It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinion on this photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Again, I'm really sorry, but I think you are seeing things that you want to see within rock formations. I really don't like that you are so taken with your beliefs that you can't see the rocks in this picture. Quite frankly, it scares me that you can't see that these are rocks.

I'm really sorry to be so negative about this, but I am concerned that the religeous tendancies of UFO people are detrimental to scientific investigations.

Obvously, this is just my opinion, and I understand if you don't like it. While I don't mean any offense, I am questioning your basic reasoning skills. So if you do take offense, I'll understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
ThePieMaN:

hey, this is cool... so if I'm reading these incredibly long file names correctly, what we have is two sets of images taken some time apart, each set contains an image from the Left and Right cameras... so we should be able to generate two stereo images... he hee heee.

So what is your current working theory? That this is an intact craft hovering or setting on the ground either right on top of or just a little behind the hill??

Looking at these quickly, I still just see rocks and dirt, but when my daughter gives me a chance I'll play with them in paintshop and see what pops up....

rock on
twj

Torbjon
I believe thats what the L and R is in those filenames.

It looks to me that its in front of those 2 big rocks and not behind it, and yes either hovering or in flight.

That will be great. Maybe someone with more skill can come up with something that looks a little clearer to either prove or disprove it. The pic that feelingroovy got is a lot clearer then mine but he wasn't able to see it but I saw it even more in his. I dunno why I see it and no one else does tho. It doesn't look like a pile of rocks to me it looks like it has shape.

Pie

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Again, I'm really sorry, but I think you are seeing things that you want to see within rock formations. I really don't like that you are so taken with your beliefs that you can't see the rocks in this picture. Quite frankly, it scares me that you can't see that these are rocks.

I'm really sorry to be so negative about this, but I am concerned that the religeous tendancies of UFO people are detrimental to scientific investigations.

Hey no offense taken. I don't know where you are getting religion out of all this as I have no religion in my life right now but hey if you would like to believe that or think that Im religious please feel free to think so. I'm just an ordinary person , not a scientist or ufo-ologist.
I'm also not a ufo person but I do believe that we are not alone in this universe.

Pie

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wathever this is, its the same thing that appears in these images

Maybe this helps.

4S

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Put down the *snip* people...it's a rock

mod edit: removed drug reference

[edit on 6-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I too think it's a rock...

however, THINKING it's a rock and PROVING it's a rock are two different things

just like THINKING it's a ufo and PROVING it's a ufo are two different things

What's wrong with examining and discussing the data?

Maybe we'll help discover something interesting about Martian geology or perhaps something else *shrugs* We'll never know if we don't try...

At least we're not slamming people and calling them pot heads

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Nothing. But there's a point at which most folks make a practical decision, and there's no need to look at any more data. If we didn't, we'd be studying every lump of dirt for years, and never get on to any more "controversial" issues that might have a bit more data to mull over. Yes, it could very well be a crashed or landing flying saucer from space. Yes, we can look at 100 rocks and be wrong in assuming that rock #101 is the same. But come on, give us a little more to go on than elephants in cloud formations.

Here's the deal. You present all the available evidence for it NOT being a rock, and comes the day when it's discovered to really and truly be a Martian "Denny's" restaurant, you get credit for being a Wile E. Coyote-level super genius. How's that?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Wathever this is, its the same thing that appears in these images

Maybe this helps.

Very helpful, thank you. #4 shows the "nose cone" area that was mentioned. It seems that I contrast-enhanced a bit too much in trying to figure out the other picture of the "nose cone" area and made JPEG artifacts into a structure (*slaps self in forehead.*) I must retract my second illustration due to this fault though the first illustration of the nose-cone area was accurate though. I know this now because of image #4.

Image #4, after being zoomed in, shows the feature clearly enough that an illustration or contrast enhancement is not required. It is nothing but a pile of rocks.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Enkidu:

I hate it when people take my words out of context. The ENTIRE quote is:

"I too think it's a rock...

Maybe we'll help discover something interesting about Martian geology or perhaps something else *shrugs* We'll never know if we don't try...

At least we're not slamming people and calling them pot heads

rock on
twj"

If me, trying to illustrate to ThePieMaN why I think it's a rock is waste of YOUR time... actually, you know what? Forget it. I'm tickled pink to be wasting your time. I look forward to wasting more of your time as the years roll by. It pleases me to no end to have that type of control over your life.

And, just to add some frosting to the cake, Congratulations on becoming the first person I put on my Ignore list.

