It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you act during a state of anarchy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Lets say "the system" breaks down and law and order is absent and void.

Maybe its a hurricane in New Orleans or a riot in LA. Whatever.

How would YOU carry yourself during a state of anarchy?

Its really not so simple to understand. Take a man that steals from a closed grocery store. Is he a looter or is a hungary man with a hungary family?

Would you try to calm people down or would you rather stand on the sidelines in fear that trying to stop it could get you hurt?

Would you blast away at someone that tried to break into your home and simply pop off a single warning?

Without ever being in a situation like that, how do you even answer the question?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I suppose it would depend upon my own situation. I have food enough for several people for a week, possibly two, depending on whether or not they were adults, children, etc... I also have the capability to defend myself should things get Really dicey. I would probably round up the family and hunker down and ride it out.

If I wasn't at least a little prepared, I really don't know what I'd do. I am generally a law abiding person, but hunger or fear can make even the most lawabiding person do stupid things. So honestly, I can't tell you what I'd do if I were caught unprepared.

I have a much easier time with someone looting to feed his/her family, infact, I've no issue with it at all, looting for TV's, that's a whole 'nother thing entirely.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Living in weapon-less Britain, I would defend myself with any means at my disposal, be it crude bombs, sticks, anything to survive.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, the first rule in acting is to remember your lines. The second would be to study the character you're portraying and try to get a sense of his world. If the character is non-fiction, study up on the life of the person you're portraying. If fiction, try to find comparison's of people that you know and study them.

Whoops (heh,heh). My bad. OK. Let's see. I'd have a grand time. Pillaging, looting and whatever else comes along with anarchism. The very first place to hit. THE BEER STORE!:w:

[edit on 2/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
as a paramedic student i'd haveta grab my 'jump kit' in order to treat the injured and lend aid where i could. as an american i'd be sure to put my pistol in its holster, extra clips in my pocket, and my mossy 500 scattergun. i'm convinced that a shotgun on a sling on my shoulder will havve a certain, uh, calming effect on those around me. i just hope i'd have time before the balloon goes up to prepare myself and my family.

oh, btw whomever in this post who mentioned that they'd go the teh liquor store to layin an apoclypse quanity supply, give my your address. you provide the drink, and i'll provide da security. its a thought

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Apocalypse Party? I am soooo there. I'll bring the ice..

Mossberg 500 as a social persuader? Niice. I've got a shortbarrelled 12 guage myself, and an assortment of other weaponry suitable for greeting unwanted guests to the Apocalypse Party.

Just as an aside... Is an Apocalypse Party anything like the Tsunami Parties we used to hold in Alaska when we evacuated during warnings? If so, I'll bring the non-aspirin pain reliever, too..

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How would you act during a state of anarchy?

The same as I do now, but heavily armed.

[edit on 4/3/2006 by Landis]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
seagull:
does a tsunami party involve tequilla, bath-tub punch, midget tossing, female ummm... entertainment, and automatic weapos being fired into the air?

if so, then Yep.
'cept at my latitude it is probally warmer.

RSVP, if you would, please.
P.S. please bring your own bottled water and MRE's.

BTW Interearthling, if you think we need to stop at the liquor store, you OBVISIOULSY ain't see my fridge.
:w:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would kill anyone who came within 30 feet of my house...i would set up a little camp on my roof and be on gaurd at all hours with some of my buddies...we would protect our stuff. lol...i dont know.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In the backwoods of Arkansas.......its doubtful we would notice the difference

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would pack up and head out for the backwoods of Arkansas.

Seriously, I wouldn't notice much of anything where I am either.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
true that.

i seriously doubt that the people in my town would even notice the end of the world. that woulld complicate the invite list for my 'end-o-the-world bash. damn.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dirty Boots.

I live a bit further south now, but back in the day. Woo-hoo. Remarkably enough the two types of parties do sound similar, save for the midget tossing.

But since we seem to be rather widely separated, we'll just have to credit good intentions

My small town probably wouldn't notice for a good long while either.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
sorry Genfinity, in my attemps at bein glib, i didn't address teh questions you asked in the orirional post.

here goes, in order top-to-bottom:

armed is how id carry myself.

if it gets that rough, i'd go looting, uh..resuppling. those stores are insured, probally for more than their worth, seeing how the fed.'s are paying da tab, so to speak i think the shop keeps shouldv'e been giving away their diapers and formula, instead of defending them with scatterguns. the guy in the jewerlystore, yeah, but not the guy who has a store full of needed items during a time of crisis.

as a medic, i think i'd try to settle stuff down and treat da wounded. unless, that cadilliac dealer didn't lock-up for he evac'd, in which case you gotta prioitize dis stuff, ya now?

if someone is trying to break in to my adobe, then he is free game, apocolypse or not.

i haven't been thru somethign like that, but i've got CNN therefore, i'm not totally ignorant of the concept.

BTW good idea for a post.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If I lived in a state of anarchy I would be ecstatic. If someone tried to attack or steal something from me I would act the same as I would now

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well I'd take my survival tactics from a well known film...I'd go to the pub, they do cheese toasties don't you know

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Prolly just break out the bibles and " a convertin' I will go, a convertin I will go, Hi Ho the the merry Oh a convertin I would go"

Just kidding, I'd grab my 16 guns and start slaughtering people and giving last rights...just kidding again. I dunno. Just wait and see if my supplies will last then just start scouting for more grub. I think the laws of hunting would come into effect before too long and as long as electricity lasted my freezer would be stocked with deer meat. I'd prolly use the fireplace to cook and set up a kitchen for my neighborhood to eat anything that was looking like it was going to spoil when power finally did go out.

I think that if people just looked out for themselves we'd see another New Orleans type situation. Looting for tv's and other non-essential stuff. If they looked out for each other we'd prolly see more folks like in MS, helping out each other. Two different mindsets. IMO

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Catchy little tune you got there.

The community kitchen with roast venison, mmm, sounds like a splendid way to spend ones time whilst avoiding rampant anarchy. What goes well with venison? A nice red wine? I'll reserve a table for two now to avoid the rush.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Red wine,yum. Goes great with venison!! I am thinking maybe some rabbits too. Then we could have white!! A little of this :w: and a lot of this

[edit on 6/4/06 by OneGodJesus]

top topics

join