It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic code: Freemason's cipher AKA Pigpen cipher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

www.simonsingh.net...

ccelian.com...

FBI WEBSITE
www.fbi.gov...

Download freemason code / FONTS
www.odr.org/anonymous/fam-code.htm

fonts.baydragons.com/fonts.asp?link=2&offset=170

intersting code in poetry
www.light-of-truth.com/Royal_Arch_Jewel/peek.htm

lodge1759.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk...

themasonictrowel.com...

If you closely compare this cipher with that of the York Rite or Blue Lodge, you will see the
subtle differences but know that they are different. By knowing this cipher you will not be able to
decode a 'real' masonic cipher. This example has been presented for "entertainment purposes" and to
educate you about Masonic Ciphers, while keeping within the bounds of our obligations.

Pigpen_cipher:
motivate.maths.org...

REALLY BASIC
library.thinkquest.org...

[edited to include cut and pasted information within the 'ex' tags to indicate that it is from an external source. Please try to use the 'ex' tags in the future -nygdan]

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Is there something you are trying to tell us? Please provide more than just a series of links, please discuss the information provided therein.

The information is indeed interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Concerning this thread it is not my aims to tell people what to think about it but to just bring the facts to the table for their own observance. However I would encourage anything someone’s else knows about mason code to bring it to the table just as one of the masons stated real mason code is unbreakable, so if anyone cold pull info on that or bring some example of mason code with those subtle differences or whatever that would be great.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by PowerToThePeople]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerToThePeople
just as one of the masons stated real mason code is unbreakable

your link to wikipedia

The use of symbols is no impediment to cryptanalysis however, and cryptanalysis is identical to that of other simple substitution schemes.

Are you sure that it is unbreakable?

JDub

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook
JDub

I guess with older code ciphers it worked well enough against the human eye back in the day, but with the sophistication of computers that can spot patterns and break codes in seconds it makes me wonder how much history has been decoded by cryptologists and not yet reviled to us or simply just tucked away???

Of course now these days I’m sure the masons have implemented a new system of code , cryptology or maybe using Steganography instead ?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think it’s important to note that messages will not always be visible to the human eye and could be hidden in ANYTHING including art work etc as I learned form reading g “codes and ciphers by peter way”

en.wikipedia.org...
The advantage of steganography over cryptography alone is that messages do not attract attention to themselves, to messengers, or to recipients. An unhidden coded message, no matter how unbreakable it is, will arouse suspicion and may in itself be incriminating and in some countries encryption is illegal.

druid.caughq.org...

Steganography vs. Cryptography

Steganography’s goal is to keep the presence of a message secret, or hide the fact that communication is taking place
Cryptography’s goal is to obscure a message or communication so that it cannot be understood
Steganography and Cryptography make great partners. It is common practice to use cryptography with steganography

www.strangehorizons.com...

With these new techniques, a hidden message is indistinguishable from white noise. Even if the message is suspected, there is no proof of its existence. To actually prove there was a message, and not just randomness, the code needs to be cracked or the random number seed guessed. This feature of modern steganography is called "plausible deniability."

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is the sort of thread that should live on the home page.

Those just new to snooping around the world of conspiracies, could do with an understanding of the principles of steganography.

All of a sudden those 'wobbly' signatures and 'oddly ticked' boxes, on 'everyday' paperwork etc., start to connect the dots between conspirators.

There also has to be great discussion on how to avoid developing complete paranoia.

Edit to add; regular 'social and club' meetings, are a handy way to pass on the latest codes, when old ones have been tapped.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by suzy ryan]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I know that when I was in the military in the early 90's, we were taught in crypto school that one of the systems that the Navy was using at that time was the toughest to break ever in history. They borrowed computer time on the Cray and it was estimated that it would have take 40 years of computer time to break the code into a readable message.

I also heard rumors at the same time that NSA had tried its hand at various ciphers from throughout history, but that they were not "officially" transcribed, so nothing was published about it. I wasn't at the NSA for that, but had a couple of mates that were over the course of their careers.

JDub

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
thanks for the font links.

woop woop!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

At what point did you think adding 'woop woop' was going to help you escape from a one line warning? - Don't answer..

[edit on 4-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ARIST0CRAT

The Masonic(74) code is through Simple(74) English(74) Gematria(74). The Key(74): a=1...z=26, the only irregularity is that the circle can be either the 15th letter or zerO, 'A-B-C becomes 1-2-3'(74). Why the focus on 74 as 'number 1'(74)/'program 1'(74)? GOD=7_4. 7/4=July 4

- Bradshaw Watson
Author of There Are No Coincidences

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am a Master Mason, I can tell you that I have been in Masonry for close to 30 years. I have made it to the top of the York Rite at Supreme High Commander of the Knights Templars order. I can tell you that the cipher used by the Freemasons cannot be broken. It is a series of letters that changes every degree and letters that are assigned at random. Every mason in Freemasonry can tell you that.... YOU CANNOT BREAK THIS CODE.... My best reguards to all... Keep searching it is all in vein.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i just want to add something here, mainly about "conspiracies".

people always seem to mention that there are people in the world conspiring to do things. that masons conspire for this or that or to take over the world etc.

everyone, everyday conspires in one way or another. if things are to be kept secret it's for a reason and not simply to conceal a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Is this thread still in use?

regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
here's to you masons
www.youtube.com...

Thre's nothing but love
have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

what do you want to know?

BTW, nice Iron Maiden signature.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

"I don't think that every secret meeting is nefarious in nature"

I dont think it's a secret brotherhood but rather a discret one.

evil dont attrack evil coz they're already in

Being a caring person attracks evil

something is taking over the world maybe it's goodness?
dont answer that.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
Being a caring person attracks evil

something is taking over the world maybe it's goodness?
dont answer that.

I don't think that trying to be a good person attracts evil. But I would say that it makes people question your motives. It's hard to believe that anyone would do good for goodness sake. besides Santa that is.

Based on what I have seen, the majority of what is taking over the world is far from goodness. But it does start with a G.

When everyone learns what's really important in life, we will be much closer to being on the right path. (IMHO)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Do It Anyway
Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
This is the sort of thread that should live on the home page.

*bump*

i ran across this gem while scouring the dark corridors that are ATS. very interesting to say the least, interesting enough to bring it back and see if i can pry any more info from others to this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Nice! That is called gematria and it is a form of numerology not cryptology. Also extremely fascinating though for it conveys messages of a different kind if you know what the numbers stand for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join