World is maybe we no longer have these rights?

All we seem to do is fight, argue, make war and destroy and as time goes on I agree more with the statement in the Matrix, where we are compaired to a virus. What happens once we've used up most of the land on food? Dryed it out - allow even more poor people to starve like we do already?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The very fact he has an audience to listen to this is telling of the times we live in and why things are happening.
I hope he's the first one to ride the Ebola train to hell.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And once again, this reminds me of 'Assasination Politics'.

If Only...

How do people like him make it through life??

What ever happened to people getting crazy and taking matters into theyre own hands, and making things right? You cant threaten government officials, but you can say you want to wipe out nearly the entire human race, and thats alright?
Says who??

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) so called "scientist," is obviously one of the lazy non inquistive types whose idea of science is to parrot whatever the Club of Rome or the Bilderbergers or whoever wants to stuff money in his sorry hide. He is parroting Prince Philip who "wants to reincarneate to earth as a virus and wipe out 90 per cent of the wogs, ahem I mean people." This racist sack of dirt is neither volunteering for his experiment, nor is he public enough to battle for his insanity in a free exchange of ideas. The fact that his audience applauded shows he is preaching to the choir, since they too get tons of money for such insanity.

The fact is that the problem of "overpopulation," is rooted in flawed economic patterns, poor chemistry operating through big business, suppression of innovation, and generally merchantilism at its worst. For example, factory farming with concentration camp chickens, pigs, and cows is not "sustainable," since it basically creates ill health. The business model continues with expensive pharmaceuticals and medical procedures that confiscate a lifetime of work.

Big companies therefore want to continue their flawed science with a smaller sample of human beings to pollute. Since their reasoning is that pollution is an aggregate problem, not a direct one on one problem of flawed civilization, they assume that killing 90 per cent of the population is the only way for their corporate masters to 1.) Keep polluting at "reasonable levels, 2.) Continue their flawed but profitable science while spending precious human resources so that we will dig their own graves.

There are too many other reasons why the elites wish to wipe out humanity, but most of it rests upon extension of problems with their wealth creation mechanisms that depend upon ignorance. A large population is not controllable with ignorance, but a smaller one is far more "manageable." Since most of the elite detest general prosperity and good health, they need to wipe people out to continue their filthy poverty creating approach to industry. Their topheavy dictatorship forbids sound industry, innovations such as composting with mineral dust in preference to heavy petrochemical approaches. If you really look at "overpopulation," fly in an airplane some day and look for yourself how much empty space there is in the United States and other countries.

Presumably this design is for the purpose of an extreme few people controlling the remaining 10 per cent of the population, so they can live in total luxury while others grovel at their feet as slaves. He should be lambasted, charicatured, and cast into oblivion.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by SkipShipman]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
there are fools on the left, the right, the inbetween and the all around. The truth is that if we don't do it to ourselves nature will contrive some way to reduce our population. Ebola? Stupid idea...might as well give everybody rabies, its far more fatal.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ebola isn't and never has been ariborne. Also, the Ebola vaccine has just passed its first human trials. Vaccine

Now, remind me why this bug is an issue?

Also, this isn't about "saving the planet" at all. Ecologists, who more accurately should be called "human ecologists", are concerned with actions that will save our species, not the planet itself. No matter what we do, we will not kill nature. We could launch every nuclear weapon we have and start a nuclear winter, wipe out every plant an animal, and there will still be bacteria around which will evolve and replenish nature. Perhaps we should all just admit that ecology is just a means of prolonging our species' existence, no?

~MFP

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
Perhaps we should all just admit that ecology is just a means of prolonging our species' existence, no?

Of course it is... Should it be for any other reason?

As for Dr. Eric R. Pianka...if the reports are true, it goes to show a nut is born every day. What an idiot!

[edit on 2-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Actually, Ebola can be airborne. In 1996/1997 USAMRIID did a lab rotary test with a strain of it, using monkeys and found that it could be passed through air. However, this has never been shown outside of a Lab setting.

You can see the information: here.

In future, check about on your information before you claim the disease isn't and never has been airborne, bsl4doc. Normally you're so good with your information.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hmm, those biohazard suits on eBay are looking very appealing right now.

...and accompanying chemical shower...

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's the plot to Moonraker and he fancies himself as Hugo Drax!

I agree with the author of the article and dgtempe; the enthusiastic standing ovation for someone who would promote the genocide of the human race is indicative of a time of madness.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If human being can't work as one unit, to do what is best for the World what right do we have to destroy it for every other creature on Earth?

Who says man needs a right to do that???? Man exists, and, like every other organism on the planet, will grow and spread as much as it can, without regard for the other organisms around it. A population of rats doesn't need a 'right' to grow large enough to dominate a cornfield.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Man exists, and, like every other organism on the planet, will grow and spread as much as it can, without regard for the other organisms around it.

Most organisms do NOT do that. Life has an observable tendency to seek harmony and balance, and interdependence with other lifeforms.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Doesn't bode well for any of us, when scientists see destruction as the ultimate solution.

Professor Eric Pianka's site:
uts.cc.utexas.edu...

