It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since if we want a new name, we have to create a new account

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Can we get our points transferred. Couldn't you have a division who can be on the forum regularly enough who can change their own and other peoples name. I mean that neither the user nor the moderator can change it on their own. But it would take both to change it. The division that can change the account would tell whoever needs to know who is who at the end of every month the changes.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If you want a new name, you have to re-register, and No, you can't transfer points. I had to do it 2 years ago, but I needed a name more fitting to the site rather than the sports name I had.

So yes, you must re-register.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Reddragon
The division that can change the account would tell whoever needs to know who is who at the end of every month the changes.

With respect Vicious Reddragon, i think the owners and staff are busy enough as it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What real point would there be in that?

I mean, apart from those people who made a mistake
when writing their ScreenName out initially,
there's no need for it, you just got to live with the name
you choose.

And like Sanctum said, the staff is busy enough as it is,
they don't need some new frivilous task added on to their
list of duties to fulfill.

NOTE:
If I come of rude/mean in my post,
sorry, that's not how I meant it, not trying to be a jerk.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes, you must re-register. No, the points cannot be transferred.

And by the way, what's wrong with your current name? I like it. Unless you want to be less viscious.

Maybe you can add something to your custom status line. Like, aka 'better name'. This way you can still retain your points, post count, and applauds that you have accrued under your current name.

I have changed my name, but thankfully I had not been a member for very long when I did that.

Mechanic 32.

edit = add comment.

I see that your post count is only 58, and your points are nothing to write home about, so I'd say, reregister. You will need to use a different email address though, than the one you used to register current name. Because with ATS your username and email address are somehow linked together, for ID purposes, I believe.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Also, you have not been a member for too long, so any name change wouldn't be devastating. And if you're worried about points, it is very easy to pick them up if you know how.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
And one last thing. If you do change your username, it is strongly recomended that you never go back to using your old username.

That is very much frowned upon here at ATS. Check the T&C for more details.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Right. If you see Arkham wandering about, then know that it is me.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
lawl

j00 ain't your points.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Heh hehe.

Well are'nt you two ( DarkHelmet and Mechanic 32) the
know-it-all's today.

Oh, and that's meant positively.

EDIT:
To add...

Lys, you know you make less and less sens every post.

But I guess that add's to your shwayness.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
And one last thing. If you do change your username, it is strongly recomended that you never go back to using your old username.

That is very much frowned upon here at ATS. Check the T&C for more details.

Indeed, from the T&C:

"2c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself"."

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Heh hehe.

Well are'nt you two ( DarkHelmet and Mechanic 32) the
know-it-all's today.

Oh, and that's meant positively.

No problem, Iori. It's just one of those 'been there, done that' kind of things.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Don't matter. My name has apparently already been taken. Vicious Reddragon stays just that. Btw, if I could get on the forums more, I wouldn't have worried about the points.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Points are able to be transferred. But it doesn't to be very common. Especially with our tagging system now, points are very easy to come by and are really a measure of anything anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am not even here enough to use the tagging system.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I am not even here enough to use the tagging system.

How is this?

Any member is able to tag. Just enter something that is related to the ongoing discussion and you will be awarded the proper amount of points. Older threads offer more points.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well... If you have a mic you could do a PODcast for a quick 2500 points.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Don't matter. My name has apparently already been taken. Vicious Reddragon stays just that. Btw, if I could get on the forums more, I wouldn't have worried about the points.

I did a quick check, and Arkham is not taken.

That is probably because you tried to register a new account with the same email address as your current account.

Also, you may not have been completely logged off. You can log off in BTS, but still be logged in on ATS!! and PTS!!

Best way to be sure is delete your cookies related to ATS, BTS, and PTS. I think that there are a couple more that ATS stores there too, but I don't remember what they were.

To search for usernames, click on the MEMBERS tab above. Way down at the bottom of the page, there is a search text box. Type in the username you are looking for, press search. Voila!!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Jesus tap dancing christ. I hate making a new e-mail address. If I can make Arkham and he has the same info, know that it is me. Thanks for the help, Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
.....You will need to use a different email address though, than the one you used to register current name. Because with ATS your username and email address are somehow linked together, for ID purposes, I believe.

In case you missed it earlier.

Keep us posted on your progress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join