It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gas Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here in Houston, I am seeing cheap gas going for about $2.59 a gallon.

I highest I ever saw a gas price in person was $3.05 inbetween hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

We are all complaining about the price of gas but we continue to buy it.

At what point do we take our complaining to the next level?

The price of gas is already putting a dent in our wallets. How high does it have to go before it totals your wallet?

Would you pay $4.99 a gallon within 2 years and just keep whining about it?

Right now, Hispanics are protesting for immigrants rights. Others are protesting against the war.

Do you have any idea of $3.49 for a gallon of gas will do? To the price of EVERYTHING?!?!

What are people who have to drive more then 10 miles to work going to do?

It make make sense to create an alternative fuel source right away but America has had 30+ years to do that and has dragged their feet every step of the way.

Around and around, down the toilet we swish.

The United States is plugged into just about every major economy in the world. As it falls, so shall the earth.

If your involved in the the world's oil empire, is the easiest resolution a massive population reduction? After all, Wal-Mart isnt going to research a replacement for Wal-Mart. Nor will the gas and oil industry create its own.

It might not hurt to do some research on the American pioneers. Becasue if you dont know how to gather food and BUILD shelter, or ride a horse, or care for a gun (which includes alot more then shooting it), you and your family may be within 25 years of expiring.

If we want to do something constructive, we ought to try organizing a protest against the price of gas and oil. What will it resolve? The same thing that 99% of protests resolve. Nothing.

But it lets the criminals in DC know that we are thinking about them.

What if we organized a national week long strike (one week and two weekends)? During that time, we dont drive anywhere unless its an emergency. That means about 90-99% of us dont report to work.

Opinions? For? Against?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well I am currently paying $1.09 a liter, and I believe their is 4 litres in a gallon so doing the math on that one things could be ALOT worse.

We have seen the gas rise to $1.40 n the aftermath of Katrina.

Our provincial governments are beginning to enforce regulations on the prices to keep it from fluxuating so much. Which will help with dramatic increases, but if it ever went down we would be out of luck. But I dont think any of us see that happening in the near future.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The rising price of gas is also causes other things to happen. People are trading in their cars, trucks, suvs, etc., with larger engines (v6, v8) for more fuel efficient models. As new car sales start to plummet, you will see lower average car prices.

Also, other transportation likes buses are also affected and there will be rising prices there to offset the rise in gas prices.

It's not really the crimonals in DC I am thinking about. It is the gas suppliers. Did you notice, that even when the price of crude oil is dropping, that the price of gasoline stays the same, or even rises??

Think price gouging here... In the US it happens a lot more than people realise.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Its small rural areas that get hit the hardest. When the small market stations need to account for the higher costs and small revenue. We are currently atleast 10 cents more expensive then the rest of the country here on the east coast of Canada.

And as I have said before we normally pay on average of $1.10 a litre.. If I am correct with the 4L in a gallon in which USA pays. You would be looking at around $4.40 a gallon, so it seems like we are paying alittle bit more through the nose then others.

Correct me on my conversion of Litres to gallon if I am off.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oil company cuts refinery production to increase profits

Cuts in production at several Midwestern refineries have played a role. BP reportedly slashed output by 10 percent to 15 percent to boost profit margins at its Whiting, Ind., refinery, and the region's largest. Valero Energy Corp. cut output by more than 10 percent at its facility in Lima, Ohio. Fuel from both refineries is distributed in Michigan.

Originally posted by Chissler
Its small rural areas that get hit the hardest.

When the oil companies play a dirty game for the sake of the their stockholders, the little person always gets screwed.

JDub

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I come from Northern New York where it's typically 10-15 from any gas station in any direction, sometimes, its more scarce than that. The main unfortunate is that the gas prices are about 20-25 cents higher than more urban areas like Syracuse or Albany. Very unfortunate and this summer the crunch is going to hit the hardest!

I suppose you can say the big HYPE on SUVs is over.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
Here in Houston, I am seeing cheap gas going for about $2.59 a gallon.

I highest I ever saw a gas price in person was $3.05 inbetween hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

We are all complaining about the price of gas but we continue to buy it.

At what point do we take our complaining to the next level?

The price of gas is already putting a dent in our wallets. How high does it have to go before it totals your wallet?

Would you pay $4.99 a gallon within 2 years and just keep whining about it?

Right now, Hispanics are protesting for immigrants rights. Others are protesting against the war.

Do you have any idea of $3.49 for a gallon of gas will do? To the price of EVERYTHING?!?!

What are people who have to drive more then 10 miles to work going to do?

It make make sense to create an alternative fuel source right away but America has had 30+ years to do that and has dragged their feet every step of the way.

Around and around, down the toilet we swish.

The United States is plugged into just about every major economy in the world. As it falls, so shall the earth.

If your involved in the the world's oil empire, is the easiest resolution a massive population reduction? After all, Wal-Mart isnt going to research a replacement for Wal-Mart. Nor will the gas and oil industry create its own.

It might not hurt to do some research on the American pioneers. Becasue if you dont know how to gather food and BUILD shelter, or ride a horse, or care for a gun (which includes alot more then shooting it), you and your family may be within 25 years of expiring.

If we want to do something constructive, we ought to try organizing a protest against the price of gas and oil. What will it resolve? The same thing that 99% of protests resolve. Nothing.

But it lets the criminals in DC know that we are thinking about them.

What if we organized a national week long strike (one week and two weekends)? During that time, we dont drive anywhere unless its an emergency. That means about 90-99% of us dont report to work.

Opinions? For? Against?

Thanks for your time.

In Europe we pay 7.72 a gallon....
It has quite some advantages, as it forces companies to invent solutions to the problem and stops the world from its global warming process.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
I suppose you can say the big HYPE on SUVs is over.

INDY STAR link

DETROIT -- The 2006 model year will be the last for the Indiana-built Hummer H1, the hulking, gas-guzzling status symbol that has attracted celebrities and off-road enthusiasts but has drawn the ire of environmentalists.

The H1 gets about 10 miles per gallon, but Walsh said rising gas prices didn't factor into GM's decision. He noted that H1 buyers typically have been less sensitive about gas prices than most other drivers.

They may say that gas prices aren't one of the reasons that there has been a decline in sales and were not a part of the decision-making process, but I disagree. I am seeing alot of F-250 and F-350 sized trucks coming back to the dealers for trade-ins. I think that alot of people are going to be down-sizing quickly.

JDub

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can't remember where I got this but it is very helpful National Gas Map. When I travel, I always print for the areas where I will be at. Enjoy!!

new topics

top topics

join