Unless you want me wasting even more of your oh so valuable time, I suggest you do the same to me.

bye bye.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Nothing. But there's a point at which most folks make a practical decision, and there's no need to look at any more data. If we didn't, we'd be studying every lump of dirt for years, and never get on to any more "controversial" issues that might have a bit more data to mull over. Yes, it could very well be a crashed or landing flying saucer from space. Yes, we can look at 100 rocks and be wrong in assuming that rock #101 is the same. But come on, give us a little more to go on than elephants in cloud formations.

Here's the deal. You present all the available evidence for it NOT being a rock, and comes the day when it's discovered to really and truly be a Martian "Denny's" restaurant, you get credit for being a Wile E. Coyote-level super genius. How's that?

How about the folks that want to look into it a little further are allowed to do so. Your idea of a practical decision and someone elses cuold be miles apart.

And those that arent interested or are just scornful go away and do something else. I would suggest world peace or poverty if you havent already solved those problems.

Btw whats a denny's restuarant, wouldnt macdonalds be more likely to be on Mars they seem to be everywhere else!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

Mars....a planet that is without argument covered with rocks. Little bitty pebbles all the way up to great big boulders. A planet with hills, rocky outcroppings, valleys, mesas,...you get the picture...it's not featureless. Why does it seem,....those of us who see rocks are somehow 'out of the loop'?

Show me something really stunning. Something like...Oh...a dismembered finger on a billiards table type stunning. Something that is no doubt out of place.

I'm tired of squinting at bad blowups with supposedly helpful, colored lines drawn on them with Paint. I simply can't imagine 'tinted windshields', 'wings', or 'exhaust ports' in photographs like this.

Unbelievable that so much 'back and forth' has occurred over this photo.

NC

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever

I'm tired of squinting at bad blowups with supposedly helpful, colored lines drawn on them with Paint. I simply can't imagine 'tinted windshields', 'wings', or 'exhaust ports' in photographs like this.

NC

Neither can I. Looked more like a skull to me, but hey if others think they see something in it, why not let them investigate, discuss, theorize. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Who's it hurting 'you'. If so stay away from the thread. If the mods think its a waste of space im sure they will do something about it.

Luv always
M4S.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
Unbelievable.

Mars....a planet that is without argument covered with rocks. Little bitty pebbles all the way up to great big boulders. A planet with hills, rocky outcroppings, valleys, mesas,...you get the picture...it's not featureless. Why does it seem,....those of us who see rocks are somehow 'out of the loop'?
Unbelievable that so much 'back and forth' has occurred over this photo

Wow you sure are an angry little guy aren't ya? All I did was ask for peoples opinions. I didn't say you HAD to see what I saw. I made a thread for discussion is all I did. No one stuck a gun to your head and threatened your life in any way. Sheesh take a chill pill. No one said you were "out of the loop" for not seeing anything. If anything people are critisizing me , not that I care. Its not a picture I took or had control over. I was just attempting to start a little discussion is all.

Sorry if I took anything away from your amazingly interesting post about your "New Yorker Magazine heisting your Parts tree on your workbench" thread.
I was just trying to make conversation as this is a public forum. The whole idea behind a forum IS to generate back and forth discussion about a topic.

Pie

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ThePieMaN:

Okay comrade, you'll probably dig on this. I did a real number for you, complete with Terrestrial examples and treatments of other Martian landscapes for comparison...

Again, I STILL think it's just a pile of rocks and sand, but check this out...

www.torbtown.com...

(by the way, that Ignore button is one spiffy little tool *grins*)

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

www.torbtown.com...

(by the way, that Ignore button is one spiffy little tool *grins*)

rock on
twj

Ok which X am I looking at? The red one or the other red ones?
Red X's!!! .

Yeah I know all about Ignore buttons but he didn't get to me. He's taking this awfully personal. Maybe he will just put me on ignore.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
just thought you'd get a kick out of a known man made artifact looking like a pile o' rocks. tha's all *shrugs*

I thought I'd be able to prove that rocks pop up as rocks, and artifacts pop up as artifacts, but when I did that number on the lander it kind of blew me away. I Knew it was the lander, but I could see how I could also mistake it for a pile of rocks.

I STILL think the 'X-Wing' is nothing more than sand and rubble, it sure looks that way to me in all the treatments I've done... just not sure I could prove it...

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
torbjon

I don't know if you noticed, but the link you posted shows a page where the images have names like file:///C:/WINDOWS/Desktop/web2/size3.jpg, and consequently do not appear on the page.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
made a booboo nvm. sorry

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

just thought you'd get a kick out of a known man made artifact looking like a pile o' rocks. tha's all *shrugs*

Torbjon I wasn't trying to be a wiseguy..when I went to your link the pics were not there just placeholders for them. (Box with a red x) I keep checking but still no pics there.

Pie

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
it cant be a geological formation! look closely hot its shaped and colored compared to everything else! maybe its the entrance to the martians underground home...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join