Scientists for Population Reduction
www.scientists4pr.org...

Another article in regards to the above:

DOOMSDAY: UT professor says death is imminent

“Every one of you who gets to survive has to bury nine,” Eric Pianka cautioned students and guests at St. Edward’s University on Friday. Pianka’s words are part of what he calls his “doomsday talk” — a 45-minute presentation outlining humanity’s ecological misdeeds and Pianka’s predictions about how nature, or perhaps humans themselves, will exterminate all but a fraction of civilization.

That’s 5.8 billion lives — lives he says are turning the planet into “fat, human biomass.” He points to an 85 percent swell in the population during the last 25 years and insists civilization is on the brink of its downfall — likely at the hand of widespread disease.

“[Disease] will control the scourge of humanity,” Pianka said. “We’re looking forward to a huge collapse.”

But Pianka, a 38-year UT educator, maintains he’s not campaigning for genocide. He likens mankind’s story to an unbridled party on a luxury cruise liner. The fun’s going strong on the upper deck, he says. But as crowds blindly absorb the festivities, many fail to notice the ship is sinking.

“The biggest enemy we face is anthropocentrism,” he said, describing the belief system in which humans are the central element of the universe. “This is that common attitude that everything on this Earth was put here for [human] use.”

Georgia Guidestones -Wiki
* Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
* Guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity.
* Unite humanity with a living new language.
* Rule passion—faith—tradition—and all things with tempered reason.
* Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
* Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
* Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
* Balance personal rights with social duties.
* Prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite.
* Be not a cancer on the earth—Leave room for nature—Leave room for nature.

Plans for population reduction have been around for quite awhile. I suspect PNAC plans to use global war and bioterror to reach those goals.

War Against Iran, April 2006
Biological Threat and Executive Order 13292

C onsider for example Dr. Ward Casscells, a renowned cardiologist that has of late become an "expert" in bioterrorism. Even more recently, Dr. Casscells joined the Army as a colonel . According to the US Defense Department, "his years of research on now-spreading avian flu are now deemed cutting edge." However, I know of no independent credible scientific body that makes the same assessment: Dr. Casscells has written a total of four papers on the effect of influenza on cardiac disease which have been cited by no other scientists. His paper "Influenza as a bioweapon" has a grand total of 5 citations, meaning a mere 5 other papers refer to it; "cutting edge" scientific papers have hundreds or thousands of citations. His only other paper on the subject, "Influenza as a bioterror threat: the need for global vaccination" has zero citations.

Nonetheless, Dr. Casscells' outstanding credentials as a scientist will be invoked by the administration if he vouches for the credibility of "intelligence" indicating that a dangerous mutated bird flu virus has been developed in an Iranian underground bioweapons laboratory. Dr. Casscells has been surveilling the Middle East to "scope out the possibility for a widespread outbreak" of bird flu. Because he has been advocating the view that "Bird flu is poised to be an explosive problem" and has predicted the use of influenza as a bioweapon, he is likely to be inclined to believe such claims. Similarly his scientific colleagues at the "Defense of Houston" committee, that work on anticipating bioterrorism threats and are highly lauded by the administration and very well funded by Army grants.

Executive Order 13292
www.fas.org...

But you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.
~ Dylan

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
NO WAY!!!!!!

When I saw the title of this thread, I already knew who had said it. Wanna know why?

Because I HAD that guy as a professor!!!

And you know what, he actually SAID THIS TWICE, to the entire class! We all looked around like, huh?

He even went into gory details on the progression of ebola from infection to death. I am still stunned that this made its way to ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I read this on Drudge.....I think they need to Keep this Dr. FAR FAR away from ANYTHING biological a Dangerious Dangerios man with Horrible Ideas for the Future.......Ha....Ed Dames the**so called ** Dr.Doom......meet the real one.....

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have two words for these maniacs.

"You first."

Go ahead. We're waiting. We're right behind you. Hurry now.

If it weren't for their precious credentials, they would be wearing a different sort of white coat, without a doubt.

There's no sound reasoning behind their claims. It's ludicrous to suggest that killing billions of people is a solution to anything. More accurately, these doctors and their ilk are the problem. What ego! What hubris! My God...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Man exists, and, like every other organism on the planet, will grow and spread as much as it can, without regard for the other organisms around it.

Most organisms do NOT do that. Life has an observable tendency to seek harmony and balance, and interdependence with other lifeforms.

If it weren't for highly polluting, highly invasive microbial species, our planet wouldn't even have an oxygen atmosphere right now.

So no, not every species instictively seeks balance with it's environment and to say that most do, is a belief not based on very much fact.

Infact if a species has a chance, it will spread as far and as wide as it can, regardless of the other species' needs within their habitat.

Some of these invasive species are our fault. The vast majority are not, for the simple reason that we cannot effect something at a time when we didn't even exist.

There is no such thing as "balance," just continual change at varying speeds.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sardion is right on, the system isn't in a state of stasis, achieving balance through stillness. The system regulates itself like a pendulum, swinging back and forth from one extreme to another.

It's balance alright, but it's a dynamic balance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join